Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE) invites the Prathibha Scholarship 2021 application form under the Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science (STARS) scheme. Prathibha Scholarship is awarded to students who have passed HSE from Kerala and wish to pursue B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. or PG Course in Basic / Natural sciences.
KSCSTE (STARS) Scholarship Overview:
|Organization Name||Kerela State Council of Science,Technology & Environment|
|Notification Tagged as||Pratibha Scholarship 2021|
|Areas Of Study||Higher education in Science|
|Provided To||Meritorious Students in Kerala|
|Applicable For||Class 12 passed (Fresh) & B.Sc, M.Sc (Renewal)|
Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme
The scholarship is divided into two segments, namely:
Prathibha Scholarship- A
- It is awarded to meritorious students who have excelled in Class 12 Board examination and pursuing Degree Courses in Basic and Natural Sciences.
- The scholarship is awarded for three year Degree programmes and first three years of Integrated M.Sc programmes
Prathibha Scholarship –B
- It is awarded to students who have already availed Scholarship –A for their Degree Courses and are pursuing a Post-graduate course in Basic Sciences.
- The scholarship is awarded for M.Sc programmes and 4th & 5th year of Integrated M.Sc Programmes.
Get Details: Scholarships In India
Who is Eligible for Kerala State Prathibha Scholarship?
- Applicant should be of Kerala Origin and should have passed Higher Secondary Board Examination from Kerala in any of the Boards of Examination (viz., Kerala State Board, CBSE, ISCE).
- Should have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination with average 90% or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and minimum average marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all science subjects put together.
- The minimum eligibility for SC/ST reservation category is 80% marks or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and 80% marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects put together in the Higher Secondary Board Examination.
- Applicant should have secured admission to 3 year B.Sc./ Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course in 2021 in any one of Major/Honours or their combination anywhere in India.
Know Here: How To Get A College Scholarship
When to apply for KSCSTE scholarship?
Scholarship is awarded after your admission to the Degree course is finalized in the college. The students may apply for this scholarship through the College/Academic institution in which they have joined for B.Sc. Degree /Integrated M.Sc. Degree course.
Prathibha Scholarship Reward:
There are total 100 Scholarships that are to be distributed among the students, out of which:
- 10% Scholarships are reserved for SC/ST Students.
- 50% scholarships reserved for Girl Students
Know Here: How to Prepare For Scholarship Exam
B.Sc. Degree Course/ First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. course
(Duration: 3 years)
|1st Year||Rs. 12,000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 18,000|
|3rd Year||Rs. 24,000|
M.Sc. Degree Course/ 4th and 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course
(Duration: 2 years)
|1st Year||Rs. 40,000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 60,000|
Pratibha Scholarship Renewal:
Prathibha scholarship is initially released for 1st year of Under-graduate programme. The scholarship could be renewed for subsequent years subject to the condition that the student should score average minimum marks of 60% for the previous year (two semesters put together).
The course of study should be continuous and no break is allowed in between. In the event of discontinuance of the course by the student, the matter should be informed to KSCSTE through a letter signed by the student and forwarded by the Head of the institution within 15 working days.
Check Here: List Of Entrance Exam in India
How students will be selected for Prathibha Scholarship 2021?
Total number of scholarships awarded in a year depends on the availability of funds under the allocation for Prathibha Scholarship in that year. Normally 100 scholarships are awarded in a year. 10% of the scholarships are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
Preliminary selection and preparation of Provisional Rank list is made based on the details furnished as per the Data-sheet and copy of mark list received. Applicants under each Subject group are ranked separately [for the total allocated scholarship of 100 nos] with a weightage of 30% for Mathematical Sciences, 40% for Physical Sciences and 30% for Life Sciences.
Check Here: UGC Approved University List
How to fill Prathibha scholarship Application form 2021?
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.kscste.kerala.gov.in
- Go to the “What’s new” section and press the “Applications invited for Scholarship” link over there.
- A new page will come out in front of you. Here you have to go through the complete details.
- After going through the Prathibha scholarship Notification, press “Hit Here To Register” Link.
- Now you will be on the new window.
Stage 1: Online Registration
- If you are new user then press “New Registration” tab using valid Mobile number and E-mail ID.
- The applicant should enter their HSE Roll Number to commence online registration.
- A recent passport size photograph image of dimension 150W ×200H pixels and signature image of dimension 150W×100H should be uploaded during registration.
- Each applicant will be allotted a specific Application Number, which should be noted for future Login.
- On successful registration, a Data-Sheet will be generated. Applicants should get this Datasheet endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are admitted for Degree Course.
- The Computer generated data-sheet with necessary endorsements, along with the attested copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination, should be send to KSCSTE so as to reach us on or before the last date as per the notification.
Stage 2: After publication of Provisional Rank List
- The students selected in the Provisional Rank List and who would like to avail the Prathibha Scholarship should submit the following documents for confirmation of scholarship.
- Only those who submit the above documents within the stipulated time will be considered for final ranking.
- The envelope containing the Data-sheet and copy of mark list should be super-scribed “APPLICATION FOR PRATHIBHA SCHOLARSHIP 2021, KSCSTE”
- The Data-sheet , along with copy of HSE Mark list should be send to the below mentioned address.
Do You Know: Counselling Schedule
Documents to be sent along with the Prathibha scholarship form:
- Community certificate for SC/ST applicants
- Certificate in proof of ‘place of origin’ [Applicant should be of Kerala origin]
- Status Verification Certificate -in prescribed format
- Duly filled the application in the prescribed format
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment
SasthraBhavan, Pattom P.O
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Check Out: Best Career Opportunities
Important Date for Prathibha Merit Scholarship:
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting Date To Apply for KSCSTE Pratibha Scholarship||1st week of January 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||Last week of February 2021|
Disbursement of Scholarship
Students selected for the scholarship program will be asked to provide their Bank account details and also Certificate of status verification which will be forward by their Head of Institution. For this, students should have a valid bank account in any of the nationalized banks.
How to apply for the Renewal of Prathibha 2021 Scholarship?
The Prathibha 2021 Scholarship is sanctioned for a period of 3 years if you are pursuing B.Sc Degree course and or the first three years in case of Integrated M.Sc. Degree. The scholarship reward will be given initially for the first year only.
To renew the scholarship, you have to score more than 60 % marks in your previous year. You have to forward the Prathibha Scholarship Renewal request to KSCSTE by filling application form and enclose Copies of mark lists of previous examination and signed ‘Status verification certificate’.
Prathibha Scholarship for Science Studies
The Scholarship scheme applied by the Women Scientist Division of KSCSTE aims to recognize and nurture students who have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination meritoriously from Kerala to avail scholarship for pursuing B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. courses in Basic / Natural sciences anywhere in India.
kscste.kerala.gov.in Prathibha Scholarship
The selection of candidates for the scholarship programme gets done on the basis of the marks scored in all science subjects in class 12 or equivalent. Candidates who are interested in KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme can fill online form before the last date of application.
Press Here: Prathibha Scholarship Portal
If you have any query or suggestion about Prathibha Scholarship 2021, you can comment in the below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|College is Registered OR AICTE||Top Colleges in India|
|Scholarship for Engg Students||Students’ Horoscope|
|List of Fake Universities||How Do Toppers Study?|