Tamil Nadu Open University has started the Admission of UG/PG/Diploma courses for Academic Year batch. TNOU Admission Process will continue till the last date which is 30th June 2019. You may grab the complete details related to Tamil Nadu Open University Admission by checking this page. So, please have a look.
TNOU Online Admission Details
|Name of the University||Tamil Nadu Open University|
|Name of the TNOU Courses Offered||UG/PG/Diploma|
|Last Date of TNOU Admission|
for Academic Year batch
|30th June 2019|
TNOU Admission 2019-20
TNOU Offered Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
- Diploma Programmes
- Vocational Diploma Programmes
- Certificate Programmes
- Master Degree Programmes (Including MBA and MCA)
- Bachelor Degree Programmes
TNOU Admission Criteria 2019
TNOU UG Admission Criteria 2019
- The University offers UG Programmes under formal stream, the minimum qualification for which is a pass in the Higher Secondary examination or equivalent.
- Those who do not possess any formal educational qualification or haven’t successfully completed the +2 examination may seek admission in to a UG Programme at the University under the non-formal stream, provided they have completed 18 (Eighteen) years of age (21 years for those who are not from India) at the time of applications submitted for the Calendar Year/Academic Year Batch.
TNOU PG Admission Criteria 2019
The university offers admission to the students who have UG degree from the same university or recognized university.
TNOU Diploma Admission Criteria 2019
- Students who are already enrolled in a Programme of one year or longer duration can simultaneously register themselves for any one year Diploma Programme or Certificate Programme of six months duration.
- The University shall not, however, extend any concession, if there is clash of dates for counselling or examination schedules for the two Programmes.
More Links Related To TNOU
Application Form for TNOU Admission
- From the University Sales Counter on payment of Rs.100/- in cash per Application
- From the Learner Support Centre on payment of Rs.100/- per Application
- From the Regional Centres on payment of Rs.100/- per Application.
- From the Deputy Registrar, MPDD, TNOU, 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai– 600 015 by post on payment of Rs.150/- by demand draft issued by any nationalized or scheduled bank drawn in favour of the Tamil Nadu Open University payable at Chennai. The Application Form along with the Prospectus will be sent by ordinary post only
Fees For Issue Of Migration, PSTM And Duplicate Copies Of Certificates
|Term End Examination Mark|
Statement (for each mark statement)
|Consolidated Mark Statement||400|
|Degree / Diploma / Certificate||500|
|PSTM (Tamil Medium Certificate)||300|
Mode of Payment of Fees
For all the Programmes the fees shall be paid to the University only through online. Demand Drafts / Challans will not be accepted towards the payment of Admission fee, Registration fee and Examination fee.
Do You Know: How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
TNOU 2019 Admission Apply Online Process
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.tnou.ac.in
- Follow “Admission” section and press “E-Prospectus” link.
- Hit on the appropriate link of Tamil Nadu Open University Admission Notification.
- Ensure requirements and students able to satisfy the criteria have to go for apply.
- You may download TNOU Application Form or follow online link also.
- Fill TNOU Admission Form and attach required documents.
- Submit TNOU Online Form on or before the last date.
Tamil Nadu Open University Admission Apply Links
|TNOU UG/ PG Admission Prospectus||Download Here|
|TNOU Diploma Admission Prospectus||Download Here|
|TNOU E-Prospectus||Download Here|
|Payment of TNOU Admission Fee||Check Here|
|TNOU Official Portal||Check Here|
TNOU Admission Process 2019
The academic activities of the University are carried out in two admission cycles, viz. Calendar Year cycle commencing from the month of January and Academic Year cycle commencing from the month of July.
TNOU Application Fee Refund Policy
The Programme fees once paid shall not be refunded. However, if on scrutiny, the Applicant is found not eligible for admission to his/her Programme of choice, an amount of Rs. 300/- shall be withheld by the University as processing fee and the balance amount of the fee already paid to the University shall be refunded to the Applicant.
TNOU Admission Dispute Resolution
Disputes, if any, on matters relating to admission, examinations, remittance of fees and all matters incidental to the conduct of the above activities shall fall within the jurisdiction of Civil Courts/Tribunals in Chennai.
Must Check: UGC Approved University List
Classification of Successful Candidates For TNOU Admission
- To complete each Course, the learner is required to secure a minimum of 45% (34 marks out of 75) in Term-End Examination and overall 50% in both Term-End Examination and Continuous Assessment taken together.
- A candidate who secures 50% and above but below 60% in aggregate shall be placed in Second Class.
- Those securing 60% and above but below 75% in aggregate shall be placed in First Class.
- Those securing 75% and above but below 90% in aggregate shall be placed in First Class with Distinction.
- Those securing 90% and above in aggregate shall be placed in First Class with Exemplary Performance.
FAQ’s Related To TNOU Admission
Question1: How Can I Change The Medium of TNOU Courses?
Ans: Students are permitted to change the medium of study only in the first year. They should use the prescribed format given in the Prospectus for Change of Medium along with the fees mentioned below:
- 20% of the Programme fee towards the cost of Study Materials in the new medium.
- Rs 300/- towards processing fee. The fees should be paid vide State Bank of India / Indian Bank Core Banking Challan. The University copy of the remitted Challan must be enclosed with the application for Change of Medium.
Do You Know? How Do Toppers Study?
Question2: Is There Any Process For Changing of Programme/Course?
Ans: The student is permitted a one time change of Programme/Course in the first year of study only. However, no change of Programme is permitted from Certificate Programme to other Programmes and the vice versa. A student opting for a change in the Programme/Course should pay:
- The additional amount of Programme fees, if any, over and above the fees already paid for the original Programme.
- 20% of the Programme fee of the original Programme towards the cost of old Study Materials
- Rs 300/- towards processing fee.
Question3: From Where Do I Get The Study Material?
Ans: Study materials for all the years of study shall be issued directly to the students. In case of non-receipt of Study Materials, the students are requested to contact The Deputy Registrar, Material Production and Distribution Division, TNOU, No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai-600 015.
For more updates related to TNOU Admission 2019-20, you need to be in touch with our portal. You may also subscribe our free email service for direct updates on your timeline.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Education Loans for Students||Entrance Exam in India|
|College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?||Scholarship in India|