UPSC Geologist Exam 2020
For the UPSC Geologist Exam 2020-21, Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC Geologist Notification. As per the UPSC Notification, UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist Exam Registration have commenced. Last date to fill the UPSC Geologist Application form is 15-10-2020. Interested candidates can complete the Part-I and Part-II UPSC Geologist Registration by following instructions given here.
UPSC Geologist Exam 2020
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Geoscientist And Geologist Examination|
|Date of Notification|
25th September 2020
|Last Date for receipt of Applications||15th October 2020|
|Selection Procedure||Stage-I : Preliminary Examination,|
Stage-II : Main Examination and
Stage-III : Personality Test.
|Date of commencement of Exam||19th January 2021|
|Duration of Exam||3 days|
Names and Number of Post:
|Cat||Post Name||Total Post|
|I||Geologist Group A||50|
|I||Geophysicist Group A||14|
|I||Chemist Group A||15|
|II||Junior Hydro geologists||27|
Candidate should be a:
Citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan; Or Nepal Or of Indian origin but migrated either from East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam; Or Tibetan refugees who came across the country in prior of the 1st January, 1962 for permanent settling over here.
UPSC Geologist Exam Criteria 2020:
You need to ensure following UPSC Geologist Exam Eligibility Criteria to apply for the given positions:
- For Geologists & Junior Hydro Geologists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Job seekers who are going to apply for UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 must hold Master’s degree in Geology or Geological Science or Applied Geology or Mineral Exploration or Geo-Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Petroleum Geosciences or Coastal Area Studies or Petroleum Exploration or Geophysical Technology from a recognized university.
- For Geophysicists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
To apply for UPSC Geologist Exam 2020, Candidates must have M.Sc. (Geophysics) or M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized university.
- For Chemists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India:
Candidates should possess M. Sc. in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry from a recognized board with good academic records.
Links Related to UPSC Geologist
|UPSC Geologist Question Papers||Get Details|
|UPSC Geologist Result||Get Details|
|UPSC Geologist Admit Card||Get Details|
|UPSC Geologist Syllabus||Get Details|
UPSC Geologist Exam Age Limit (as on 01-01-2020):
|Name of Post||Age Limit (Years)|
|Geologist, Group A||21 to 32|
|Geophysicist, Group A|
|Chemist. Group A|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21 to 35|
UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 Age Relaxation:
Relaxation to reserved categories will be as per the norms of the organization:
- SC/ST will get 05 years relaxation in age.
- OBC will get 03 years relaxation in age.
- Ex-Servicemen will get 05 years relaxation in age and
- PWD candidates will get 10 years relaxation in age.
- Government servants will get 07 years relaxation in age
- Candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989 will get 05 years relaxation in age
UPSC Geologist Exam Fee 2020:
- Applying candidates for UPSC Geologist Exam will have to pay an application fee of Rs 200/-.
- SC, ST, PH and female aspirants are not required to pay the fees.
- Participants are required to deposit either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of relevant branches as follows.
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore or
- By using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
UPSC Geologist Selection Process 2020:
UPSC Geologist Exam shall be conducted according to the following plan:—
(i) Stage-I: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination;
(ii) Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type Papers) and
(iii) Stage-III: Personality Test
|Get Details||Interview Preparation Tips|
|How to Prepare for Written Exam|
UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern:
Stage-I : Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination [Objective-type]:-
Stream-I : Geologist & Jr. Hydrogeologist
|Paper-I : General Studies||2 Hours||100 Marks|
|Paper-II : Geology/Hydrogeology||2 Hours||300 Marks|
Stage-II : Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination [Descriptive-type]:-
|Stream-I : Geologist|
|Paper-I : Geology||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Paper-II : Geology||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Paper-III : Geology||3 Hours||200 Marks|
START NOW: Online Test For UPSC
Stage-III : Personality Test – 200 Marks
How to Apply For UPSC Geologist Exam Online Application Form?
To apply for the UPSC Geologist 2020 Exam candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions.
- Firstly you need to visit to the official website of Union Public Service Commission i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- After that you have to follow ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- Now candidates have to hit on “Press Here below Part I Registration” available in front of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
- Fill UPSC Geologist Online Application Form with all required details.
- After that submit your application fee and then again revisit the site for UPSC Geologist Registration
- After complete the UPSC Geologist Part- I Registration, candidates have to go for further process that is Part-II registration by filling the entries.
- Now upload the scan copy of essential documents such as passport size photograph and signature.
- Lastly take a print out of system generated UPSC Geo-Scientist application for further references.
Press For: UPSC Official Link
Following are the documents required while appearing for personality test/personal interview round:
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward
- Classes where applicable.
- Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable.
- Certificate in support of being physically handicapped (wherever applicable)
UPSC Geologist Exam Centre:
Allotment of centers will be on “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained the same will be frozen. This is the reason, candidates are advised to apply early to get the center of their choice.
Grab Here All: UPSC Notification
UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2020:
Candidates can download official site of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in to download your UPSC Geo-Scientist Admit Card 2020. Go through below given official link to download your UPSC Geologist Exam Admit Card directly.
UPSC Geologist Exam Result 2020:
UPSC Geo-Scientist Result of appliers will be available in the month of July 2021. Qualified contenders have to fill Detailed Application Form (DAF) in the month of July 2021 for participating in Interview will be held on August 2021.
UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 Dates:
|Notification Release||25th September 2020|
|Application Form availability||25th September 2020|
|Last date to apply||15th October 2020|
|Admit Card Release||2 weeks before exam|
|Preliminary Exam||19th January 2021|
|Result (preliminary)||To be notified|
|Main Exam||27th & 28th June 2021|
|Result (main)||To be notified|
|Interview||To be notified|
|Final result||To be notified|
Search Related To It:
- UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 Answer Key
- UPSC Geologist Exam Study Material
- UPSC Geologist Exam 2020 Admit Card
- UPSC Geologist Exam Coaching
- UPSC Geologist Exam Apply Online
- UPSC Combined Geologist Exam
- UPSC Geologist Exam Date 2020
- UPSC Geologist Exam Notification
- UPSC Geologist Exam Cut Off
- UPSC Geologist Exam Question Papers
Candidates may get the whole information regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2021 through this Official Link. Aspirants can bookmark this web page or like this page on face book and Google Plus.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Answer Key||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Question Papers|
|Latest Recruitments||Sarkari Naukari|