NATO Full Form
NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organization. NATO is also known as North Atlantic Alliance which is a military alliance and it’s headquarter is situated in Evere, Brussels, Belgium. North Atlantic Treaty was signed on 4th April 1949. To safeguard the securities of member countries, this organization was established. Get all other updates such as NATO Full Form in Hindi and English, What is NATO (नाटो क्या है) from this page.
NATO Full Form
Overview on North Atlantic Treaty Organization:
|Motto||Animus in consulendo liber|
|Formation||4th April 1949|
|Official language||English, French|
|Secretary General||Jens Stoltenberg|
|Chairman of the NATO Military Committee||Air Chief Marshal Stuart Peach, Royal Air Force|
|Supreme Allied Commander Europe||General Tod D. Wolters, United States Air Force|
|Supreme Allied Commander Transformation||Général André Lanata, French Air Force|
What is NATO? (नाटो क्या है?)
NATO comprises of a system of collective security arrangements under which the members of its independent states will agree for cooperation, if attacked by an external attacker.
The primary purpose of NATO is protecting the freedom of its member countries but as the war situation is also changing, it has declared that it will also protect the countries from cyber attacks, weapons and terrorism.
Get Here: NAAC Full Form and Meaning
- When World War II has been taken place, then after that United States and several European countries signed the North Atlantic Treaty. So, NATO was then formed in 1949, in order to unite against the enemies.
- Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom and the United States are the 12 member countries that were started by NATO in 1949.
- Greece and Turkey joined with NATO in 1952.
- West Germany joined with NATO in 1955.
- Spain joined joined with NATO in 1982.
- Hungary, Czech Republic and Poland has an invitation to join NATO in 1997.
- Albania and Croatia became members of NATO in 2009.
The 28 members of NATO are listed as:
|United States||United Kingdom|
Know Here: NSDL Full Form
Till now, NATO has participated in three alliances:
1) Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council: This council was begin in 1991 and includes 23 non-NATO countries that are supporting in fulfilling goals of NATOs.
2) Mediterranean Dialogue: This council began its operation in 1994 and it has non-NATO members:- Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, and Tunisia.
3) Istanbul Cooperation Initiative: This council includes four members of Gulf Cooperation and has began its operation in 2004. The four members are Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
Candidates can read all details about North Atlantic Treaty Organization from the above section of this page. We have provided details regarding NATO Full Form, its work, its Goal, History etc. Bookmark our site recruitmentresult.com for more updates.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|BCC Full Form||What is full form of NSSO?|
|What is the Full Form of BRICS||BODMAS Full Form|
|BCCI Full Form||MSME Full Form|
|IRDA Full Form||Full Form of IELTS|