Careers in Travel and Tourism
India has various tourism spots with tremendous historical background which attracts tourists worldwide and this makes Careers in Travel and Tourism an evergreen option. In India, the travel or tourism industry covers numerous types of jobs from service to executive positions. In this sector, there are huge Future Prospects and a variety of working areas are available to work in as well, such as operating tours, booking travel arrangements, or planning events for travelers etc. With the accurate education for a tourism-related job, you can start or continue a profession in this sector easily.
Even though the responsibilities and usual tasks of these jobs can differ, they typically entail good customer service and communication skills and the capability to work well with others. Tourism Sector is growing in India day by day. The financial status of middle class families is increasing and increasing their expenditure power. Now most of them plan a holiday tour, especially during summer holidays.
So everybody wants a tour package that can make them visit a number of places with convenience and also don’t put much pressure on their pockets. All these things are increasing the demand of a Tour Operator. It would be a better career option for you if you have following qualities:
- Graduation with knowledge of Indian history, art and architecture, besides proficiency in English.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- An outgoing, friendly personality
- Ability to handle people, verbal fluency, aptitude for languages
- Must have up-to-date knowledge of available facilities and services in the field
There are various career opportunities survive both in the public and private sector. In the public sector, there are prospects in the Directorates and Departments of Tourism of the center and the state as Officers, information assistants, Tourist guides etc. Another good prospectus for qualified tourism professionals are in the private sector with travel agencies, tour operators, airlines, hotels, transport and cargo companies etc and In the Tourism Department there are no. of posts as shown below:
- Reservation & counter staff
- Sales and marketing staff
- Tour Planners and Tour guides etc.
- Counter Clerk
- Junior Executive
- Regional Manager
Education in India
There is no need of a qualification if you start your own Travel Agency, but if you want to join a company then there are few courses that can help you.
- Advanced Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Basic course in Airline Travel, Fare and Ticketing Management
- PG Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management or
An International Air transport Association (IATA), a World Organization which offers recognized standard in training to travel, tourism and cargo industry, also provides certification courses. You can also hold the Master of Tourism Administration (MTA), which is a two year full time courses approved by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, the Indian Institution of Tourism and Travel Management.
If you are selecting for relevant posts at travel and tourism industry, it offers good remuneration and perquisites, which comprises of free travel for employees and their families. Pay Scale may differ within the industry and are higher in overseas airlines and agencies and the basic Pay scales at diverse levels are approximately:
- Counter Clerk-Rs. 1,500-2,000
- Assistant-Rs 2,000-2,500
- Junior Executive-Rs. 3,000-3,500
- Regional Manager-Rs. 3,800 -4,500
- General Manager-Rs. 5,000-6,000
- Air Hostess-Rs 6,000 basic salary for domestic to Rs 40,000 in international airlines
- Regional guides: Their charges may range from Rs 400 and above for an eight hour day.
There are a variety of companies like Cox & Kings, Airlines, Taj Group of Hotels, Makemytrip.com, yatra.com and many others where you can apply for a job after completion of the course. As a tour operator you can change the dreams of people into reality. So dear, visitors, you can follow us on Facebook or Google plus to fetch updated information on your timeline regarding latest recruitment details etc.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Personality Development Tips||Memory Improvement Techniques|
|Effective Communication Strategies||How To Develop Powerful Concentration|
|Top 10 List||Get Latest Govt. Jobs|
|Successful Career Development Tips||Top 10 Job Oriented Courses After 12th|