UPSC Prelims Syllabus
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct IAS Prelims Exam on 02-06-2019. Latest UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2019 has been released online at its official website. Applicants can download latest and updated UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus Topic Wise through this page along with UPSC Prelims Syllabus PDF.
Highlights of UPSC IAS 2019:
|Name of Commission||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of Exam||Indian Administrative Exam|
|Opening Date for IAS Registration||19-02-2019|
|IAS Prelims Application Form Last Date||18-03-2019|
|IAS Prelims Admit Card||First Week of May 2019|
|IAS Prelims Exam Date||02-06-2019|
|Announcement of Result of IAS Prelims Exam||August 2019|
|IAS Mains Exam Date||20-09-2019|
|Announcement of result of IAS Mains exam||December, 2019|
UPSC Prelims Syllabus
UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2019:
- The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II).
- The questions will be of multiple choices, objective type. T
- The marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for the main exam.
- GS Paper -II (popularly known as CSAT) has been made qualifying in nature.
- This means that the candidate has to just score 33% marks in it.
- Only marks for GS Paper 1 will be counted for selection towards Mains.
- There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam.
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of marks allotted for every question will be reduced from the correct tally of score.
- So candidates need to be extra careful while making wild guesses in the prelim exams.
|Paper – I||General Studies – This paper marks will be counted for getting to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200 Marks|
|Paper- II||Aptitude test (CSAT) – This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper.||200 Marks|
Check IAS Related Links:
|IAS Eligibility Criteria||Get Details|
|Tips To Crack IAS Exam 2019||Get Details|
|IAS Preparation Tips||Get Details|
|IAS Exam Syllabus||Get Details|
|IAS Exam Books||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Exam Pattern||Get Details|
|IAS Officer Salary Per Month In India||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Admit Card||Get Details|
|IAS latest Interview Questions||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Result||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Answer Key||Get Details|
|How to Prepare For IAS||Get Details|
|How To Become An IAS Officer||Get Details|
|IAS Application Form||Get Details|
|Official Website||Press Here|
UPSC Preliminary Syllabus 2019:
UPSC Pre Syllabus for GS Paper (Paper I):
Topics covered in UPSC GS Syllabus are as follows:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science
UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus for CSAT Paper (Paper II):
Topics covered in UPSC CSAT Syllabus are as follows:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
UPSC Prelims Syllabus Download Here:
UPSC Prelims is the screening stage of the Civil Services Exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. This stage is officially known as the Civil Services (Preliminary) exam but in common parlance, aspirants refer to it as UPSC Prelims or IAS Prelims.
The UPSC Prelims 2019 Syllabus can be divided into two parts: General Studies Paper I and CSAT or General Studies Paper II. Candidates can download UPSC Civil Service Syllabus from this page and start preparation accordingly. Get UPSC Prelims Syllabus PDF through this page.
It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he or she does not appear in both the papers of the (Prelims) exam. Subscribe to our free mail services to get instant mails in your mail box for UPSC Prelims Syllabus.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|UPSC Challan Form||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Entrance Exam||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Online Application Status||Strategy for UPSC Pre Examination|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Books For Prelims/Mains Exam|