XAT 2017 Question Paper
Xavier’s Aptitude Test is a national level examination organized by XLRI. XAT 2017 Question Paper with Solution PDF will help you in preparing for exam. Question paper of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2017 comprise of 72 questions in Part I sections A, B & C. Last Year Detailed Paper Analysis is well listed here. Aspirants may get XAT 2017 Question Paper with Solution from here.
This page includes:
Xavier’s Aptitude Test is organized by XLRI Jamshedpur, on behalf of the XAMI. Each year, approximately 90,000 candidates appear in this MBA entrance exam. Difficulty level of XAT 2017 was almost similar to XAT 2016. To grab more facts about XAT 2017 Question Paper, you may scroll down this page created by team of recruitmentresult.com
XAT 2017 Question Paper Analysis
Overview of XAT 2017 Question Paper:
- Xavier’s Aptitude Test 2017 paper had two parts: Part I and Part II.
- Part I comprise of three sections A, B and C with 24, 21 and 27 questions respectively. So, there are 72 questions.
- Part II consists of General knowledge and Essay Writing.
- Part II comprise of 25 questions on General knowledge and an Essay topic.
- Duration of XAT Paper 2017 was 210 minutes. Aspirants appeared in paper need to complete it within time.
- Applicants allotted 170 minutes for first three sections & 35 minutes for General knowledge and Essay writing.
Synopsis of different Sections of XAT 2017 Question Paper:
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24||Moderate|
|Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning||21||Moderate|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||Moderate to Tough|
Download here: XAT 2017 Question Paper
Overview of the XAT Exam 2017:
|Time allotted||170 Minutes + 35 Minutes for GK and Essay|
|Total no. of questions||72 + 25 (For GK)|
|Marking Scheme||All questions carry equal marks|
|Number of choices||5|
|Negative Marking||One fourth of a mark (& 0.05 for un-attempted questions)|
Last Year Paper Detailed sectional analysis:
Section I: Verbal and Logical Ability
|Description of topics||No. of Questions|
Download Here: XAT Previous Year Papers
Evaluation of XAT Verbal and Logical Ability section:
- Verbal section was moderately difficult.
- In Verbal and Logical Ability, questions were from topics like verbal analogies, sentence rearrangement, Reading Comprehension, verbal reasoning, Critical reasoning & others.
- The main motto of XAT 2017 Question Paper was to judge out basic knowledge of applicants.
- Aspirants have answered questions by analyzing them.
Check This Important Section of XAT
Section II: Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning
|Description of topics||No. of Questions|
Assessment of Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning:
- In XAT 2017 Question Paper, decision making questions carried equal marks.
- 21 Questions belonged to decision making section, in addition to this5 table based reasoning questions also asked.
- By analyzing, Previous Year Question Paper of XAT, questions was almost tricky.
- Majority of questions based on Caselets and Case Studies comprised from areas including business organization, small business units, Customer retention & others.
- Analytical Reasoning section was time-consuming & somewhat difficult.
Check Here: How to Prepare for Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Assessment of Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation:
|Description||No. of Questions|
|Profit and Loss||1|
|Time, Speed & Distance||1|
|Permutation and Combination||1|
|Pipes & Cisterns||1|
|Algebra and Functions||4|
Evaluation of XAT 2017 Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation:
- Questions asked in this section was moderate to tough
- Around 2-3 direct questions of quant asked while remaining ones were in difficult form.
- 2 questions on Data Sufficiency belong to moderate to high difficulty level.
- In DI, tabular set based on more calculations.
Read Here: How to Prepare for Maths
Assessment of XAT 2017 Question Paper of General Awareness:
- In XAT 2017 Question Paper, 25 questions belong to general awareness.
- Questions mainly asked from Books Awards, Geography, Science and Technology & others.
- As per XAT Paper Analysis, difficulty level was tough.
Essay Topic covered in XAT 2017 Question Paper:
“Globalization and jingoism always coexist!”
XAT is a common admission test organized for granting admission to 11 institutes under Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). This year, XAT Exam 2018 will held in month of January 2018. This paper based test is one of the toughest MBA entrance exams in the country.
We have placed all crucial stuff about XAT 2017 Question Paper. Refer its Official Link to get more information about it. By going through XAT 2017 Question Paper detailed Analysis, you may estimate type of questions asked from each section.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|XAT Results||XAT Answer Key|
|XAT College List||XAT Admit Card|
|Top MBA Colleges in India||MBA Entrance Exams|