TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus
TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus for Gangman Trainee and other positions has been provided below!! Appliers for the Latest TNEB TANGEDCO Gangman Trainee Recruitment are suggested to check this page and download Gangman Trainee Exam Pattern PDF to get idea of the paper format. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead soon.
TNEB TANGEDCO Gangman Trainee Exam Highlights
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Electricity Board –|
Tamil Nadu Generation and
Distribution Corporation Ltd
|Job Type||State Govt.|
|Job Name||Gangman (Trainee)|
|Job Location||Anywhere in Tamilnadu|
|Starting Date for Submission of|
|Last Date for Submission of|
|Last date for payment through|
|Date of the Exam||Updated Later|
TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus 2019
This Page Include:-
- Assistant Engineer Syllabus
- TANGEDCO Technical Assistant Syllabus
- TANGEDCO Assistant Draughtsman (ITI– Civil) Syllabus
- TANGEDCO ASSISTANT DRAUGHTSMAN (ITI – Mechanical) Syllabus
- TANGEDCO Syllabus for FIELD ASSISTANT (ITI – Electrician/Wireman)
- TANGEDCO Syllabus for Junior Assistant (Admin.) & Junior Auditor
- TANGEDCO Syllabus for Commerce (Degree Standard) – Junior Assistant (Accounts)
- TANGEDCO Syllabus for Tester Chemical
- TANGEDCO Syllabus for Steno-Typist Syllabus
- TANGEDCO Exam Pattern
- Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer.
- Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
- To use blue or black ink Ball Point Pen only.
- Answer sheet will be invalidated if shaded in Pencil.
- The answer sheet will be invalidated if the box for Booklet Series is not shaded and could not be identified even by physical verification of the answer sheet.
- The Question paper will have two parts i.e. Part I and Part II.
- The competitive written examination shall be of objective type questions.
|Part||No.of Questions||Maximum Marks||Durat|
Download Here: TNEB TANGEDCO Gangman Trainee Syllabus 2019
Check Here: TNEB TANGEDCO Official Portal
As per the latest TNEB TANGEDCO Gangman Trainee Recruitment Notification, there are 5000 vacancies are available. Candidates who are able to satisfy the requirements can submit their application forms on scheduled date which are given above. After the completion of online procedure, appliers will participate in the selection round that comprises physical test, written exam and certificate verification.
The Question paper will have two parts. Part I and Part II. The competitive written examination shall be of objective type questions. Complete TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus is available in TANGEDCO website as Annexure-I which will be available shortly, so be in touch with us as we will update this page while organization will release the syllabus.
The tentative list of eligible candidates (i.e., from the list of candidates who passed the physical test and who have appeared for the competitive written exam) will be called in the ratio of 1:1 for certificate verification as per the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and as per Communal roster.
Links Related To TNEB TANGEDCO
|TNEB TANGEDCO Recruitment||Press Here|
|TNEB TANGEDCO Admit Card||Press Here|
|TNEB Previous Year Question Paper||Press Here|
|TNEB TANGEDCO Result||Press Here|
TNEB Assistant Engineer Exam Syllabus
PART – I ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS (Common to all Candidates)
- Determinants and Matrices
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration
- Numerical Methods
- Applied Probability
PART – II BASIC ENGINEERING & SCIENCES (Common to all Candidates)
- Applied Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
TNEB Exam Syllabus for PART – III
It has been divided into eight departments which is given below:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics And Communication Engineering
- Production And Manufacturing
- Industrial Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering And Information Technology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering (Assistant Engineer):
- Strength of Materials and Design
- Material Science and Metallurgy
- Heat Transfer
- Production Technology
- Automotive Engines
TNEB AE syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering:
- Electrical Circuits and Fields
- Electrical machines
- Power Systems
- Control systems
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Digital Electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computer Control of Processes, Networks
- Communication Engineering
Electronics And Communication Engineering:
- Circuit Analysis
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Communication Theory and Systems
- Signals and Systems
Production And Manufacturing:
- Basic Mechanisms and Elements of Design
- Casting, metal forming and metal joining processes
- Tool Engineering, Machine tool operation, Metrology and Inspection
- Engineering Materials, and Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Product and Process Design, Design of Jigs and Fixtures and Press Tools
- Operations Research
- Operations Management
- Quality Control Reliability and Maintenance
- Probability, Statistics, Engineering Economy and Costing
- Work System Design and Ergonomics
- Operation Research
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Quality Engineering and Management
Computer Science & Engineering And Information Technology:
- Applied Probability And Operations Research
- Discrete Mathematical Structure
- Compiler Design
- Operating Systems And System Software
- Distributed Systems
- Programming And Data Structures
- Algorithm Analysis And Design Techniques
- Microprocessors And Microcontrollers – Computer Architecture And Organization
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computer Networks
- Database Management Systems
- Software Engineering Methodologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Computing
- Security In Computing
TNEB Recruitment 2019 Syllabus for Instrumentation Engineering:
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Industrial Instrumentation & Analytical Instrumentation
- Control Systems and Industrial Data Communication
Check Here: Written Exam Techniques
TANGEDCO Technical Assistant Syllabus
|TNEB TA Syllabus for Electrical and Electronics|
|Engineering Mechanics and Prime Movers||Generation And Transmission|
|Circuit Theory And Dc Machines||Distribution And Utilisation|
|A.C. Machines||Computer Programming|
|Measurements||Control And Maintenance|
|Electronic Devices||Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests|
|Technical Assistant Syllabus for Electronics and communication|
|Electronic Devices And Components||Electrical Circuts And Machines|
|Programming And Applications Of Computers||Electronic Circuits|
|Micro Electronics||Network, Antenna And Propagation|
|Measurement And Instruments||Communication Engineer And System|
|Microprocessor And Its Applications||Television Engineering|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests|
|Technical Assistant Syllabus for Instrumentation Engineering|
|Analog and Digital Electronics||Measurements and instruments|
|Measurement of process variables||Industrial instrumentation|
|Process control instrumentation||Control Engineering|
|Industrial Power Electronics||Industrial process control instruction|
|Instrumentation System Design||Industrial Automation and Drivers|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests|
|TNEB Syllabus 2019 for Computer Science and Information Technology|
|Computer and its working||Types of computers|
|Familiarization with DOS and Windows – concept of File,||Directory|
|Data Representation||Compiler Design|
|Operating Systems and System Software||Distributed Systems|
|Programming And Data Structures||Computer Architecture and Organisation|
|Digital Signal||Computer Networks|
|Database Management Systems||Mobile Computing|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests|
|Technical Assistant Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering|
|Industrial Management||Industrial Engineering|
|Production Technology||Electrical And Electronics Engineeering|
|Mechanics Of Materials||Heat Power Engineering|
|Computer Applications||Fluid Mechanics And Machinery|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests|
Do you Know? How To Find Online Study Material
TANGEDCO Assistant Draughtsman (ITI – Civil) Syllabus
- Surveying, levelling – Principle, objectives and uses.
- Building materials – Classification, types and uses
- Building Construction, Foundation Permanent & temporary structures, types, parts, purpose.
- Treatments for building structure, Sources and effects of dampness, Damp proofing materials,
- Anti-termite treatment, Weathering course & Fire proofing
- Carpentry joints terms, classification of joints, uses & types of fixtures & fastenings. Doors, Windows, Ventilators.
- Computer aided drafting. Operating System, Hardware & Software, introduction of CAD, Basic commands of CAD.
- Building Planning – Economy & orientation, drainage and sanitation, types of building
- Reinforced Cement Concrete Structure – Beams and columns, Steel structures- Common forms of steel sections, structural fasteners, joints.
- Estimating and costing – necessity, importance, types-approximate and detailed estimate, main and sub estimates-taking off quantities.
- Wiring Electrical – Safety precaution and elementary first aid Artificial respiration and treatment of electrical shock. Elementary electricity, Electrical fittings
TANGEDCO ASSISTANT DRAUGHTSMAN (ITI – Mechanical) Syllabus
- Forces definition, Compressive, tensile, shear forces and simple problems Stress, strain, ultimate strength, factor of safety Basic study of stress Strain curve for MS.
- Temperature measuring instruments Specific heats of solids & liquids. Thermal conductivity, heat loss and heat gain.
- Average velocity, Acceleration & Retardation Circular motion: Relation between circular motion and linear motion, Centrifugal force, Centripetal force.
- Friction, Co-efficient of friction, application and effects of friction in workshop practice Centre of gravity and its practical application. Magnetic substances, natural and artificial magnets Method of magnetization Use of magnets Electrical insulating materials & basic concept of earthing
- Transmission of power by belt, pulleys & gear drive Calculation of transmission of power by belt pulley and gear drive Heat treatment and advantages
- Concept of pressure, units of pressure, atmospheric pressure, absolute pressure, gauge pressure & gauge used for measuring pressure Introduction to pneumatics & hydraulics systems
Read Also: How to Prepare for Written Examination
TANGEDCO Syllabus for FIELD ASSISTANT (ITI – Electrician/Wireman)
- Basic Safety introduction – Personal protection – Elementary First Aid
- Fundamental of electricity Electron theory-free, Electron – Fundamental terms, definitions, units & effects of electric current Properties of conductors, insulators and semi-conductors Types of wires & cables standard wire gauge
- Ohm’s Law, Simple electrical Circuits and problems Kirchoff’s Laws and applications, Wheatstone bridge principle
- Routine care & maintenance of Batteries Electric Wirings, I.E. rules, Types of wirings. Earthing Wiring System – PVC, concealed system Fuses, Relays, Miniature circuit breakers (MCB),ELCB, etc.
- Working principle of Transformer Classification C.T., P.T. Instrument Type of Cooling for transformer, Protective Devices Electrical Measuring Instruments-Types – Ammeter, Voltmeter, Multimeter, Wattmeter, P.F.Meter & Energy Meter
- Induction Motor – Single phase, Three phase working principle. Construction, characteristics Transformer Winding Generation sources of energy, Types of fuels, Various ways of electrical power generation.
- Introduction of Single phase, three phase- 3 wire system in transmission lines Overhead Lines
- Main components of overhead lines Standard Conductor materials, line supports, insulators, types of insulators Under Ground Cable – Construction of cables
- Distribution of Power – Function and equipment used in Sub-Station. Classification of Distribution Circuit Breakers – Introduction & classification of Circuit Breakers. Lightning arrestors
TANGEDCO Syllabus for Junior Assistant (Admin.) & Junior Auditor
TNEB Exam Syllabus 2019 for Unit‐I General Science
|Physics||Universe‐General Scientific laws‐Scientific instruments‐Inventions and discoveries‐ National scientific laboratories‐Science glossary‐Mechanics and properties of matter‐Physical quantities, standards and units‐Force, motion and energy‐electricity and Magnetism ‐Heat, light and sound‐Atomic and nuclear physics.|
|Chemistry||Elements and Compounds‐Acids, bases and salts‐Oxidation and reduction‐Chemistry of ores and metals‐Carbon, nitrogen and their compounds‐Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides|
|Botany||Main Concepts of life science‐The cell‐basic unit of life‐Classification of living organism‐ ‐Nutrition and dietetics‐Respiration|
|Zoology-||Blood and blood circulation‐Endocrine system‐Reproductive system‐Genetics the science of heredity‐Environment, ecology, health and hygiene, Bio‐ diversity and its conservation‐Human diseases, prevention and remedies‐Communicable diseases and non-communicable diseases|
Check Here: Latest Current Affairs
TNEB Syllabus for Junior Assistant of Unit-II Current Events:
|History||Latest diary of events – National‐National symbols‐Profile of States ‐Eminent persons & places in news‐Sports & games‐Books & authors ‐Awards & honours‐Latest historical events‐ India and its neighbours ‐ Appointments‐who is who?|
|Political Science||Problems in conduct of public elections‐ Political parties and political system in India‐ Public awareness & General administration ‐ Role of Voluntary organizations & Govt.,‐ Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility|
|Geography||Geographical landmarks‐Policy on environment and ecology‐|
|Economics||Current socio‐economic problems, New economic policy & govt. sector|
|Science||Latest inventions on science & technology Latest discoveries in Health Science Mass media & communication|
TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus for Unit- III Geography:
Earth and Universe‐Solar system‐Atmosphere hydrosphere, lithosphere‐Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate‐Water resources ‐rivers in India‐Soil, minerals & natural resources‐ Natural vegetation‐Forest & wildlife‐Agricultural pattern, livestock & fisheries‐ Social geography – population‐density and distribution‐Natural calamities – disaster management‐
Unit-IV History and Culture of India:
South Indian history‐Culture and Heritage of Tamil people‐‐Advent of European invasion‐ Expansion and consolidation of British rule‐Effect of British rule on socio‐economic factors‐Social reforms and religious movements‐India since independence‐Characteristics of Indian culture‐ Unity in diversity –race, colour, language,
custom‐India‐as secular state‐Organizations for fine arts, dance, drama, music‐Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN‐Political parties and populist schemes‐ Prominent personalities in the various spheres – Arts, Science, literature and Philosophy – Mother Teresa, Swami Vivekananda, Pandit Ravishankar , M.S.Subbulakshmi, Rukmani Arundel and J.Krishnamoorthy etc.
Unit-V Indian Polity:
Constitution of India‐ Preamble to the constitution‐ Salient features of constitution‐ Union, State and territory ‐ Fundamental rights‐ Fundamental duties‐ Human rights charter‐ Union legislature – Parliament‐ State executive‐ State Legislature – assembly‐ Status of Jammu & Kashmir‐ Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu‐ Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law‐ Indian federalism – center – state relations‐
Emergency provisions‐ Elections ‐ Election Commission Union and State‐ Amendments to constitution‐ Schedules to constitution‐ Administrative reforms & tribunals‐ Corruption in public life‐ Anti‐corruption measures – Central Vigilance Commission, lok‐adalats, Ombudsman, Comptroller and Auditor General of India‐ Right to information ‐ Central and State Commission‐ Empowerment of women.
Unit-VI Indian Economy:
Nature of Indian economy‐ Five‐year plan models‐an assessment‐Land reforms & agriculture‐Application of science in agriculture‐Industrial growth‐Role of public sector & disinvestment
Development of infrastructure‐ National income Rural welfare oriented programmes‐ Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty‐ HRD – sustainable economic growth‐ Economic trends in Tamil Nadu ‐ Energy Different sources and development‐ Finance Commission ‐ Planning Commission‐ National Development Council.
TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus for Unit-VI Indian National Movement:
Early uprising against British rule‐1857 Revolt‐ Indian National Congress‐Emergence of national leaders‐Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore, Netaji‐Growth of militant movements ‐Communalism led to partition‐Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle ‐ Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar& Others‐Birth of political parties /political system in India since independence.
Unit- VII Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests:
Conversion of information to data‐‐Collection, compilation and presentation of data Tables, graphs, diagrams‐Analytical interpretation of data ‐Simplification‐Percentage‐Highest Common Factor (HCF)‐Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐Ratio and Proportion‐Simple interest‐Compound interest‐Area‐Volume‐Time and Work Decision making and problem solving‐Logical Reasoning‐ Puzzles‐Dice‐Visual Reasoning‐Alpha numeric Reasoning‐Number Series‐ Logical Number/Alphabetical/Diagrammatic Sequences.
Read Out Here: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
TNEB Junior Assistant Syllabus for Commerce (Degree Standard) – (Accounts)
- Unit I Commerce- Economic Basis Of Commerce – Commerce – Trade
- Unit II Forms Of Private And Public Sector Enterprises
- Unit III The Evolution Of Management Science
- Unit IV Banking, Commercial Banks
- Unit V Business Law
- Unit VI Financial Accounting
- Unit VII Management And Cost Accounting
- Unit VIII Auditing
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
TANGEDCO Syllabus for Tester Chemical
- Reaction Kinetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Solid State
- Structure and Bonding
- Acids and Bases
- Chemistry of Non – transition elements
- IUPAC Nomenclature of simple organic and Inorganic compounds
- Organic reaction mechanism
- Chemistry of important organic reaction
Must Check: Strategies To Improve Memory
TANGEDCO Syllabus for Steno-Typist Syllabus
TNEB Typist Syllabus for GENERAL ENGLISH (Grammar)
Candidates can check all the topics of TNEB Typist Exam Syllabus from here.
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, and Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, and Object.) Blanks with Correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, and Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, and Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
TNEB Exam 2019 Syllabus for GENERAL STUDIES
UNIT – I General science
UNIT II Current Events
- Political Science
- Science Latest
Check Out: How To Prepare General Knowledge
UNIT – III Geography
- Earth and Universe ‐ Solar system ‐ Monsoon
- Weather & climate ‐ Water resources ‐ rivers in India ‐ Soil
- Minerals & natural resources ‐ Forest & wildlife ‐ Agricultural pattern – Transport including surface transport & communication ‐ Social geography – population‐density and distribution ‐ Natural calamities‐Disaster Management
UNIT – IV History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
Indus valley civilization‐ Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas ‐ Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis ‐ South Indian history ‐ Culture and Heritage of Tamil people ‐ India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture ‐ Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom ‐ India‐as secular state ‐ Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN ‐ Political parties and populist schemes
UNIT – V. Indian Polity
Constitution of India ‐ Preamble to the constitution ‐ Salient features of constitution ‐ Union, state and territory ‐ Citizenship‐rights amend duties ‐ Fundamental rights ‐ Fundamental duties ‐ Human rights charter ‐ Union legislature – Parliament ‐ State executive ‐ State Legislature – assembly ‐ Local government – Panchayat Raj – Tamil Nadu ‐ Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law – Elections ‐ Official language and Schedule.
UNIT – VI Indian Economy
Nature of Indian economy ‐ Five‐year plan models‐an assessment ‐ Land reforms & agriculture ‐ Application of science in agriculture ‐ Industrial growth ‐ Rural welfare oriented programmes ‐ Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty ‐ Economic trends in Tamil Nadu, Indian National Movement
National renaissance ‐ Emergence of national leaders ‐ Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore ‐ Different modes of agitations ‐ Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, V.O.C, Periyar, Bharathiar & others
UNIT – VII Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
Conversion of information to data ‐ Collection, compilation and presentation of data ‐ Tables, graphs, diagrams ‐ Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Simplification –Percentage ‐Highest Common Factor (HCF) ‐ Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐ Ratio and Proportion ‐Simple interest ‐ Compound interest ‐ Time and Work Logical Reasoning – Puzzles ‐ Visual Reasoning ‐ Number Series.
TANGEDCO Exam Pattern
For TNEB Assistant Engineer Exam
It consists of two stages i.e. written exam and interview. Candidates who qualify in written exam will be called for interview test.
|1.||Written Test||100||2 Hours|
Check Here:-Latest Interview Questions and Answers
AE Written Exam Pattern:
The Exam is of Objective type i.e it consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 100 Marks.
- Duration of the exam is 2 Hours.
- The exam consists of 3 Parts
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd for each wrong answer.
|1.||Written Test||I||20||2 Hours|
For post of Technical Assistant/ Electrical, Technical Assistant/ Mechanical, Assistant Draughtsman and Field Assistant( Trainee)
A) Selection will be made in two successive stages
General English –
20 items/ marks
Ability Test –
B) Written Examination: The question paper for WRITTEN EXAMINATION will be of Objective Type in OMR format of Diploma/ ITI Standard, and it will be in English as well as Tamil.
C) Scheme Of Written Examination (Objective Type) And Interview:
|Technical Assistant / Electrical, Technical Assistant / Mechanical||02||The Question paper will have three parts. Part I, Part II and Part III. The questions will be set at Diploma leve|
|Assistant Draughtsman, Field Assistant (Trainee)||02||The Question paper will have three parts. Part I,Part II and Part III, The questions will be set at ITI Level.|
Exam Pattern for Tester Chemical, Junior Assistant/Administration, Junior Assistant /Accounts, Junior Auditor, Steno-Typist and Typist
A) Selection will be made in two successive stages (i.e,)
Test – 20
– 60 items/
B) WRITTEN EXAMINATION: The question paper for WRITTEN EXAMINATION will be of Objective type in OMR format of Degree/S.S.L.C standard and it will be in English as well as Tamil.
C) Scheme of written examination (objective type) and interview:
|The Question paper|
will have three parts,
Part I and Part II and
Part III. The questions
will be set at Under
Graduate level for
the post mentioned
above Sl.No. 1 to 4
and X Std/ S.S.L.C
level for the post
Sl.No. 5 and 6 of this n
TNEB TANGEDCO Previous Year Question Papers
For more details about TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus 2019 or to download TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus and exam pattern in pdf form check this Official Link
All those candidates are required to visit our web portal time to time to get more details regarding TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus 2019, Upcoming Government Recruitment, Exam Notification, Private Sector Jobs, Admit Card etc.
You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get more details regarding the same on your timeline. If you have any query regarding TNEB TANGEDCO Syllabus given on this page then you are free to leave your comment in comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On