TS SET Syllabus
The best way to score well in the Telangana State Eligibility Test is to prepare according to the TS SET Syllabus. The Telangana SET (Topic Wise) Detailed Syllabus and Exam Pattern are available on the official website i.e. www.telanganaset.org Candidates may visit the official portal and avail the TS SET Syllabus 2018. Moreover, to get the Telangana SET Syllabus aspirants may also use the information available here as the detailed instructions and direct link to download the TS SET Syllabus 2018 PDF are available here on this page.
In order to hire eligible and deserving contenders for the positions of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges/Universities, the authorities of Osmania University, Hyderabad conducts the Telangana State – State Eligibility Test. the questions that are raise in the examination are always based on the TS SET Syllabus. In the upcoming year 2018 the authorities of Osmania University will conduct the examination in the month of June 2018. Candidates who are preparing for it may avail the TS SET Syllabus 2018 and can assure their preparation according to it. In order to avail the Telangana SET (Topic Wise) Detailed Syllabus, candidates may also go through this page which is well created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
TS SET Syllabus
CHEMICAL SCIENCES SYLLABUS
Telangana SET Syllabus – Inorganic Chemistry
|2.||Structure and bonding in homo- and heteronuclear molecules, including shapes of molecules (VSEPR Theory).|
|3.||Concepts of acids and bases, Hard-Soft acid base concept, Non-aqueous solvents.|
|4.||Main group elements and their compounds: Allotropy, synthesis, structure and bonding, industrial importance of the compounds.|
|5.||Transition elements and coordination compounds: structure, bonding theories, spectral and magnetic properties, reaction mechanisms.|
|6.||Inner transition elements: spectral and magnetic properties, redox chemistry, analytical applications.|
|7.||Organometallic compounds: synthesis, bonding and structure, and reactivity. Organometallics in homogeneous catalysis.|
|8.||Cages and metal clusters.|
|9.||Analytical chemistry- separation, spectroscopic, electro- and thermoanalyticalmethods.|
|10.||Bioinorganic chemistry: photosystems, porphyrins, metalloenzymes, oxygen transport, electron- transfer reactions; nitrogen fixation, metal complexes in medicine.|
|11.||Characterisation of inorganic compounds by IR, Raman, NMR, EPR, Mössbauer, UV-vis, NQR, MS, electron spectroscopy and microscopic techniques.|
Nuclear chemistry: nuclear reactions, fission and fusion, radio-analytical techniques and activation analysis.
Telangana SET Exam Syllabus – Physical Chemistry
Basic principles of quantum mechanics: Postulates; operator algebra; exactly- solvable systems: particle-in-a-box, harmonic oscillator and the hydrogen atom, including shapes of atomic orbitals; orbital and spin angular momenta; tunneling.
|Approximate methods of quantum mechanics: Variational principle; perturbation theory up to second order in energy; applications.|
|Atomic structure and spectroscopy; term symbols; many-electron systems and antisymmetry principle.|
|Chemical bonding in diatomics; elementary concepts of MO and VB theories; Huckel theory for conjugated ð-electron systems.|
|Chemical applications of group theory; symmetry elements; point groups; character tables; selection rules.|
|Molecular spectroscopy: Rotational and vibrational spectra of diatomic molecules; electronic spectra; IR and Raman activities –selection rules; basic principles of magnetic resonance.|
|Chemical thermodynamics: Laws, state and path functions and their applications; thermodynamic description of various types of procequilibria; temperature and pressure dependence of thermodynamic quantities; Le Chatelier principle; elementary description of phase transitions; phase equilibria and phase rule; thermodynamics of ideal and non-ideal gases, and solutions.|
|Statistical thermodynamics: Boltzmann distribution; kinetic theory of gases; partition functions and their relation to thermodynamic quantities –calculations for model systems.|
|Electrochemistry: Nernst equation, redox systems, electrochemical cells; Debye- Huckel theory; electrolytic conductance –Kohlrausch’s law and its applconductometric and potentiometric titrations.|
|Chemical kinetics: Empirical rate laws and temperature dependence; complex reactions; steady state approximation; determination of reaction mechanisms; collision and transition state theories of rate constants; unimolecular reactions; enzyme kinetics; salt effects; homogeneous catalysis; photochemical reactions.|
|Colloids and surfaces: Stability and properties of colloids; isotherms and surface area; heterogeneous catalysis.|
|Solid state: Crystal structures; Bragg’s law|
|Polymer chemistry: Molar masses; kinetics of polymerization.|
Data analysis: Mean and standard deviation; absolute and relative errors; linear regression; covariance and correlation coefficient.
Start Here: Online Chemistry Quiz
Telangana SET 2018 Syllabus – Organic Chemistry
- IUPAC nomenclature of organic molecules including regio- and stereoisomers.
- Principles of stereochemistry: Configurational and conformational isomerism in acyclic and cyclic compounds; stereogenicity, stereoselectivity, enantioselectivity, diastereoselectivity and asymmetric induction.
- Aromaticity: Benzenoid and non-benzenoid compounds –generation and reactions.
- Organic reactive intermediates: Generation, stability and reactivity of carbocations, carbanions, free radicals, carbenes, benzynes and nitrenes.
- Organic reaction mechanisms involving addition, elimination and substitution reactions with electrophilic, nucleophilic or radical species. Determination of reaction pathways.
- Common named reactions and rearrangements –applications in organic synthesis.
- Organic transformations and reagents: Functional group interconversion including oxidations and reductions; common catalysts and reagents (organic, inorganic, organometallic and enzymatic). Chemo, regio and stereoselective transformations.
- Concepts in organic synthesis: Retrosynthesis, disconnection, synthons, linear and convergent synthesis, umpolung of reactivity and protecting groups.
- Asymmetric synthesis: Chiral auxiliaries, methods of asymmetric induction –substrate, reagent and catalyst controlled reactions; determination of enantiomeric and diastereomeric excess; enantio-discrimination. Resolution –optical and kinetic.
- Pericyclic reactions –electrocyclisation, cycloaddition, sigmatropic rearrangements and other related concerted reactions. Principles and applications of photochemical reactions in organic chemistry.
- Synthesis and reactivity of common heterocyclic compounds containing one or two heteroatoms (O, N, S).
- Chemistry of natural products: Carbohydrates, proteins and peptides, fatty acids, nucleic acids, terpenes, steroids and alkaloids. Biogenesis of terpenoids and alkaloids.
- Structure determination of organic compounds by IR, UV-Vis, 1H & 13C NMR and Mass spectroscopic techniques.
Read Out Here: Chemistry Questions And Answers
Telangana SET Syllabus PDF – Interdisciplinary topics
- Chemistry in Nanoscience and technology.
- Catalysis and green chemistry.
- Medicinal chemistry.
- Supramolecular chemistry.
- Environmental chemistry
TSSET Exam Pattern
The TS-SET will be conducted in objective mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of multiple choice questions and will be held on the day of examination in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|60 out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||50×2=100||1¼ Hours (09.30 am to10.45 am)|
|II||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50×2=100||1¼ Hours (10.45 am to 12.00 noon)|
|Second||III||75 questions all of which are compulsory||75×2=150|
2½ Hours (01.30 pm to 04.00 pm)
Note: A candidate who does not appear for Paper-I and Paper-II will not be permitted for Paper-III. Moreover, there will be No negative Marking in the examination
Visually Challenged Candidates shall be provided 30 minutes extra time separately for Paper-I and Paper- II. For Paper-III, 45 minutes extra time shall be provided
Start Now: Online Quiz for Competitive Exams
How to get TS SET Syllabus 2018?
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.telanganaset.org
- After reaching the homepage move your cursor towards the menu bar and then select and hit on Syllabus link
- Once you hit a new page will come out along with all the details about TS SET Examination 2018 and various syllabus links
- Select and hit on appropriate course and then download the syllabus that will appear on next screen
- Check out the syllabi and prepare for your examination according to it.
Get below>>> TS SET Syllabus 2018 PDF
|00||General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude (Paper I)||Download|
|01||TS SET Syllabus- Geography||Download|
|02||TS SET SyllabusPDF – Chemical Sciences||Download|
|03||TS SET Syllabus2018- Commerce||Download|
|04||TS SET Exam 2018 Syllabus-Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|05||Syllabus of TS SET Exam- Economics||Download|
|06||Telangana SET Syllabus – Education||Download|
|07||TS SET English Syllabus||Download|
|08||Telangana SET Syllabus 2018 – Earth Science||Download|
|09||Telangana SET 2018 Syllabus – Life Sciences||Download|
|10||TS SET Syllabus – Journalism & Mass Communication||Download|
|11||Telangana SET Exam Syllabus – Management||Download|
|12||TS SET Exam 2018 Syllabus – Hindi||Download|
|13||TS SET Topic Wise Syllabus – History||Download|
|14||TS SET PDF Syllabus – Law||Download|
|15||TS SET Syllabus PDF 2018- Mathematical Sciences||Download|
|16||TS SET Paper 2 Syllabus – Physical Sciences||Download|
|17||TS SET Syllabus – Physical Education||Download|
|18||TS SET Syllabus – Philosophy||Download|
|19||TS SET Syllabus – Political Science||Download|
|20||TS SET Syllabus – Psychology||Download|
|21||TS SET Syllabus – Public Administration||Download|
|22||TS SET Syllabus – Sociology||Download|
|23||TS SET Syllabus – Telugu||Download|
|24||TS SET Syllabus – Urdu||Download|
|25||TS SET Syllabus PDF – Library and Information Science||Download|
|26||TS SET Syllabus – Sanskrit||Download|
|27||TS SET Syllabus 2018-19 – Social Work||Download|
|28||TS SET Syllabus – Environmental Studies||Download|
|29||TS SET Syllabus 2018 – Linguistics||Download|
Candidates who are interested in availing more details about the TS SET Syllabus 2018 may also go through this Official Link. Candidates having any query regarding the details given here on this page may mention their comments in below stated comment box.