UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
Revised UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1 and 2 is available here!!! The Civil Services Preliminary Exam is scheduled to be held on 03-06-2018. According to the UPSC Civil Services Prelims Syllabus there will be 02 papers in examination i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Candidates who have registered for IAS Examination may download their UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus 2019in PDF format with the assistance of this page. After conducting the IAS Preliminary Examination, UPSC authorities will conduct Mains Examination on 01-10-2018.
Syllabus For IAS Prelims 2019!!!
Candidates who will qualify the preliminary exam will only be eligible to appear in mains. To qualify the prelims, having knowledge of all the topics is important. Keeping same in mind we have structured the updates UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus.
Here we have also given the direct links to download the UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus 2019 in PDF format. Candidates willing to get UPSC IAS Pre Syllabus are suggested to go through this article now…
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
|Organization name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam name||UPSC Civil Service Examination|
|Starting date to apply||07-02-2018|
|Last date to apply||06-03-2018|
|UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam||03-06-2018|
|UPSC IAS Mains Exam||01-10-2018|
UPSC Prelims Syllabus
According to the details given in Syllabus Of IAS Prelims 2018, The questions will be of multiple choices, Objective Type. The marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for the main exam.
UPSC IAS (CSE) Syllabus
Here we have stated separate IAS Prelims Exam Syllabus for paper 1 and Syllabus For IAS Prelims 2018 Pdf for Paper 2. Candidates are advised to go through the IAS Prelims Syllabus for both papers carefully and completely.
Get Best Answer: How to Prepare For IAS in 2 Months?
The syllabus for the UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Syllabus for Paper-I:
IAS Prelims Paper 1 Syllabus contains the following topics:
- Current events of National and International
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science
IAS 2019 Prelims Syllabus for Paper-II:
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Syllabus Preliminary Exams for Paper-II includes:
- Interpersonal skills including Communication Skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Get Here>>UPSC IAS Preliminary Syllabus
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern:
Only those candidates who have qualified the Prelims can write the Mains exam. The marks scored in the Prelim exam is not counted in the final tally of the Mains exam or the Interview.
Number of candidates who qualify the Prelims Exam is about twelve to thirteen times of the total of the approximate number of vacancies that has to be filled in that year in the various Services and Posts.
It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Prelim exam to be qualified for the evaluation purposes. Candidates will be disqualified in case he or she appears in only one paper of the Prelims exam. Here we are providing UPSC IAS Exam Pattern for Paper-1 & Paper-II.
|Paper – I||General Studies – This paper will be counted for qualifying to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|Paper- II||Aptitude test – This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper. However, marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
Candidates wish to download the IAS Prelims Syllabus In Hindi may also take benefit from this page. Here we have given the details IAS Exam Prelims Syllabus in Hindi language. To download IAS Prelims 2018 Syllabus PDF candidates need to hit on the below stated link.
Download Also>>UPSC IAS Preliminary Syllabus in Hindi PDF
Since the examination serves as just a screening test; the mark results obtained in the preliminary Examination by the candidates will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II).
IAS Preliminary Syllabus Important Notes:
- Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
Get Here Latest: UPSC Syllabus
There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of marks allotted for every question will be reduced from the correct tally of score. So candidates need to be extra careful while making wild guesses in the prelim exams.
Candidates can go through this Official Link to grab rest details of UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2018–19. You can bookmark this web page by hitting CTRL+D or like this page on face book and Google Plus.
Subscribe to our free mail services to get instant mails in your mail box. For having any query or doubts related to IAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus, then you may type your comment in below comment box. Our experts will soon solve your queries.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Challan Form||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Books For Prelims/Mains Exam|