UGC National Fellowship
University Grants Commission offers UGC National Fellowship for candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC). UGC National Scholarship Scheme is open to Indian Citizens to pursue higher studies in India. You can Apply Online Till 24-12-2018.
UGC National Scholarship for OBC Overview
- Type Of Form: Online
- UGC National Fellowship Last Date: 24-12-2018
- Purpose: Provide Financial Support for pursuing PG Courses
- Selection Process: Academic Marks/ Family Income
UGC National Fellowship
UGC National Fellowship for OBC 2019:
Number Of Scheme:
300 Scholarship will be provided to OBC Candidates
UGC National Scheme Eligibility:
- The candidate should belong to OBC and should have passed Post Graduate examination.
- Annual income of the /parents or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum from all sources can apply for UGC National Scholarship.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme.
- The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms for UGC National Scholarship for OBC.
Check Here: List Of Scholarships
UGC National Scholarship Validity Duration:
- For Entire Academic Course
UGC National Scholarship Amount:
The rate of UGC National Scholarship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC Scholarship as amended from time to time. Presently these rates are as follows:
|Scholarship in Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences(For JRF/ SRF)||@Rs. 25,000/-p.m. initial two year @Rs.28,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure|
|Contingency(For Humanities & Social Sciences)||@Rs.10,000/-p.a. for initial two year (JRF)@Rs.20,500/-p.a. for remaining tenure(SRF)|
|Contingency(For Science, Engg. & Technology)||@Rs.12,000/- p.a. initial two year (JRF)@Rs.25,000/-p.a. for remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Escorts/Reader assistance(For All Subjects)||@Rs.2,000/- p.m. in case of physically handicapped & blind candidates.|
|HRA(For All Subjects)||As Per Noms|
Know Here: Scholarship Benefits
- Selection will be made on basis of merit of candidates.
Way to Apply for UGC National Fellowship:
- Visit official website that is www.ugc.ac.in.
- Go to “Scholarship” section and hit “View All” link.
- Under “Fellowship” you need to select “UGC National Fellowship for OBC Candidate” link.
- Hit “Apply Now” button for UGC National Scholarship Online Form.
- Register yourself by filling required details.
- Fill UGC Scholarship Online Form correctly.
- Now upload all Self-attested copies of testimonials and certificates.
- Then submit the UGC National Application Form.
- Take a print out of UGC National Scholarship Application Form for future use.
Go Through These Links:
|UGC National Notification||Download PDF|
|UGC National Scholarship Apply Online||Hit Here|
|UGC Official Website||Press Here|
FAQ’s Related to UGC National Scholarship 2019
Question- What are the documents needed while filling UGC National Scholarship Online Application Form?
- Copy of Caste Certificate OBC
- Copy of Parent’s Income Certificate
- Copy of Candidate’s Recent Color Photograph
- Copy of Master Degree Mark sheet
- Declaration/Certificate from Head of Department/Institution
Do You Know: How to Get Scholarship
Question- Can my scholarship be terminated or cancelled?
Answer: The UGC Scholarship is liable to cancellation, in case of:
- Unsatisfactory progress of research work
- Candidate is later found ineligible
- Candidate is already availing scholarship from any other sources
- Candidate if found employed during the research.
- Any false information furnished by the application or any fraudulent activity by the Scholars/Fellow/Research Awardees.
Question- Transfer of Research Place can be possible or not?
- Transfer of Research Place should be done by concerned University under the intimation to UGC on submission of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned Institution/Colleges/Universities.
- Transfer of Research place will be allowed only once during the entire tenure.
Read Now: How To Prepare For Scholarship
UGC National Scholarship for OBC Last Date:
There are 300 slots for award. Candidates who want to grab this opportunity can apply by filling the application form through online procedure.
Candidates are required to fill the UGC National Scholarship Online Application Form on or before the last date that is 24-12-2018. Selection of applicants will be made on the basis of merit which will be prepared by selection panel.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Scholarship Exams||Scholarships in India|
|Get A College Scholarship||How to Apply Scholarship|
|Scholarship for Engg Students||Scholarship for Higher Education|