Verbal Ability For CAT 2019
Verbal Ability For CAT along with reading comprehension is a separate section in CAT Entrance Exam. CAT Exam will be conducted on 25th November 2018.Every year 10 questions come from Verbal Ability Section.
Let’s understand what type of questions you can expect on Verbal Ability in CAT 2019.In Verbal Ability section, there are broadly five types of questions: Critical Reasoning, Paragraph Forming, Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension.
Study Guide for CAT 2019!!!
For preparation of Verbal Ability for CAT, you can take the help of Free Verbal Ability PDF and Books which are given below provided by the team members of recruitmentresult.com. Have a look below!!!
Before going deep on how to prepare Verbal Ability for CAT; what should be Verbal Ability Preparation material and preparation strategy; the first thing we need to know is the composition and type of CAT Verbal Ability questions in revised exam pattern.
Verbal Ability For CAT
Verbal Ability: Section Composition
|CAT VARC Component||Comprehension and Verbal Ability Pattern|
|Section Name||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)|
|Total VARC Questions||34|
|Total Verbal Ability Questions||10|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Time to attempt the section||60 Minutes|
|Marks for Each Correct Answer||+3|
|Negative Marks for Each Wrong Answer||-1|
|Difficulty Level of Verbal Ability Questions||Moderate to High|
|Number of CAT Verbal Ability questions with No-Negative Marking||8-10|
Read Here: How to Prepare for English
Distribution of Verbal Ability Questions in CAT:
Answer for Verbal Ability Non-MCQ is to be typed in the given space on computer screen. Answer choice for Non-MCQ may or may not be given. No Penalty of Negative marking will be imposed for wrong answer
|Verbal Ability Question Topics in CAT||Number of questions||Type of Questions|
|Para Summary||3||Non MCQ without Negative Marking|
|Jumbled Paragraph||4||No Negative Marking, Non-MCQ|
|Picking the Odd sentence out of Jumbled Paragraph||3||No Negative Marking, Non-MCQ|
Get Here: CAT Study Material
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability For CAT 2019?
Reading Comprehensions As Much You Can:
- CAT verbal section is about testing the ability to read. There are 16 questions alone on this section to understand completely one-third of the reading.
- Apart from 16 other questions of logical reasoning (and more on this later), other questions also focus on the ability to read test patterns. But what is this Reading Comprehensions?
- Simply put, this measurement is how many good candidates can be related to ideas presented in paragraphs. That’s all.
- It does not test how fast you have finished reading passage. It does not check how deep your vocabulary is, it just wants to check whether you understand all the ideas in paragraphs or paragraphs.
|Type of Questions||MCQs||Non-MCQs|
|Total RC Based Questions||22-24||0-2|
|Marks for each correct answer||3||3|
|Negative Marks for wrong answer||1||0|
Get Best Answer: How to Crack CAT
Focus On Vocabulary Questions:
- The questions about analogies, synonyms and antonyms, sentence improvement etc. are part of this. In this section you can give answer properly, only if you learned the English language and have figured out the meaning of most words.
- There is no small point in having a skilled command and acclaimed knowledge of words on English language.
- But this is not a determining factor for cats. Therefore, a good vocabulary is important for fixing these topics.
- Having a habit of reading newspapers and magazines will help in developing a good vocabulary.
START Practice With: Vocabulary Quiz
Significant Reasoning And Para Completion:
The answers to these questions can be found only if you understand the logic behind it, so before giving an answer to any question, calm down the mind and give the correct answer. The types of questions to be prepared under this section are:
- Questions on conclusion/inference
- Questions on identifying an assumption
- Questions on weakening the conclusion
- Questions on identifying a paradox/contradiction/inconsistency
- Questions on identifying a parallel situation
Read Out Here: CAT Previous Year Question Paper
Get the Best Verbal Ability Books for CAT Preparation:
- CAT Verbal Ability preparation depends upon your choice of CAT Verbal Ability Books as it will be your companion till you crack CAT with high score. Now the question is- which is the best book for verbal ability for CAT.
- Out of 25-30 CAT preparation books on Verbal Ability, the CAT Verbal Ability Best Book, in opinion of CAT toppers and experts is Arun Sharma Verbal Ability latest edition. Some of the good books for Verbal Ability for CAT are:
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension CAT,MAT,XAT,IIFT and SNAP etc.||Ajay Singh|
|PSC for VA for CAT||NishitSinha|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Arun Sharma|
Download Free: CAT Exam Preparation Books
Deductive Logic and Para Jumbles:
- These are non-logic based questions; so preparing with a small puzzle, the quiz can help you successfully prepare for these questions. While preparing you will need to make sure that you understand the question.
- Candidates try to solve the quizzes available in newspapers. This is very help to analyze and eliminate incorrect options and answer the questions correctly.
It is important to start your Verbal Ability preparation for CAT early, so that all weak areas are supported. Apart from this, reliability in preparation is also very much needed. Applicants who want to crack CAT Exam they must know How to Prepare for Verbal Ability for CAT which are very useful to crack the exam. Candidates if you want to details about the Verbal Ability For CAT 2019, so you may visit our web page regularly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On