TS SET Syllabus 2019
TS SET Syllabus 2019 is the primary source to prepare for Telangana SET Paper 1 & 2. From this page, candidates will be able to download the PDF of TS SET Syllabus and Paper Patter in English and Telugu.
Candidates can also visit the official website of Telangana State Eligibility Test that is www.telanganaset.org to download TS SET Syllabus PDF. Scroll down this page to know more about Telangana SET Syllabus.
TS SET 2019 Notification
In order to hire eligible and deserving contenders for the positions of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges/Universities, the authorities of Osmania University, Hyderabad invites Online Applications from interested candidates till April 2019.
After submitting the TS SET 2019 Online Application form successfully, candidates will have to appear in TS SET 2019 Exam on scheduled date given here. Candidates, who are going to appear in examination, can avail TS SET Syllabus 2019 and can assure their preparation according to it.
TS SET Syllabus
CHEMICAL SCIENCES SYLLABUS
Telangana SET Syllabus – Inorganic Chemistry
|2.||Structure and bonding in homo- and heteronuclear molecules, including shapes of molecules (VSEPR Theory).|
|3.||Concepts of acids and bases, Hard-Soft acid base concept, Non-aqueous solvents.|
|4.||Main group elements and their compounds: Allotropy, synthesis, structure and bonding, industrial importance of the compounds.|
|5.||Transition elements and coordination compounds: structure, bonding theories, spectral and magnetic properties, reaction mechanisms.|
|6.||Inner transition elements: spectral and magnetic properties, redox chemistry, analytical applications.|
|7.||Organometallic compounds: synthesis, bonding and structure, and reactivity. Organometallics in homogeneous catalysis.|
|8.||Cages and metal clusters.|
|9.||Analytical chemistry- separation, spectroscopic, electro- and thermoanalyticalmethods.|
|10.||Bioinorganic chemistry: photosystems, porphyrins, metalloenzymes, oxygen transport, electron- transfer reactions; nitrogen fixation, metal complexes in medicine.|
|11.||Characterisation of inorganic compounds by IR, Raman, NMR, EPR, Mössbauer, UV-vis, NQR, MS, electron spectroscopy and microscopic techniques.|
Nuclear chemistry: nuclear reactions, fission and fusion, radio-analytical techniques and activation analysis.
Telangana SET Exam Syllabus – Physical Chemistry
Basic principles of quantum mechanics: Postulates; operator algebra; exactly- solvable systems: particle-in-a-box, harmonic oscillator and the hydrogen atom, including shapes of atomic orbitals; orbital and spin angular momenta; tunneling.
|Approximate methods of quantum mechanics: Variational principle; perturbation theory up to second order in energy; applications.|
|Atomic structure and spectroscopy; term symbols; many-electron systems and antisymmetry principle.|
|Chemical bonding in diatomics; elementary concepts of MO and VB theories; Huckel theory for conjugated ð-electron systems.|
|Chemical applications of group theory; symmetry elements; point groups; character tables; selection rules.|
|Molecular spectroscopy: Rotational and vibrational spectra of diatomic molecules; electronic spectra; IR and Raman activities –selection rules; basic principles of magnetic resonance.|
|Chemical thermodynamics: Laws, state and path functions and their applications; thermodynamic description of various types of procequilibria; temperature and pressure dependence of thermodynamic quantities; Le Chatelier principle; elementary description of phase transitions; phase equilibria and phase rule; thermodynamics of ideal and non-ideal gases, and solutions.|
|Statistical thermodynamics: Boltzmann distribution; kinetic theory of gases; partition functions and their relation to thermodynamic quantities –calculations for model systems.|
|Electrochemistry: Nernst equation, redox systems, electrochemical cells; Debye- Huckel theory; electrolytic conductance –Kohlrausch’s law and its applconductometric and potentiometric titrations.|
|Chemical kinetics: Empirical rate laws and temperature dependence; complex reactions; steady state approximation; determination of reaction mechanisms; collision and transition state theories of rate constants; unimolecular reactions; enzyme kinetics; salt effects; homogeneous catalysis; photochemical reactions.|
|Colloids and surfaces: Stability and properties of colloids; isotherms and surface area; heterogeneous catalysis.|
|Solid state: Crystal structures; Bragg’s law|
|Polymer chemistry: Molar masses; kinetics of polymerization.|
Data analysis: Mean and standard deviation; absolute and relative errors; linear regression; covariance and correlation coefficient.
Start Here: Online Chemistry Quiz
Telangana SET 2019 Syllabus – Organic Chemistry
- IUPAC nomenclature of organic molecules including regio- and stereoisomers.
- Principles of stereochemistry: Configurational and conformational isomerism in acyclic and cyclic compounds; stereogenicity, stereoselectivity, enantioselectivity, diastereoselectivity and asymmetric induction.
- Aromaticity: Benzenoid and non-benzenoid compounds –generation and reactions.
- Organic reactive intermediates: Generation, stability and reactivity of carbocations, carbanions, free radicals, carbenes, benzynes and nitrenes.
- Organic reaction mechanisms involving addition, elimination and substitution reactions with electrophilic, nucleophilic or radical species. Determination of reaction pathways.
- Common named reactions and rearrangements –applications in organic synthesis.
- Organic transformations and reagents: Functional group interconversion including oxidations and reductions; common catalysts and reagents (organic, inorganic, organometallic and enzymatic). Chemo, regio and stereoselective transformations.
- Concepts in organic synthesis: Retrosynthesis, disconnection, synthons, linear and convergent synthesis, umpolung of reactivity and protecting groups.
- Asymmetric synthesis: Chiral auxiliaries, methods of asymmetric induction –substrate, reagent and catalyst controlled reactions; determination of enantiomeric and diastereomeric excess; enantio-discrimination. Resolution –optical and kinetic.
- Pericyclic reactions –electrocyclisation, cycloaddition, sigmatropic rearrangements and other related concerted reactions. Principles and applications of photochemical reactions in organic chemistry.
- Synthesis and reactivity of common heterocyclic compounds containing one or two heteroatoms (O, N, S).
- Chemistry of natural products: Carbohydrates, proteins and peptides, fatty acids, nucleic acids, terpenes, steroids and alkaloids. Biogenesis of terpenoids and alkaloids.
- Structure determination of organic compounds by IR, UV-Vis, 1H & 13C NMR and Mass spectroscopic techniques.
Read Out Here: Chemistry Questions And Answers
Telangana SET Syllabus PDF – Interdisciplinary topics
- Chemistry in Nanoscience and technology.
- Catalysis and green chemistry.
- Medicinal chemistry.
- Supramolecular chemistry.
- Environmental chemistry
TSSET Exam Pattern
The TS-SET will be conducted on July, 2019 in two separate sessions as under. Both the papers will consist of multiple choice questions and will be held on the day of examination in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions each carrying 2 marks and all are compulsory||1 Hour (10.00 am to 11.00 am)|
|Second||II||200||100 questions each carrying 2 marks all are compulsory||2 Hours (11.15 am to 1.15 pm)|
Procedure & Criteria for declaration of TS SET Result 2019:
Start Now: Online Quiz for Competitive Exams
How to get TS SET Syllabus 2019?
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.telanganaset.org to download TS SET Exam Syllabus
- After reaching the homepage move your cursor towards the menu bar and then select and hit on Syllabus link.
- Once you hit a new page will come out along with all the details about TS SET Examination 2019 and various TS SET Syllabus links.
- Select and hit on appropriate course and then download the TS SET 2019 Syllabus that will appear on next screen
- Check out the complete TS SET Syllabus 2019 and prepare for your examination according to it.
Get below>>> TS SET Syllabus 2019 PDF
|00||General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude (Paper I)||Download|
|01||TS SET Syllabus- Geography||Download|
|02||TS SET SyllabusPDF – Chemical Sciences||Download|
|03||TS SET Syllabus 2019- Commerce||Download|
|04||TS SET Exam 2019 Syllabus-Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|05||Syllabus of TS SET Exam- Economics||Download|
|06||Telangana SET Syllabus – Education||Download|
|07||TS SET English Syllabus||Download|
|08||Telangana SET Syllabus 2019 – Earth Science||Download|
|09||Telangana SET 2019 Syllabus – Life Sciences||Download|
|10||TS SET Syllabus – Journalism & Mass Communication||Download|
|11||Telangana SET Exam Syllabus – Management||Download|
|12||TS SET Exam 2019 Syllabus – Hindi||Download|
|13||TS SET Topic Wise Syllabus – History||Download|
|14||TS SET PDF Syllabus – Law||Download|
|15||TS SET Syllabus PDF 2019- Mathematical Sciences||Download|
|16||TS SET Paper 2 Syllabus – Physical Sciences||Download|
|17||TS SET Syllabus – Physical Education||Download|
|18||TS SET Syllabus – Philosophy||Download|
|19||TS SET Syllabus – Political Science||Download|
|20||TS SET Syllabus – Psychology||Download|
|21||TS SET Syllabus – Public Administration||Download|
|22||TS SET Syllabus – Sociology||Download|
|23||TS SET Syllabus – Telugu||Download|
|24||TS SET Syllabus – Urdu||Download|
|25||TS SET Syllabus PDF – Library and Information Science||Download|
|26||TS SET Syllabus – Sanskrit||Download|
|27||TS SET Syllabus 2019 – Social Work||Download|
|28||TS SET Syllabus – Environmental Studies||Download|
|29||TS SET Syllabus 2019 – Linguistics||Download|
|Online Application Form Starts||2nd week of March 2019|
|Last date for online application form||2nd week of April 2019|
|Application Fee starts||2nd week of March 2019|
|Last date for application fee with late fee of Rs.1500/- + registration fee||4th week of April 2019|
|Last date for application fee with late fee of Rs.2000/- + registration fee||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date for application fee with late fee of Rs.3000/- + registration fee||3rd week of May 2019|
|Admit Card||7 days before the exam|
Get Here: TS SET Syllabus Official Link
Candidates who are interested in availing more details about the TS SET Syllabus 2019 may also go through this Official Link. Candidates having any query regarding the details given here on this page may mention their comments in below stated comment box.