CBSE Grading System
Central Board of Secondary Education has introduced CBSE Grading System for class 10th, 12th class students which lead to avoid of pass or fail tag to students. According to CBSE grading & evaluation criteria, Grades system is implemented that means A to E will be fixed for each student on the basis of their scores in exam.
CBSE Grading System has adopted a five-point scale for CCE Grading & Evaluation.Through CBSE Grading System For Class 10th / 12th, the grades from A to E will be allotted and it will also eliminate the schools from showing raw scores on the evaluation report of each student.One has to secure 33 marks to qualify the exam.
CBSE Grading System
CBSE Grading System is represented as nine grades that are A1, A2, B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, C3 and E. Students achieving marks in between 95 to 100 will be awarded A1 whereas 90 to 95 as A2. Grade for marks in between 80 to 89 is B1 on the other hand for 70 to 79 is B2 and so on. Marks scored below 33 will be graded as E.
CBSE Grade Scale
|Marks Range||Grade||Grade Point|
Scholastic-B & Life Skills
Important Links Related To CBSE Class
Co-Scholastic Activities and Health & Physical Education
Central Board Of Secondary Education follows the Cumulative Grade Point Average system for grading its students.It is the average of Grade Points scored in all the subjects eliminating additional 6th subject as per Scheme of Studies.
The board adopted grading systems over marking to decrease inter and intra examiner inconsistency in marking and it also takes care of deficiency of tools used for assessment.The grade is to be calculated on the basis of overall performance in all the assessments that isFA&SAas per the following weightage:
- Term I: FA1 (10 per cent) + FA2 (10 per cent) + SA1(20 per cent) = 40 per cent
- Term II: FA3 (10 per cent) + FA4 (10 per cent) + SA2(40 per cent) = 60 per cent
Check Out: Best Career Opportunities
- Formative Assessments: FA
- Summative Assessments: SA
CBSE Passing Criteria
Central Board Of Secondary Education has specified passing criteria for each and every students. Qualifying marks in each subject is 33%. For Senior School Certificate Examination, subject involving practical must obtain 33% marks in the theory and 33% marks in practical separately and 33% marks in aggregate to qualify that subject.For awarding grades, board allot rank order to all passed students and as follows –
- A1 : Top 1/8th of passed candidates
- A2 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- B1 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- B2 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- C1 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- C2 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- D1 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- D2 : Next 1/8th of passed candidates
- E : Failed candidates
Also Check: Short Term Courses Career after 12th
Check Here, How Would the CCE Scheme Help?
- This scheme decrease the failure rate as there will be less fear and anxiety related to performance.
- In the earlier days, there was preparation to often finish the complete syllabus much before time and follow it up with Pre-Board(s) and study leave.
- The importance on conceptual clarification through experimentallearning in the classroom will improve since there will be more time available for transaction of curriculum.
- It is predictable to make the students for life by making students physically fit, mentally alert and emotionally balanced.
- The candidates will have more time on their hands to improve their interests, hobbies and personalities.
- It will allow the students, parents and teachers to make an informed choice about subjects in Class XI.
- It will inspire learning in anapproachable environment rather than in a fearful situation.
It will also help the learners to improve holistically in terms of personality by also focusing on the co-scholastic features which will be evaluated as part of the Constant and Comprehensive Evaluation scheme.This scheme will provide students with Life Skills particularly Creative and Critical thinking skills, social skills and coping skills which will keep them in a good stead when they enter into a highly competitive environment later on.
Must Check: Top 10 Job Oriented Courses After 12th
In order to get more information about CBSE Grading System for Class 10th, 12th, you need to visit this Official Link. You can also share this article with your friends to provide knowledge regarding it. And, bookmark our web portal for receiving updated information on your instant access. Thank You For Visiting Us…