Ministry of Minority Affairs has started the MOMA Scholarship 2020 for students who belong to the minority groups. Through the MOMA (Pre/Post Matric/MCM) Scheme, Government aims to provide financial assistance to the students belonging to the economically weaker sections. Interested candidates can check the last date for MOMA Application Form from here.
Highlights of Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship Scheme
|Name of Scholarship||MOMA (Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship)|
|Type of Scholarship|
|Availability||20,000 Students every year|
Types of Scholarships under MOMA Scholarship
|Pre Matric MOMA Scholarship||For Class 1-10|
|Post Matric MOMA Scholarship||For Class 11 to PhD|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship||After Class 12 for professional &|
Know Here: How To Get A College Scholarship
Features of Pre, Post and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Schemes
- Out of total Scholarship, 30% of scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Scholarship will be awarded to not more than 2 students from the family.
- Scholarship allocation to States/UTs on the basis of population of minorities.
- The scheme is implemented through the State Govt. /UT Administration.
- He /She should not have applied for any other scholarship.
Know Here: How to Prepare For Scholarship Exam
How many Students are awarded Minority Scholarship?
Minority communities throughout the country get 20000 scholarships every year under the Ministry of Minority Affairs scholarship scheme.
What are the Eligibility Conditions for MOMA Minority Scholarships?
- Applicant should be an Indian Resident.
- Candidate should belong to the minority category.
- Male/Female students both can apply for this scheme.
- Applicant’s Family income should be below 2 lakh per annum.
- Candidate should have secured 50% marks in the previous exam.
- There is no age limit.
Get Here: List of Scholarships In India
For what Duration NSP MOMA Scholarship is given?
Ministry of Minority Scholarship is given for the entire course. Maintenance allowance given in this scholarship is for 10 months only in an academic year.
What Benefits are Provided Under MOMA Scholarship 2020?
|Factor||For Hostlers||For Day Scholars|
|Course Fee||20,000 Yearly||20,000 Yearly|
|Maintenance Allowances||10,000 Yearly||5,000 Yearly|
MOMA Scholarships 2020 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Last Date to Apply for MOMA Scholarship||November 2020|
|Defective Verification Closing Date||December 2020|
|Institute Verification Closing Date||December 2020|
Must Know Here: How to Get Scholarship
How to fill MOMA Scholarship Application Form?
- Go to the official website that is www.scholarships.gov.in
- After that go to the “Ministry of Minority Affairs” section which is positioned under the “central schemes” section.
- Press suitable link. Now, read complete details carefully and hit on “Apply” link for “Student Login-(Fresh / Renewal)”.
- Fill MOMA scholarship Application Form in proper manner
- In the final step, you have to submit MOMA Scholarship Application Form on or before the MOMA Scholarship Last Date.
- At last, get printout of filled MOMA Scholarship Form 2020 for further use.
Press Here: National Scholarship Portal Official Website
Required Documents for MOMA Scholarship Application Form:
- Institute Verification Form
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
- Income Certificate issued by an authorized Officer in the State/UT – (Mandatory)
- Declaration of the Student. (Mandatory)
- Self-Attested Certificate of Last Exam Passed as filled in the Form. (Mandatory)
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’. (Mandatory)
- Proof of Bank Account in the Name of the Student. (Mandatory)
- Aadhaar Card (Optional)
- Proof of Address (Optional)
Most Asked Question (FAQ’s):
Q- Can I apply as a Fresh if I am a Renewal candidate?
No, if you are a Renewal candidate, you cannot apply as a fresh. If you do so, your application will be rejected.
Q- How to check the status of my application?
You can use your Registration Id and password to log in to your account to check the status of your application
Q- What happens, if I detect mistakes after forwarding the applications to the next level?
If there is any mistake in your application, you must inform the concerned authorities as the software allows facility to make correction at institute level.
Q- Who is eligible to apply for Post Matric and Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Schemes?
Only students belonging to the minority groups (Muslim/Christian/Sikh/Buddhist/Jain/Parsi) can apply for the scholarship.
MOMA Scholarship Scheme
Ministry of Minority Affairs started the MOMA scholarships for students belonging to the minority groups. Students who belong to the Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain and Zoroastrian (Parsi) communities can apply for these scholarship.
Read Out: Education Loans for Students
MOMA Pre/Post Matric Scholarship
The scholarship scheme was started to help the meritorious students who belong to economically weaker sections to complete their education. Students are selected for these scholarships on the basis of Merit and qualifying marks of candidates.
Those students, who have applied for MOMA Scholarship 2020-21 in previous year, may also submit their Moma Scholarship Renewal Online Application before the end date.
To get more information and updates, you must stay tuned with us on this page. If you have any query or suggestion, ask us in the below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|College is Registered OR AICTE||List of Fake Universities|
|Top Universities in India||Entrance Exam in India|
|UGC Approved University List||How Do Toppers Study?|