State Public Service Commission of West Bengal has made biggest changes in WBCS Syllabus. Check now new syllabus of West Bengal Civil Service Exam Syllabus and Pattern for Prelims / Mains Exam and start your preparation according to it.
Besides this, the candidates you will be able to obtain the newest West Bengal Civil Service Exam Pattern, which will assist you to get the weightage of the questions. Candidates may visit the official website and download WBCS Syllabus 2018 in a PDF format.
It is mandatory for all the aspirants to gain knowledge regarding the exact WBCS Civil Service Syllabus to score minimum qualifying marks in the exams and to beat the competition.
You may have a look on the below given are some of the best ways of preparation of the exams. Detailed knowledge regarding WBCS Syllabus 2018–19 / WBCS Exam Pattern can be grabbed form the below structured page crested by the team of www.recruitmentresult.com
WBCS Prelims Syllabus 2018
Civil Services Prelims Syllabus
West Bengal Syllabus for English Composition
- Idioms and Phrases
- The same words are bearing more than one meaning.
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc
Read Now: How to Prepare for English
WBPSC Prelims General Science Syllabus
- General appreciation and understanding of science.
- Including matters of everyday observation and experience.
www.pscwb.org.in Civil Services Exam Syllabus For History
- Emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social.
- Economic and political aspects.
Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography of the country.
- Including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
Read Also: How Can You Write Fast In Exams?
West Bengal Civil Services prelims Indian Polity and Economy Syllabus
- Panchayati Raj
- Knowledge of the country‘s Political System.
- Community Development and Planning in India.
Indian National Movement
- Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence.
- The Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
West Bengal Civil Services Prelims Syllabus for General Mental Ability
- Logical perception
- Natural conclusion
Get Tips: How to Avoid Sleeping While Studying
WBCS Mains Syllabus 2018
West Bengal Civil Service Mains Syllabus
WBPSC Mains Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali Syllabus
- Precis Writing
- Drafting of Report
- Letter Writing
- Translation from English to Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali etc
West Bengal Civil Services Main Exam Syllabus 2018 for English
- Letter writing
- Drafting of Report
- Precis Writing
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English etc
WBCS Syllabus 2018 for General Studies
- Ozone Layer & related issues
- Geography of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- General Science.
- Indian History.
- Geography of West Bengal.
- Scientific & Technological Advancement.
- Global Warming.
- General Knowledge
- Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
- Industrial & Environmental Pollution.
- Current Affairs – National & International etc.
WBCS Exam Syllabus 2018 for Indian Constitution
- Central Finance Commission
- Constitution of India
- Role & Functions of RBI
- Planning process & Objectives of five years plan
- Central State Relation
- Indian Economy
- State Finance Commission
- Functions of RBI and Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy of Government of India
PSC West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2018 Syllabus for Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
- Diagrams Series
- Logical Deduction
- The implication of sentences
- Letter Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series
- Analogy tests
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical puzzles
- Symbol Interpretation
- Perception test
- The Odd man out
- The forcefulness of the Arguments
- Non-verbal reasoning etc
Want to Know? How to Prepare for Reasoning
WBPSC Civil Services Syllabusfor Optional Subject
- Comparative Literature.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Computer Science.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science.
Download Here >>> WBCS Syllabus PDF
West Bengal Civil Service Exam Pattern 2018
WBCS Exam Pattern for Prelims Exam
|S.No||Name of the Subjects||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Composition||25||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Current Events of National & International Importance||25|
|4||History of India||25|
|5||Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|6||Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|7||Indian National Movement||25|
|8||General Mental Ability||25|
WBPSC Prelims Exam Details
- WBCS Prelims Exam will be Objective Type nature having 200 MCQ’s for 1 mark each
- Total marks for the preliminary examination will be 200.
- Paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge.
- Total time duration for the preliminary exam will be two and a half hours.
WBCS Mains Exam Pattern
|S.No||Type of Exam||Paper No||Name of the Subject||Total Marks||Duration of the test|
|1||Written Test||I||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali||200||3 hours|
|III||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|IV||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|V||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||200||3 hours|
|VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||3 hours|
|VII||Optional Subject (Paper – I)||200||3 hours|
|VIII||Optional Subject (Paper – II)||200||3 hours|
|2||Personality Test||200 Marks|
WBCS Civil Services Mains Exam Structure
- WBCS Mains examination Civil Services Main Exam consists of 6 Compulsory papers and 1 optional Subject of 2 papers (Only for Group A& B applied candidates).
- The time duration of West Bengal Civil Services Main Exam is 3 hours.
- PSC West Bengal Civil Services Mains Exam consists of 8 Papers.
- Each paper contains 200 questions and carries 200 marks each.
Read Now: Tips to Manage Stress
Vital Information About Civil Services Exam:
Through WBCS Exam Syllabus and Pattern, you can know no of marks for each subject and the duration of exam and prepare the exam strategy as per your convenience. Aspirants who successfully qualify the WBCS prelims exam will able to participate in the mains examination.
We have provided complete West Bengal CS Syllabus on this page. Aspirants willing to grab more information may follow the official link. Aspirants are advised to stay connected to this portal for getting up to date information WBPSC Civil Services Exam. By pressing the Ctrl + D key, you can book mark this page for future requirements.
Applicants can open this official link to download more information about WBCS Syllabus 2018–19. Candidates, if you have any query related to WBCS Civil Service Exam Syllabus, you can simply leave a comment in below mention comment box. Our experts will try to sort out your problem as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On