UGC Emeritus Fellowship
University Grants Commission is going to invite online applications in accordance to a new planned scheme titled as UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018. This scheme has been floated to provide a chance to the superannuated teachers of universities, colleges and institutions under UGC Act to pursue active research in their respective field of specialization.
This Page Includes:
Aspirants wish to fetch this opportunity may apply for this fellowship by filling the application form before the last date that is well uttered below on this page. To acquire complete information related to UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018, you must go through the below given details provided by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship
Aspirants who will be highly qualified and experienced, superannuated or likely to be superannuated within 6 months, teachers of recognized universities / colleges / institutions may apply for this fellowship scheme.
UGC Scholarships – Check Here
|Details||The eligibility of the candidates will be based on the quality of the research work and published work contributed by the teacher in their service.|
Academic Qualification: The applicant must have a Ph.D. Degree.
The candidate’s research work must be published in reputed journals and contribution to research at national or international level with industries, national organizations, and Universities.
Employment Status: Candidate must be engaged in permanent regular service as lecturers, senior lecturers and selection grade lecturers, readers and professors in any recognized institution.
The objective of this award is to provide an opportunity to carry out the advanced studies and research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutions as indicated below:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) and 12(b) of UGC Act, 1956.
- Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 which are eligible to receive grant in aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central/ State Govt.
- Institutes of National Importance.
Scholarship Exams For Higher Studies Abroad – Check Here
Rate of Fellowship:
Rate of fellowship changes from time to time and currently, these rates are followed.
|Honorarium||Honorarium of Rs. 20,000/- p.m. from UGC. for two years (non extendable)|
|Contingency||Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- per annum towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments.|
Nature of Assistance Available Under Teachers Scheme:
Number of available slots under UGC Emeritus Fellowship scheme is as follows:
- 100 for Science streams and
- 100 for Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages
Total of 200 Slots will be available at any one given time basis.
How To Prepare For Scholarship– Best Tips
Assistance available under the scheme is as given below:
- Honorarium of Rs. 31,000/- per month from UGC for two years (non-extendable)
- Contingency grant (Non-lapsable) of Rs. 50,000/- per month towards secretarial assistance, travel within the country connected with the research project, stationery, postage, consumables, books and journals and equipments.
- Foreign visit in connection with the approved research work of the awardee will be limited to once in a year with the prior approval / no-objection of the Institution / University.
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Reward
The awardees selected for the scholarship will get the following benefits:
|Number of Awards||A total 200 awards will be given every year and their distribution is as follow|
|Humanity, Language and Social Science||100 awards|
|Honorarium Grant||The fellows will receive a honorarium grant of Rs. 31,000 per month from University Grants Commission.|
|Contingency Grant||For the purchase of journals, books, equipment and chemicals, the awardees will be provided with a contingency grant of Rs.50,000 per annum.|
|Duration||The fellows can work up to the age of 70 years or up to 2 years whichever is earlier.|
|Travel Expenses||The expenses for the domestic travel need to be adjusted from the contingency grant.|
|For Foreign Visit||For foreign visit related to the approved research work candidates need prior approval/ no-objection from the institution as well as of UGC. The visit is further subjected to financial liability on the part of UGC.|
How to Apply Scholarship – Steps To Follow
UGC Emeritus Fellowship Selection Process
- The selection for the Awards will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received for the award and as per the procedure of the commission.
- The short listed candidates will be called for Interview and the interview will be conducted by an expert committee formed by UGC.
- The applications received will be inspected, and short listed by the Commission on the basis of criteria designed by the University Grants Commission.
Procedure to fill UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018 Application Form:
- First of all interested candidates need to visit Official site that is www.ugc.ac.in
- Select appropriate link as “e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships” available at the right side of home page.
- Now hit on “Emeritus Fellowship” link visible on appeared page.
- Read all the information given on that opened page carefully.
- Then press on “Apply Now” button after reading the details regarding fellowship.
- Put a tick on the check box and then press on “Proceed for Registration” button.
- Start filling the form by entering information in correct way.
- Fill-in Personal Information including caste and physical disability certificate (if applicable). A candidate registration id is generated that can be used for generating a PDF file once submission process is completed.
- Fill-in Career & Qualification Information including higher qualification and professional information.
- Fill-in Project Information including proposed project information etc.
- Finally submit the filled form.
Check Out: Procedure To Fill Online Form
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
Find Out: More Jobs in Delhi
Last Date for submission of Application Form: June 2018
Note: You can press on this Official Link for getting more information about UGC Emeritus Fellowship 2018.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Scholarship For Higher Education||Scholarship in India|
|Scholarship Benefits||College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?|
|How to Start a New Life In College?||How Do Toppers Study?|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|