Vice President of India
Former Union Minister, Venkaiah Naidu elected as the 13th Vice-President of India by defeating opposition candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi. With 516 votes, Venkaiah Naidu pay honored to Prime Minister and all party leaders for their support in winning elections. He took oath as Vice-President of India on 11 August 2017 at Darbar Hall, Rashtrapati Bhawan New Delhi. As per information arrived, he served as Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Urban Development and Information and Broadcasting in the Modi Cabine. His political life shows his contribution towards Union Cabinet Minister for Rural Development in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. Moving to his earlier life, he played vital role of Social worker in his youth after graduation in law from the Andhra Pradesh University, Vishakhapatnam. He has been interested in politics since childhood. Besides this, it remained famous “Jai Andhra Movement” of 1972 that prompted the current Vice-President elect to join politics. Get equipped with Vice President of India earlier life, Salary amount, interesting facts about Venkaiah Naidu Career from below of page.
Over-view of page:
If we talk about his roaring popularity, many reasons are behind it. One of the renowned events includes leader of National President of BJP in 2002. He was elected as second politician from Andhra Pradesh and third from South India to have sworn in as the party president of BJP due to his oratory skills. Besides this, he has been elected as a member of Rajya Sabha four times, thrice from Andhra Pradesh and once from Rajasthan. Attain additional details regarding Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu Powers, Salary, Political Life by going through this page well prepared by members of recruitmentresult.com
Vice President of India
About Venkaiah Naidu:
One of the premiers Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu was born on 01-07-1949 in Chavatapalem, Nellore in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. He is one of the leading Indian Politician from earlier times.
Venkaiah Naidu Career:
Full name of Venkaiah Naidu is Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu. He is one the famous personality well known in Indian politics. Currently, he is also serving in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Urban Development, Parliamentary Affairs and Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation in Narendra Modi’s cabinet.
After completing school level education from V R High School in Nellore, he possessed graduate degree from V R College in political and diplomatic studies. In addition to this, he has also enrolled at the Law College in Visakhapatnam and attains a degree in law. It was in his college days when he joined RSS and ABVP. Due to popularity in university, he was elected as president of student’s union.
Check Here: List Of Vice Presidents Of India
Brief Details About Vice President of India
|Real Name||Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu|
|Date of Birth||1 July 1949|
|Birth Place||Chavatapalem, Nellore District, Madras Province, India|
|Present Location||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|National Democratic Alliance|
|Spouse’s Name||Mrs. Usha|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg|
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Chavatapalem, Nellore, Madras Province|
|School||V. R. High School, Nellore|
|College/University||V. R. College, Nellore|
Law College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree in Politics and Diplomatic Studies|
L.L.B. with specialization in International Law
|Debut||He joined ABVP, the student wing of Bhartiya Janata Party, while in college and was elected as the president of students union of colleges affiliated to Andhra University.|
|Address||30, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Road, New Delhi|
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
You Can Also Check: List of Indian Presidents
Political Life of Venkaiah Naidu:
- Gleaming Orator having keen interest in politics joined ABVP as a student leader in 1973.
- He played prominent role in the Jai Andhra Movement of 1972. Venkaiah Naidu was a swayam sevak in the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and joined ABVP during his college days.
- Despite of these facts, he also protested against the Emergency, fought for the fundamental rights.
- This renowned personality in Indian history also served National President of BJP from 2002 to 2004.
- He remained Union Cabinet Minister for Rural Development (2002) in Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
- It was in 2004; Shri Naidu had also setup 14 lakh Women’s self help groups. This shows his inner passion to serve the nation.
- During his tenure, he has commenced several schemes and reforms for the development of the rural class of economy.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna scheme shows his contribution against support for rural society.
- Shri Venkaiah Naidu initiated “Swarna Bharath Trust”, a social service organization to serve the poor class of nation.
- He was nominated by the BJP for Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan. Besides this, he also fought against the forces of oppression and corruption.
- From 2014-2017, Venkaiah Naidu remained Minister of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs.
Know More About: Prime Minister of India
Salary and Pension for Vice President of India:
If we talk about remuneration of the Vice President of India, then there is no prerequisite regarding it. There is no provision made for salary of the Vice-President of India. He or she receives remuneration in the capacity as the ex officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha (Council of States), around Rs. 1, 25,000 per month. Besides this, he/she is allowed to daily payment, free furnished house, medical, travel and additional amenities and various other facilities. Constitution states, when the ex-officio Vice-President performs as President or releases the tasks of the President, he/she is permitted to the wages and constitutional rights of the President.
Also Check: List of Chief Ministers in India
Powers and Functions of Vice President of India:
Vice-President of India, subsequent to the President, is the maximum VIP of India. He enjoys several powers connected with office of the Vice President.
- Vice-President shall release the functions of the President during the temporary dearth of the President due to sickness or any other cause caused by which the President is not capable to carry out his duties.
- Vice-President shall conquest the duties of the President until a new President is designated and recommences office.
- In case, Vice-President acts as, or releases the tasks of the President, he or she straight away finishes executing the usual functions of being the Chairman of the commission of States.
- Vice-President is the ex-officio Chairman of the commission of States.
- In addition to this, he shall execute as President, in case of any position in the office of the President by reason of his loss, acquiescence, elimination throughout accusation or otherwise.
Hope, you garb all interested facts concerning Vice President of India – Venkaiah Naidu from above section of page. To know more about Venkaiah Naidu life, stay tuned with us.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Indian Union Budget||Announcements of Rail Budget|
|Vikas ka Budget||Ways to Pay less Tax|
|Indian Rail Budget||Budget Price Alert|
|International Current Affairs||Latest Current Affairs Updates|
|National Current Affairs||Current Affairs Date Wise|