9 Tips to Crack JEE Advanced
Under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB), IIT Kanpur is all set to organize JEE Advanced 2018 on 20th May 2018. We are here with just 9 Tips to Crack JEE Advanced 2018. The techniques available here are planned with some secret preparation strategies of the JEE toppers. Please have a look…
JEE Advanced 2018 is conducted by one of the 23 IITs for Admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs. The entire execution will be under Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2018. Joint entrance examination (JEE) is designed in two categories i.e. JEE MAIN & JEE Advanced.
The main aim of this examination is to select the best engineer for the college. Every year around 12 lakh candidateslakhs of candidates apply for JEE MAIN and around 2 lakhs candidates are selected for JEE Advanced. Before we start discussing the strategies to prepare JEE Advanced, here is a thing which must be the first step towards preparation.
Candidate must make sure of online registrations beginning and last dates and timings, which are 2nd May, 2018 Wednesday from 10am and 7th May, 2018, Monday upto 5pm respectively. The last date for the fee payment for the registered candidates is 8th May, 2018, Tuesday upto 5pm.
JEE Advanced Important Dates
|Online registration portal||www.jeeadv.ac.in|
|Online registration begins||Wednesday, May 2, 2018|
|Online registration closes||Monday, May 7, 2018|
|Last date for fee payment for registered candidates||Tuesday, May 8, 2018|
|Date of Examination||Sunday, 20 May 2018|
|Admit card downloading schedule||Monday, May 14, 2018 to Sunday, May 20, 2018|
|Results||Sunday, June 10, 2018|
Check Here – JEE Advanced Application Form
9 Tips to Crack JEE Advanced 2018
#1. Clear the Basic Concepts
Basic concepts of all the three subjects must be cleared so that you can easily understand its further applications. For clearing the concepts you must have a good study material. This will help you in the clarification of concepts in different and easy ways.
#2. Follow the Toppers
Toppers mostly recommend solving more and more numerical problems as possible. They generally reveal the strategies of preparation which are personally experienced and faced by them. You have to do research on JEE Toppers.
Get Here – JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
#3. Rectify, Don’t Hide Your Mistakes
If you are doing any mistake then note down that and try that again that should not be repeated. If you feel embarrassed discussing your doubt to someone you can take help of internet, there you will get many solutions regarding your difficulty. Do anything, but don’t hide them.
#4. Set a Target and Be Damn Strict to It
Try to manage your preparation according to subjects and give yourself a target on your own. Give yourself tasks to be completed in limited duration and be tough to you. If you succeed in completing the task, give yourself some prize and motivate yourself to do more.
Check Also – IIT JEE Advanced Syllabus
#5. Go Through Every Topic in the Syllabus Once
Do not leave any topic for last, try to carry every topic according to the subject wise strategy. At least you should know the meaning of every topic which comes under the particular subject. You will not be blank while sitting in the examination hall.
#6. Any Doubt? Clear It Right Now!
If you are having any doubt regarding any topic or subject, clarify that at the same time. Otherwise it may trouble you a lot in last days of your preparation.You can discuss your difficulties with your teachers or friends whenever you need. This will not only clear your doubt but also help you to think in your own and innovative way.
Start Now – JEE Advanced Mock Test
#7. Just Relax, You’re Not a Machine
Don’t sit and study for hours like a bookworm, make your studies smart. Give your 100% in 1 hour or a bit more, it will much better than sitting and holding book for a whole day. Sitting for long can make you feel tired and you won’t be able to do your next task with full concentration. So, take rest after some duration.
#8. Go Digital
Online explanations and many other digital sources can help you a lot. So, make use of them. There are many sources available online which will help you to understand your topic in more easy language. You will get solution of every difficulty in your language on internet.
Get Details – JEE ADVANCED Previous Year Papers
#9. Challenge Yourself with Sample Papers
Try to solve sample papers which are available online, this will help you checking your speed and accuracy. Try to choose the most difficult sample paper, this will tell you the level of your preparation and try to solve that paper in given time.
Attention! There is Much More to Read
Please have a look on…
- Facts About JEE Advanced 2018
- Tips To Cover JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018
Candidate must know the syllabus of the examinations and must be confident about the same. Here we are providing you exam pattern and syllabus along with subject wise preparation tips, you definitely must go through.
Facts About JEE Advanced 2018
Exam date: 20th May 2018
- JEE advanced exam will conduct through online mode only
- This exam includes 2 exams i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. Attempting both the exams is mandatory.
- Each paper consists of three different sections, named as, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- It contains objective type questions which further includes Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Type Questions
- 3 hours will be the duration given for each paper of JEE Advanced.
- Candidates can attempt examination in any of the two languages, whether English or Hindi.
- Marking scheme for the examination will be like, full marks, partial marks and zero and there will be negative marking for some of the questions.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 both will include 54 questions for 183 marks.
Do You Know About – JEE Advanced Rank Predictor
Tips To Cover JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018
JEE advanced includes three subjects in the syllabus:
Physics– This subject consists of two sections i.e. Section A& Section B. Section A includes:
- Physics And Measurement(Electrostatics),
- Kinematics(Current Electricity),
- Laws Of Motion(Magnetic Effects Of Current And Magnetism),
- Work, Energy And Power(Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Currents),
- Rotational Motion(Electromagnetic Waves),
- Properties Of Solids And Liquids(Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiation),
- Thermodynamics(Atoms And Nuclei)
- Kinetic Theory Of Gases(Electronic Devices)
- Oscillation And Waves(Communication System)
Section B includes only Experimental Skills.
Check Here – Physics Online Test
Preparation Tips for Physics
- As physics is a conceptual subject, candidate should first focus on basic concepts. After completing this, scoring topics must be preferred like optics, electricity and magnetism.
- As thermodynamics is common topic for both physics and chemistry, candidates must give this topic a special attention.
- If you are preparing one topic on one day then try to solve its problems also on the same day.
- Formulae are the things which are to prepare very carefully and thoroughly.
- Candidate must also prepare derivation of the formulae.
- Candidate must practice sample papers without taking any stress, otherwise you will not be able to concentrate on questions. And this should be practiced regularly.
Also Check – Physics Questions And Answers
Chemistry– this subject includes three sections i.e.
Section: Physical Chemistry
- Some basic concepts of chemistry(solutions)
- States of matter(equilibrium)
- Atomic structure(redox reactions and electrochemistry)
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure(chemical kinetics)
- Chemical thermodynamics(surface chemistry)
Section: Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties(p block elements)
- General principle and processes of isolation of elements(d and f block elements)
- Hydrogen(co-ordination compounds)
- S-block element in alkali and alkaline earth metals(environmental chemistry)
Download Now – Free Inorganic Chemistry Books
Section: Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds(organic compounds containing nitrogen)
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry(polymers)
- Organic compounds containing halogens(chemistry in everyday life)
- Organic compounds containing oxygen(principles related to practical chemistry)
Check Here – Chemistry Quiz
Preparation Tips for Chemistry–
- In inorganic chemistry, candidates must study concepts, processes and applications of the topics.
- Be stress-free while studying organic chemistry. Some of the main topics in organic chemistry are stereochemistry, General organic chemistry and functional group analysis.
- Highly conceptual topics which need more attention are Chemical Bonding and Coordination Chemistry.
- Candidate must practice equations, mechanism and some related problems on the regular basis.
- Chemistry may become very confusion if not practiced regularly. So, it is necessary to practice problems and sample papers regularly.
Check Also – Chemistry Questions And Answers
Mathematics– This subject contains a huge variety of topics. These are as follows:
- Sets, relations and functions(integral calculus)
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations(differential equations)
- Matrices and determinants(co-ordinate geometry)
- Permutations and combinations(three dimensional geometry)
- Mathematical induction(vector algebra)
- Binomial theorems and its simple applications(statistics and probability)
- Sequences and series(trigonometry)
- Limit, continuity and differentiability(mathematical reasoning)
Check Here – Mathematics Quiz
Preparation Tips for Mathematics–
- As mathematics is a subject of formulae. So, a candidate must understand their concepts to learn them properly.
- Complex numbers, differential calculus, vector and 3-dimensional geometry are some important topics which should be kept at the top of your priority.
- Algebra can become your most scoring topic if prepared properly and also if you have a good speed in solving the algebraic problems.
- Trigonometric questions need applications of De Moiver’s theorem.
- Remembering the properties of integral calculus and applying them correctly can save a lot of time.
- Mathematics must be practiced on the daily basis from sample papers or last year’s question papers.
Also Check – How to Prepare Maths for Competitive Exams
Academic Programs Which Are Offered By IITs
|B.Tech.||Bachelor of Technology||4 years|
|B.S.||Bachelor of Science||4 years|
|B.Arch.||Bachelor of Architecture||5 years|
|Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech.||Dual Degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology||5 years|
|Dual Degree B.S.-M.S.||Dual Degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science||5 years|
|Integrated M.Tech.||Integrated Master of Technology||5 years|
|Integrated M.Sc.||Integrated Master of Science||5 years|
Above programmes are only those which includes JEE Advanced, there are many other programmes also which are offered by IIT with their short durations.
At last, we wish all the very best to the candidates applying for JEE Advanced. We hope that all the strategies mentioned above are clear to you all and will help you in your preparation some or the other how. You may make your own strategy according to your comfort zone and target yourself for the completion of the preparations.
More Links Related To JEE Advanced
|JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility||JEE Advanced Answer Key|
|JEE Advanced Cutoff||JEE Advanced Counselling|
|JEE Advanced Result||JEE Advanced Admit Card|