Updated UCEED Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern is available here!! IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur offers admission into Bachelor of Design (B. Des) programmes through UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design). UCEED 2020 is common entrance exam comprising 6 Topics i.e. Visualization And Spatial Ability, Observation And Design Sensitivity etc. To make command in each topic, you need to check Complete Details of Subject Wise UCEED Exam Syllabus by going through this page.
UCEED Exam Overview
|Exam Name||UCEED (Undergraduate Common|
Entrance Examination for Design)
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to BDes courses|
|No. of Test Cities||24 cities in India and Dubai|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||91-2225764063|
UCEED Syllabus 2020
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions:
- For each correct response 4 marks will be awarded.
- No negative marking.
Must Read: How To Prepare For Online Exam
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ):
- 5 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- No negative or partial marking.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ):
- The candidates will be awarded 3 marks for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Total Marks||300 Marks|
|Sections||Section A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions|
|Section B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)|
|Section C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
Download Here: UCEED Syllabus
Press Here: UCEED Official Portal
UCEED Exam Syllabus 2020
Syllabus of UCEED 2020 – Visualization And Spatial Ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
- understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
- knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
UCEED Syllabus 2020 – Observation And Design Sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
UCEED Entrance Exam Syllabus 2020 – Environmental And Social Awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture, and literature.
Read Also: How to Prepare for Written Exam
UCEED 2020 Syllabus – Analytical And Logical Reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
UCEED Exam Syllabus 2020 – Language And Creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension
- knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Must Check: Health Hazards due to over Studying
UCEED Syllabus 2020 – Design Thinking And Problem Solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box
More Links Related To UCEED
|How to Prepare for UCEED||UCEED Application Form|
|UCEED Admit Card||UCEED Answer Key|
|UCEED Eligibility Criteria||UCEED Question Paper|
UCEED 2020 Information
Unexpectedly, around 9700 candidates appeared for the Undergraduate common entrance for design last year. Out of which 30 students would go to IIT Bombay, 45 to IITG and another 30 to IIT Jabalpur. Approx. 9900 candidates are likely to participate in UCEED Entrance Exam 2020. On the basis of UCEED Results, candidates will be selected for different IIT’s.
Reservation of Seats through UCEED 2020
|Categories||Percentage of Seat Reserved|
Read Now: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
UCEED Exam Date 2020
|UCEED Registration Begins||2nd week of October 2019|
|UCEED Admit Card Date||1st week of January 2020|
|UCEED Exam Date||3rd week of January 2020|
|UCEED Answer Key||Last week of January 2020|
|UCEED 2020 Result Date||3rd week of February 2020|
|UCEED Score Card||3rd week of February 2020|
|Application for B.Des program||2nd week of June 2020 |
to 1st week of July 2020
|Seat Allotment Round-I||1st week of July 2020|
|Seat Allotment Round-II||2nd week of July 2020|
|Seat Allotment Round-III||3rd week of July 2020|
Best Preparation Books for UCEED 2020
- UCEED Books for preparation
- UCEED Mock Test Series 2018-19
- Cracking CEED & UCEED
- UCEED (B.Des) Entrance book and test series
- NID-NIFT-CEED workbook
- CEED (M.Des) test series
- UCEED Entrance books And Test Series
- UCEED Entrance Books- Analytical Ability
- Comprehensive English
- UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined with Mental & Verbal Aptitude
- Nid (B.Des) test Series
Do You Know: How To Find Online Study Material
UCEED Entrance Exam 2020
UCEED 2020 is a national level entrance exam which is conducted for admission into 4 years of B.Des course in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur. UCEED Entrance exam is conducted across 24 cities in India.
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for design (B.Des) is an online computer based Test of 3 hours duration. This exam is of total 300 marks.
The paper will be in English language only. There are 3 section( A, B, C) in the UCEED Exam. There is no negative marking in section A and B but there is negative marking of 1 mark in section C.
With the help of UCEED Syllabus 2020, candidates will be able to know the topics and structure of the exam and prepare a strategic plan for their preparation provided by recruitmentresult.com.
Candidates we hope that above given information about the UCEED Syllabus 2020, has been useful for you. For more information and updates, stay connected with us on this page. For any query or suggestion about UCEED 2020 Syllabus, comment in the below given comment box.
Searches Related To UCEED Syllabus
Something That You Should Put An Eye On