Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is all set to release TNAU Admission Form for UG/PG courses. Contenders who wish to enroll for admission in UG/PG Courses may submit application form by visiting www.tnau.ac.in. Applicants may apply for UG (Under graduate) as well as PG (Post Graduate) courses latest by 1st week of June 2018 & 3rd week of July 2018 respectively. Grasp all details about TNAU Admission 2018 like notification, last date to apply, eligibility terms etc.
Highlights of Page:
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is one of the foremost premier institution offering under graduate as well as post graduate courses. It has been honored as first among all State Agricultural Universities and 17 among all Indian Universities by NIRF of MHRD, GOI, and India. To attain more details about TNAU Admission 2018, have a look on below of page tailored by team of recruitmentresult.com
Name of the University:
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU)
Main Courses Offered:
- Sc. (Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, Sericulture)
- Tech. (Agricultural Engineering, Horticulture, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Energy and Environmental Engineering, Food Process Engineering and Agricultural Information Technology)
- S. (Agribusiness Management)
Post Graduates Courses:
- Masters program in 33 disciplines
- Regular Ph.D. program in 27 disciplines
- Integrated Ph.D. in 4 disciplines
- Part -Time Ph.D. by research in 28 disciplines
Check here: 7 Things You Must Know Before Admission
TNAU Admission Eligibility:
For UG Courses:
Aspirants who have completed their higher secondary examination and are the holder of 12th mark sheet or Equivalent qualification may apply for admission in TNAU UG programmes.
For PG Courses:
To apply for admission in PG Courses, you may possess graduation degree from any recognized university or institute.
- Age of applicant to apply for TNAU Admission should not exceed 21 years.
- There is no upper age relaxation for reserved category contenders.
Certificate concerning physical standards prescribed shall be obtained from the Medical Officer of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore at the time of admission.
TNAU UG Admission Eligibility for Different Categories:
- Students falling under general category, 55% of marks are required to take up the exam. Students of BC, BCM and other special categories are entitled to get 5% of relaxation to eligibility.
- For the MBC, minimum of 45% of marks should be retained.
- Students falling under SC/ST are relaxed form the liability of minimum pass marks to take the exam.
Payment of application fee should be made by the candidates through online from the link provided during online application process or through the Challan form.
- General category-Rs. 600/-
- SC / SCA / ST category- Rs. 300/-
Read Here: Ways to Get Education Loans
Reservations for UG Programmes:
As per orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu, reservations will be as follows.
|Category||Per cent Allotted|
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC)||20|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15.0|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) (SCA)||3.0|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1|
TNAU Admission Procedure:
For UG Admission:
Application is common for all the degree programs and students may prefer any eligible program against vacancy during counseling.
For All Masters / Doctoral Programme:
Aspirants need to undergo written test conducted at TNAU, Coimbatore at their own expenses.
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Contenders will undergo counseling process on the basis of merit list of qualifying examination. Selected aspirants need to report to TNAU Admission Cell, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, and Coimbatore along with all relevant documents.
Steps to fill TNAU Admission 2018 Form:
To apply for Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admission, you may follow listed ways.
- Contenders may visit Official Website that is tnau.ac.in
- Choose “Admission” tab available at top menu bar. From drop down list choose “Under Graduate”, “Post Graduate” as per course for which you want to apply.
- At new page, download Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admission Notification.
- Put all details in TNAU Registration form.
- After successful TNAU Online Registration, you may download tnau.ac.in application form.
- Fetch necessary details in TNAU Application Form; make the payment of the application fee either through online or offline mode.
- Submit your form & carry hard copy of TNAU Online Application Form for further need.
Read Also: Procedure To Fill Online Form
|Events||UG Courses||PG Courses|
|Initial date to fill online application||2nd week of May 2018||–|
|Last date to fill online application||1st week of June 2018||3rd week of July 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test (tentative)||–||Last week of July 2018– Masters Courses|
1st week of August 2018- Doctoral Courses
|Publication of Rank List||2nd week of Jun 2018||August 2018|
|Registration for I semester||4th week of July 2018|
|Closure of Admission||Last week of Aug 2018|
Follow its Official Link to get more details about TNAU Admission 2018. Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D for getting more updates on your timeline.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|Importance Of Education In Our Life||What Makes a Successful Student|
|How to Start a New Life In College?||UGC Approved University List|
|How to Be a Successful Teenager||How Do Toppers Study?|