UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission will release UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination Notification on 20-03-2019. Candidates applying for Geologist Examination should ensure that they fulfill all UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria for admission to Examination.
Applicant’s admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed UPSC Geologist Eligibility conditions. The 3 primary conditions listed under Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Geologist are Nationality, Qualifications & Age Limit.
UPSC Geologist Exam Date 2019!!!
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination 2019 will be conducted on 28-06-2019. So, willing candidates can apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination 2018 till the last date that is 16-04-2019.
Candidates can get whole details about UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Examination Eligibility Criteria 2019 through below section of this page which is well provided by team of recruitmentresult.com. Have a look below for UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria!!!
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
UPSC Geologist Vacancies:
Below we have enlisted the vacancies for which candidates applied to appear in the exams, thus the candidates who want to garb the following jobs are required to fulfill the given eligibility.
|Geologist, Group A|
|Chemist, Group A|
|Geophysicist, Group A|
|Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A|
UPSC Geologist 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
UPSC Geologist Nationality:
Applicants must be either;
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who has migrated to Indian with the intention to permanently settling in India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India
More Details On: UPSC Geologist Exam
UPSC Geologist Qualification:
Check UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination Eligibility Criteria from below table: Have a look for UPSC Geoscientist Eligibility Criteria!!!
|Posts Name||UPSC Geologist Exam Eligibility Criteria|
|For the post of Grade ‘A’ Geologists in Geological Survey of India|
Candidate must possess with the Masters Degree in Geological Science/Geology/Geo-Exploration/ Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology/Marine Geology/Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration/Geochemistry or Geological Technology from a recognized university/Institute.
|For the post of Grade ‘A’ Geophysicists in Geological Survey of India||Aspirant should have done M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics)/Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics)/Master of Science (Applied Geophysics)/M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics)/M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized university/institute.|
|For the post of Grade ‘A’ Chemists in Geological Survey of India||UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria:|
Candidates should attain master degree of Science (M.SC.) in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry from a from recognized University/Institute.
|For the post of Group ‘A’ Junior Hydro-Geologists (Scientist-B) in Central Ground Water Board|
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria: Contender should hold Masters Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/ marine Geology from a recognized University/Institute.
More Relevant Jobs For Post Graduates: Check Here
UPSC Geologist Age Limit:
|Post Name||Age Limitation|
|Geologist, Group A||21-32|
|Geophysicist, Group A||21-32|
|Chemist. Group A||21-32|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21- 35|
- Aspirants belonging to SC/ST category or those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989 or In case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs are liable for age relaxation of 5 years.
- Aspirants, who are Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof) and the candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC), will get 3 Years of age relaxation.
- 10 years of age relaxation will be given to the aspirants, in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
You May Also Check: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidate must ensure whether he/she is physically fit according to the physical standards required to get admission into Exam on the basis of Regulations given in Appendix-II of the rules for the Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination, 2018 in Gazette of India.
UPSC Geologist No of Attempt:
- Candidates who belong to General category are allowed to attempt this exam for four times.
- Those candidates who belongs to SC/ ST category or any other reserved categories they are allowed to make seven attempts for this exams as per the rules of government.
Check Now: Geologist Salary In India
Points to be kept in mind Regarding UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on date of submission of applications against UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria.
Candidates should also note once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
To grab more details about UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2019, aspirants are referred to switch to the official website of Union Public Service Commission. For queries or doubts related to UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria you are free to ask us in the below given comment box, we will get back to you at the earliest.
Candidates are suggested to visit our web portal recruitmentresult.com regularly or you can follow us on Facebook, Google or Twitter to get the updates information regarding UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Geologist Exam Books||UPSC Geologist Exam Syllabus|
|UPSC Geologist Question Papers||UPSC Geologist Admit Card|
|UPSC Geologist Result||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|