UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
Willing to apply for UPSC Geologist Exam? Then, check UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria through this page before filling the application form. Here you can gather complete details regarding required eligibility norms in terms of essential Age, Attempts, Subjects, Education and more. So to fetch detailed information related to UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2018, candidates may read the entire post.
UPSC conducts Geologist and Geo-scientist Examination to select candidates for filling up the vacant post in these departments. However the vacancies are quite reputed and so they search for the eligible candidates who can fit best for the available job. So it is very important for the applying aspirant to go though UPSC Geologist Exam Eligibility Criteria before applying.
This page Includes:
Candidates who wish to get recruited under the government department of UPSC must be willing to get the complete details to ensure whether they are applicable to appear for the examination or not. In this concern we have furnished all the required information on the below section of this page, aspirants may scroll down the page and read carefully the each and every requirement. Our expertise team members of recruitmentresult,com has well modified the UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2018.
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
UPSC Geologist Vacancies:
Below we have enlisted the vacancies for which candidates applied to appear in the exams, thus the candidates who want to garb the following jobs are required to fulfill the given eligibility.
|Geologist, Group A|
|Chemist, Group A|
|Geophysicist, Group A|
|Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A|
Applicants must be either;
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who has migrated to Indian with the intention to permanently settling in India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
More Details On: UPSC Geologist Exam
- For the post of Grade ‘A’ Geologists in Geological Survey of India:
Candidate must possess with the Masters Degree in Geological Science/Geology/Geo-Exploration/ Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology/Marine Geology/Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration/Geochemistry or Geological Technology from a recognized university/institiute.
- For the post of Grade ‘A’ Geophysicists in Geological Survey of India:
Aspirant should have done M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics)/Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics)/Master of Science (Applied Geophysics)/M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics)/M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized university/institute.
- For the post of Grade ‘A’ Chemists in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates should attain master degree of Science (M.SC.) in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry from a from recognized University/Institute.
- For the post of Group ‘A’ Junior Hydro-Geologists (Scientist-B) in Central Ground Water Board:
Contender should hold Masters Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/ marine Geology from a recognized University/Institute.
More Relevant Jobs For Post Graduates: Check Here
|Post Name||Age Limitation|
|Geologist, Group A||21-32|
|Geophysicist, Group A||21-32|
|Chemist. Group A||21-32|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21- 35|
- Aspirants belonging to SC/ST category or those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989 or In case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs are liable for age relaxation of 5 years.
- Aspirants, who are Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof) and the candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC), will get 3 Years of age relaxation.
- 10 years of age relaxation will be given to the aspirants, in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
You May Also Check: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidate must ensure whether he/she is physically fit according to the physical standards required to get admission into Exam on the basis of Regulations given in Appendix-II of the rules for the Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, 2018 in Gazette of India.
No. of Attempts allowed:
- Candidates who belong to General category are allowed to attempt this exam for four times.
- Those candidates who belongs to SC/ ST category or any other reserved categories they are allowed to make seven attempts for this exams as per the rules of government.
Check Now: Geologist Salary In India
To grab more details about UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2018, aspirants are referred to switch to the official website of Union Public Service Commission. For queries or doubts related to this post you are free to ask us in the below given comment box, we will get back to you at the earliest.
Candidates are suggested to visit or web portal recruitmentresult.com regularly or you can follow us on Facebook, Google or Twitter to get the updates information in this concern.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Geologist Exam Books||UPSC Geologist Exam Syllabus|
|UPSC Geologist Question Papers||UPSC Geologist Admit Card|
|UPSC Geologist Result||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|