UPSC CSAT Syllabus
Candidates who are going to appear for UPSC CSAT exam and looking for UPSC CSAT Syllabus than you are at correct place. From here candidates can check and download Exam Pattern & Study Material. UPSC conducts Civil Services Preliminary exam for selection of eligible contenders for Civil Services (Mains) exams (Written and Interview).
Civil Services exam is conducted by UPSC in three stages. The primary stage will comprise of CSAT while the next and third stage will remain unchanged. Applicants who are going to participate in the exam they must know UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2017, Exam Pattern & Study Material for your better preparation.
Team of recruitmentresult.com is providing the details of UPSC CSAT syllabus 2017 in below section. With the help of UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern & Study Material applicants can prepare well.
CSAT Exam Pattern:
|Paper I||200 marks||2 hours|
|Paper II||200 marks||2 hours|
CSAT Main Exam and Interview
|Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Papers IV & V||General Studies (300 Marks for each paper)||600 Marks|
|Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX||Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)||1200 Marks|
Get Details – How to Prepare for Written Examination
UPSC CSAT Syllabus
Paper I- Paper-I covers below provided points:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical Reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class X level)
CSAT Main Exam consists of the following optional subjects
|Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science||Mathematics|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Political Science & International Relations|
|Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|
Check Here – Written Exam Techniques
Optional Language Subjects
Candidates’ are required to select one subject from the following:
Get Details- How to Solve Objective Type Question Papers
There are negative marking of 33% or 0.83 marks in the exam in every wrong answer Decision making section doesn’t have any negative marking.
Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Preliminary examination for the selection of candidates for Civil Services (Mains) examination (Written and Interview). Interested candidates can easily download Exam Pattern & Study Material from this page.
Applicants who will attempt the exam they must know which type of paper will come in the examination. Therefore we are providing the UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2017 Exam Pattern & Study Material.
For more details you may log on to Facebook and Google +
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|CSAT Sample Paper||CSAT Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|How to Check UPSC Online Application Status||UPSC Books|