For the best guidance of the aspirants appearing for the Indian Engineering Services examination, we have presented IES Syllabus on this page. Through the help of IES Engineering Services Exam Syllabus, candidates will get an idea regarding the exam preparation techniques. Here, we have also elaborated IES Exam Pattern which should be check by the aspirants, who are appearing in IES Mechanical, EEE, and Civil Engineering Exam. However, you can also download the IES Syllabus 2018 PDF from the given link on this page.
IES gives a great opportunity to those candidates who want to engage themselves in government organization recruitmentresult.com brings to you all the details about the IES syllabus, preparation material for Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil and ECE Exam. Government organizations conduct IES exam twice in a year. Those applicants who are hard working and want to set up a fix platform of prosperous career in engineering must apply for IES. To get updated and complete information related to IES Syllabus 2018, you need to scroll down this page of recruitmentresult.com.
IES Syllabus for General Knowledge & Engineering Aptitude:
- Questions in General Aptitude will cover questions from Current issues of national and international importance related to economic, social and industrial development.
- Engineering Aptitude section will cover questions from
- The questions in this paper are of graduate level.
- Marks for each topic mentioned above will range from 5% to 15% of the total marks in the paper.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Engineering Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Drawing, Design, and Importance of Safety
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental pollution, and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance, and technology-based education.
Check Here: IES Exam Pattern
IES Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering (ME)
ME Syllabus for Stage 2 Paper 1:
|Thermal Science||Fluid Mechanics|
|Theory of Machines and Vibration||Renewable Sources of Energy|
Get Here: IES Previous Year Question Papers
ME Syllabus for Stage 2 Paper 2:
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Materials|
|Mechanisms and Machines||Design of Machine Elements|
|Manufacturing, Industrial and Maintenance Engineering||Mechatronics and Robotics|
IES Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
IES Exam Syllabus of EEE for Paper 1
|Electric Circuits||Electromagnetic Fields|
|Signals and Systems||Electrical Machines|
|Power Systems||Control Systems|
|Power generation concepts|
|Electrical and Electronic Measurements||Analog and Digital Electronics|
Read Also: How To Prepare For IES Exam
EEE Syllabus for Stage 2 Paper 2
|Analog and Digital Electronics||Systems and Signal Processing|
|Control Systems||Electrical Machines|
|Power Systems||Power Electronics and Drives|
IES Syllabus for Civil Engineering
CE Syllabus for Stage 2 Paper 1
|Structural Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering|
|Water Resources Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
|Transportation Engineering||Geomatics Engineering|
Read Now: IES Preparation Books
CE Syllabus for Stage 2 Paper 2
|Flow of Fluids, Hydraulic Machines and Hydro Power|
|Fluid Mechanics, Open Channel Flow, Pipe Flow||Hydraulic Machines and Hydropower|
|Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering|
|Water Supply Engineering||Waste Water Engineering|
IES Syllabus for Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
ESE Syllabus for Paper 1
|Networks, Signals and Systems||Electronic Devices|
|Analog Circuits||Digital Circuits|
Read Here: Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips
ESE Syllabus for Paper 2
|Analog and Digital Communication Systems||Control Systems|
|Computer Organization and Architecture||Electro Magnetics|
|Advanced Electronic||Advanced Communication|
Get UPSC IES Syllabus 2018 PDF:
|IES Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering||Get PDF|
|IES Syllabus for Civil Engineering||Get PDF|
|IES Syllabus for EEE||Get PDF|
|IES Syllabus for ESE||Get PDF|
UPSC IES Exam Pattern:
The IES exam takes place in two parts:
- Written Exam
Here we provide you the IES syllabus for electrical engineering Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and ECE.
(Objective Type Papers)
|General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper||200 Marks||2 hours|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper||300 Marks||3 hours|
|Stage-II : (Conventional Type Papers)||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I|
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/\ Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering
|300 Marks||3 hours|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II|
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/
Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering
|300 Marks||3 hours|
|–||Total marks for written Examination (Stage-I + Stage-II)||1100 Marks||–|
|Stage-III :||Personality Test||200 Marks||–|
|–||Total marks (Stage-I + Stage-II + Stage-III)||1300 Marks||–|
Read Here: Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
About IES ESE Exam:
Indian Engineering Services is the civil service which handles the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The exam is conducted to provide various job opportunities to various job seekers at the vacant profile in different government department. To reach the designation of IES officers applicants have to undergo through prelims, mains and personality test / interview. IES is one of the toughest exam among all con ducted by UPSC. Indian Engineering Services includes 4 different categories such as Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering.
Benefits of IES Syllabus 2018:
- Candidates can check below the benefits of knowing IES 2018 syllabus.
- IES Syllabus covers all the mandatory topics for Preliminary and Mains examination.
- The IES syllabus 2018 will help in preparing for the exam in organized manner.
- UPSC IES Syllabus will help candidates to segregate the most important and least important topics as per previous years question paper trend.
- Contenders, if you are aware of the topics given in IES syllabus 2018, then it will get confidence in solving problems in exam.
Do You Know: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
Highlights of IES 2018 Syllabus:
- The standard of paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will be of graduation in Engineering or Science level.
- The IES 2018 syllabus has been divided as per different discipline – Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and Electronics and Telecommunication.
- The standard of Engineering Specific paper will be based on the subjects candidates have studied in their four or five year engineering graduation programme.
So it is all about the IES Syllabus 2018, you can download the syllabus in PDF format from this web portal which is recruitmentresult.com. Aspirants can also join us on Facebook / Google Plus for more upcoming career notifications.
If there is any query regarding this post, you can share with us via comments. We will try to solve your query in least time. Candidates are advised to subscribe our free email service through web- portal for getting latest updates about answer key, result etc direct in their mail box.
For getting more details about IES, you may check Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|IES Selection Procedure||IES Notification|
|IES Application Form||UPSC IES Admit Card|
|IES Result||Health Hazards due to over Studying|
|Common Mistakes You Make in Tests||Tips to Manage Time In Exam|