IAS Toppers Interview Questions
IAS exam is the toughest in written exam as well as in interview and every year huge number of aspirant’s appeared in IAS examination. Candidate, who wants to clear IAS Exam as well as Interview, must have a long-term strategy. This is very vital to discuss and prepare IAS Interview Questions for performing well in the interview.
Here on this page we are providing IAS Toppers Interview questions that is very beneficial for aspirants to crack the IAS Interview. Aspirants may also download UPSC Toppers Interview Video through this page.
As we know that, to crack the IAS exam is not an Easy task but not impossible for a candidate with right approach. Every year, so many aspirants appear in the IAS examination but only few candidates get succeed but the next gateway, which is interview has its own complexity level. Cracking the IAS written exam doesn’t give surety of qualifying the IAS Interview.
Innumerable candidates apply, but clearance of exam can be gotten by few applicants due to its, toughest questions pattern. Toppers said that a strategic & long time study is needed in the exam of IAS (Indian Administrative Service).
How To Become An IAS Officer
IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Exam is conducting by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. Indian Administrative Service is one of the prominent services among all the 24 services such as IPS, IFS etc for which the UPSC perform Civil Services Examination (CSE) to select the brilliant candidates. The UPSC Civil Services Examination has 3 stages – Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
Interview Preparation Tips:- Check Here
How to Crack IAS Exam
Candidates who want to clear the IAS exam must have a long-term strategy. Most of the candidates start their preparation before 9-12 months of exam date but there are applicants who successfully get top ranks with dedicated study of few months. So the time duration of the preparation doesn’t matter, but the quality and dedication matter.
The basic feature of all successful candidates is a disciplined and focused mind with a passion for learning and reading. The IAS exam examines the analytic and presentation skills with knowledge achieved by the aspirant rather than a test which tests candidate’s mathematical or verbal skills.
To clear IAS, we feel two entities as essential:
- Right guidance – for prelims and mains.
- Right study-materials and books.
You May Also Check:-
IAS Toppers Interview Questions
Interviewer of the IAS exam asks logical questions to check the mental level of the cleared candidates. Dear applicants; we are providing UPSC interview questions that will help you to understand the logic of the questions. Prepare yourself according to these questions.
Ques.1). How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
Ans. Concrete floors are very hard to crack!
Ques.2). If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take
four men to build it?
Ans. No time at all it is already built
Ques.3). If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples
and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?
Ans.Very large hands
Ques.4). How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
Ans. It is not a problem, since you will never find an elephant with one hand.
Ques.5). How can a man go eight days without sleep?
Ans. No Probs, He sleeps at night
Read Also:- Interview Preparation for Getting a Job
Ques.6) If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
Ans. It will Wet or Sink as simple as that
Ques.7). What looks like half apple?
Ans. The other half
Ques.8). What can you never eat for breakfast?
Ques.9). What happened when wheel was invented?
Ans. It caused a revolution
Ques.10). Bay of Bengal is in which state?
Ques.11). What will you do if I run away with your sister?”
Ans.The candidate who was selected answered “I will not get a better match for my sister than you sir”
Ques.12). Where Lord Rama would have celebrated his “First Diwali”?
Ans. People will start thinking of Ayodya, Mitila (Janaki’s place), Lanka etc…
But the logic is, Diwali was a celebrated as a mark of Lord Krishna Killing Narakasura. In Dasavataar, Krishnavathaar comes after Raamavathaar. So, Lord Rama would not have celebrated the Diwali At all!
Ques.13). What you have learned from your mistakes?
Ans. Answer this question in this way: everyone do mistakes but here are very few persons who really realize their mistakes and don’t repeat their faults, I am also in one of those persons.
Ques.14). A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
Ques. 15). Why should we appoint you?
Ans. Tell your best achievements and experience related to any organization.
Have a Look On this Useful Section of IAS
The Interview Questions, Which Were Asked In HR Round
The Interviewer ordered a cup of coffee for candidate and kept the coffee before the candidate, and then he asked to aspirants, what is before you?
Candidate immediately replied “Tea” and He got selected.
Now you are thinking how and why did he say “TEA” when he knows very well that coffee was kept before.
Answer: because the question was “What is before you that means, what is before U (alphabet) and the Reply was,” TEA” that means the T (alphabet)
Where Lord Rama would have celebrated his “First Diwali”?
After this question the first think that comes in People’s mind is that, they will start thinking about Ayodya, Mitila (Janaki’s place), and Lanka etc…
But the reason is, Diwali was a celebrated as a mark of Lord Krishna Killing Narakasura. In Dasavataar, Krishnavathaar comes after Raamavathaar.
So, Lord Rama would not have celebrated the Diwali At all!
In Which Color Interviewer Will Love To See You:- Check Here
The interviewer asked to the candidate “This is your last question of the interview. Please tell me the exact position of the center of this table where you have kept your files.”
Instantly Candidate put one of his finger at some point at the table confidently and told to interviewer that this was the central point at the table.
Interviewer asked: how did u know that this is the central point of this table, then he replied quickly
“sir u r not likely to ask any more question, so it was the last question that u promised to ask”
And, he was selected as because of his intelligence. …….
“This is what Interviewer expects from the Interviewee”
UPSC Toppers Interview Video
Tips To Improve Your Performance At The IAS Interview
- IN IAS Interview there are usually 5 members at the board with the head seat at the center.
- Candidates should enter in interview room confidently and greet the head.
- Have to wait till you are asked to sit.
- Intelligent record is the mantra, and for this maintaining eye contact is very important.
- You should not look angrily but all the same appear helpful and do not look at other members because it can be very distracting for the interviewer.
- Though if any other member asks you anything look at that member and answers and then turn back to the first – this is what we do in usual thoughtful listening.
- Do not fidget or hurl your hands around, or shake your head. Less amount of movement does not mean you should sit abnormally stiff.
- Your attitude should be thoughtful and relaxed at the interview time. Do not bend forward or place your hands on the table.
- Give short answer to the mandatory patience shown by the member talking to you.
- They generally like to talk more, so listen cautiously and think for a few seconds before you start answering the question.
- This will show that you are managing your thoughts in mind before speaking.
- Do not start appraising your performance, while you are still in the interview. Even if you have committed mistakes in the starting, do not think that you have already lost the game because they are looking for warm, sensitive respectful and attentive youngsters.
- Talk respectfully about your achievements and hobbies.
- You may have revealed some hobbies in the form without serious background in them
- Say less to convey more. Argue logically and generalize correctly
- Get up to leave only when the head asks you to, not because you think everyone has asked a question.
- Before departure politely thank the head and nod at the others politely. Avoid saying “Have a good day sir”. A “Thank you Sir/Madam” is enough.
On this Page, we have provided you IAS Toppers Interview Questions and UPSC Toppers Video Interview. so, those who are going to appear in IAS Interview or want to appear in it must go through this page. this page will definitely.