IAS Application Form
Union Public Service Commission has started IAS Online Registration from today 19-02-2019 onwards. Willing candidates can apply for UPSC CSE (Prelims) Exam by filling IAS Application Form till the last date that is 18th March 2019. More details about IAS 2019 Exam are given below.
|IAS Notification||Download PDF|
|IAS Prelims Part I Registration||Press Here|
|IAS CSE Application Form for Part I Registration||Press Here|
|IAS Official Link||Press Here|
|Official Website||Press Here|
IAS Exam 2019 Overview:
- Name of Commission: Union Public Service Commission
- IAS Notification Date: 19-02-2019
- IAS Application Form Last Date: 18-03-2019
- IAS Prelims Exam Date: 02-06-2019
- Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
IAS Application Form
IAS Important Dates 2019:
|Events||IAS Dates (Released)|
|Release of UPSC IAS Recruitment for Prelims||19-02-2019|
|Opening Date for IAS Registration||19-02-2019|
|IAS Prelims Application Form Last Date||18-03-2019|
|IAS Prelims Admit Card||First Week of May 2019|
|IAS Prelims Exam Date||02-06-2019|
|Announcement of Result of IAS Prelims exam||August 2019|
|IAS Mains Exam date||20-09-2019|
|Announcement of result of IAS Mains exam||December, 2019|
How to Fill UPSC Civil Service Online Application Form?
- To IAS Apply Online, candidates first visit official site that is www.upsconline.nic.in
- Then on home page, select and hit “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC” link to fill IAS Application Form.
- Then choose the appropriate link for IAS Online Form.
- Hit on “Part I Registration” link to fill IAS Application Form.
UPSC IAS Part I Registration:
- Now applicants will have to fill basic information in IAS Online Registration Form.
- Applicants will be prompted to check the details provided in IAS Application Form and make correction.
- Before going to UPSC IAS Registration, applicants must have scanned photograph.
- Then fill IAS Online Form with all required details.
- Then pay UPSC IAS Online Form fee online.
- Submit the UPSC IAS Application Form fee
- Then again revisit the site for part 2 UPSC IAS Registration.
UPSC IAS Part II Registration:
- Complete the Part-II registration by filling the other details in IAS Application Form.
- On successful completion of your complete UPSC Civil Service Online Form, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id.
- In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II IAS Application Form has been made by you.
- Upload the scan copy of essential documents such as passport size photograph and signature along with IAS Online Application Form.
- Check UPSC Civil Service Application Form at once
- Press on “Submit” button for final confirmation of UPSC Civil Service Application Form.
- At last, take a print out of system generated UPSC IAS Application Form for further references.
Procedure To Fill Online Form:- Check Here
Guidelines regarding uploading of signature and photograph:
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Get Here: UPSC Application Form
Required Documents With IAS Pre Online Application Form:
Required Documents while filling up of the Detailed Application Form and carrying to the Examination Venues along with the e-Admit Cards in support of their identities
- Photo ID Proofs (viz. Aadhaar Card,
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Passport, Driving Licence
- Educational Institution/Office ID Card or
- any other Photo ID Proof issued by Central/State Government
Name of Civil Services Description:
|Sr. No.||Service Name|
|1||Indian Administrative Service|
|2||Indian Foreign Service|
|3||Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr. ‘A’)|
|4||Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|5||Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|6||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|7||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Gr. ‘A|
|8||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|9||Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.|
|10||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|11||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railway Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’|
|14||Indian Defence Estate Service Gr. ‘A’|
|15||Indian Information Service Gr. ‘A’|
|16||Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr. III)|
|17||Indian Corporate Law Service Gr. ‘A’|
|18||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services Gr. ‘B’ (Section Officers Grade)|
|19||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadar & Nagar haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’|
|20||Pondicherry Civil Services Group B|
IAS Eligibility Criteria:
To fill up the Civil Services Online Application Form candidates need to complete the following Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality for IAS Recruitment:
(1) For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India for IAS Jobs.
(2) For other services, a candidate must be either:—
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
IAS Qualification Required / Qualification required to fill up IAS Application Form:
Only qualified contenders in IAS Prelim Exam are eligible to submit IAS Civil Service Application Form for preliminary Examination 2019. Contenders must be shortlisted as per IAS Prelims Result as well as Cut off Marks.
Check More Related Links:
|IAS Eligibility Criteria||Get Details|
|Tips To Crack IAS Exam 2019||Get Details|
|IAS Preparation Tips||Get Details|
|IAS Exam Syllabus||Get Details|
|IAS Exam Books||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Exam Pattern||Get Details|
|IAS Officer Salary Per Month In India||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Admit Card||Get Details|
|IAS latest Interview Questions||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Result||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Answer Key||Get Details|
|UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus||Get Details|
|How to Prepare For IAS||Get Details|
|How To Become An IAS Officer||Get Details|
IAS Age Limitation:
Candidate must have attained the lower age of 21 years and for getting the upper age limit, follow the below page as category wise age criteria for all applicants as shown below in tabular format:
|Category||Upper age limit|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years|
|J & K Domicile|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.|
IAS Pre Application form Fee Details:
Candidates who are going to apply for IAS Examination and want to fill up the IAS Online application form have to pay and amount Rs. 100/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) as IAS Application Form Fee will be deposited through any branch of SBI bank by doing cash payment or by using online banking facility (Net banking / Visa / Master / Credit / Debit Card).
SC/ST Candidates are exempted from paying the amount of application fees. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during filling of payment mode of Detailed Application Form and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
No. Of Attempts:
|Category Wise||No. of attempts|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)|
|J & K Domicile||No Bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.|
IAS Selection Process:
Selection of the candidates for the post of Indian Administrative Services will be based on the performance in Preliminary (Objective Type Question Paper) and main exam (Written and interview).
Scheme of CS (pre) Examination:
All the candidates who qualify for Personality Test/Interview on the basis of Result of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination, 2019 will be required to submit their Order of Preferences for Zone(s)/State(s) Cadre (for IAS/IPS) through an Addendum to the Detailed Application Form.
|Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250 Marks|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250 Marks|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250 Marks|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250 Marks|
|Papers VI, VII||Any two optional subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500 Marks|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
You Can Check Here: UPSC Notification
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
IAS Prelims Exam Centres:
Give Now:- UPSC Online Practice Test
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding IAS application Form
Question 1: What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Answer: The delay in accessing the Page depends upon various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Please retry after some time or during off-peak hours.
Question 2: Is it necessary to fill up the details related to area pin code/phone No. with area code/Mobile No./e-mail?
Answer: At Present area PIN code is mandatory to be filed in by the candidate, rest of above indicated items are optional.
Question 3: Is it necessary to fill up both the parts i.e. part-I and part-II of the application?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary to fill up both the parts i.e. part-I and part-II of the application.
Question 4: I have filled up only part-I of the application. Will my application be rejected or not?
Answer: Yes, the Civil Service Examination Application Form will be rejected.
Question 5: Can I first fill up the part-II of the application and thereafter fill up the part-I?
Answer: No, an applicant is required to first complete the part-I of the application and thereafter complete the part-II of the application.
Also Get: UPSC Calendar
UPSC Exam 2019:
Interested applicants who want to apply for Indian Administrative Services may fill the Civil Services prelims Application Form before the last date that is well mentioned here on this page. Candidates who want to participate in Civil Services Examination have to apply by submitting their UPSC IAS Application Form latest before 18.03.2019 for IAS Vacancy.
UPSC is going to conduct UPSC Civil Service pre exam on 02.06.2019 (SUNDAY). Interested candidates can apply by UPSC IAS Online Registration Link with the help of above stated instructions. You can also check out 10 Best Government Jobs in India from our web portal. Follow us on Facebook to get latest updated about Civil Service Application Form.