UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern
Are you going to appear in UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test? Then you must check out this page. Union public service commission has released new UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern. Those candidates who are going to participate in this examination they must check the complete information about the paper pattern, CSAT Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit etc through this page. Candidates can also download the UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern 2018 for preliminary and mains examination through online mode in the PDF format.
These Points Presented On The Page:
Every year Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Aptitude Test for IAS, PCS, and IFS etc. It’s one of the toughest exams that probably need more than one attempt to achieve success but to get success in first attempt; candidates should have [proper knowledge of their exam pattern and syllabus which is available on this page. Candidates can check the entire UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern through this page of recruitmentresult.com and then must start their preparations accordingly.
UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern
Civil Services Exam Consists of 2 Stages:
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Main Examination (Written and Interview)
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration. Blind candidates will however; be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes at each paper.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3rd marks for every wrong answer.
|S.No.||Paper||Subject||Question Medium||No.of Ques||Marks||Time Duration|
|1.||Paper – I||General Studies.||English & Hindi||100||200||2 Hours|
|2.||Paper – II||General Ability or Aptitude||English & Hindi||80||200||2 Hours|
Press To See: CSAT Syllabus
The Written Examination will consist of the following papers:
Paper- A: One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution): 300 Marks
Paper‐ B: English: 300 Marks
Papers To Be Counted For Merit:
|Paper -II||General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper-III||General Studies-II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies-III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional subject Paper-I||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional subject Paper-II||250|
|Sub total||Written Test||1750|
List of Optional Subjects for Main Examination:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
UPS CSAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to participate in civil services exam they should be:
- For IAS and IPS Exam, only Indian nationals are eligible.
- For other services exam a candidate can be either of the following:
- a citizen of India,
- a subject of Nepal,
- a subject of Bhutan,
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
Check Out: UPSC Calendar
- Applicants must have completed a degree in relevant discipline form a recognized University / Institute.
- Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are waiting for their results are also eligible to apply for Preliminary Examination. After qualifying the pre exam those candidates who are entitled for Civil Services Main Examination they must have to produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
Applicants should have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years.
Look Out: UPSC Previous Year Question
Upper Age Relaxation:
Relaxation for the reserved category job hunters will be given as per following criteria:
|Category||Relaxation In Age|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Candidate who had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989||5 years|
|Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released||3 years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination||5 years|
|ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years.||5 years|
|Blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates||10 years|
Civil Services Aptitude Test was initiated in 2011 to hire the capable contenders for Civil Services. This exam is not so easy and also contains negative marking for wrong questions. So one has to be careful enough while answering the questions. Only qualified applicants of prelims exam can appear in the Mains exam.
To crack the exam, candidates have to prepare well with dedication and hard work. For you help, our team has equipped all the UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern 2018 details above. Check out all the details carefully to secure high rank in the examination. Candidates are advised to keep visiting this page regularly to get all updates on time.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Notifications||UPSC Entrance Exam|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Challan Form|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||Written Exam Techniques|