SSC Exam Pattern
Get SSC Exam Pattern from here!!! Staff Selection Commission is a government organization has authority to conduct various Exams like CGL (Tier I/II/III) CHSL/MTS/JE Exam to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments.
With the help of SSC Paper Format, candidates will get to know that which section have the most weightage and which have the least. So, here we have brought SSC Exam Pattern 2018 for candidates appearing in the SSC exam.
SSC Exam for CGL/CHSL/MTS/JE:
Staff Selection Commission conducts various exams Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4 to select eligible aspirants for the vacant positions in various Ministries and Departments of India. Applicants who have applied for any of SSC Recruitment must scroll down this page and must download SSC Exam Pattern.
SSC Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Tier – I:–
First of all let’s discuss about the SSC CGL Exam pattern 2018….
SSC CGL is abbreviated as SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam. Candidates who appear in this examination get the Group B and Group C positions like inspector of income tax / central excise and preventive officer etc. There are 04 Tiers of SSC CGL Examination, the examination pattern of all the examinations are given below…
|SSC CGL Tier I||Online Examination)|
(Objective Multiple Choice Type)
|SSC CGL Tier II|| Online Examination|
(Objective Multiple Choice Type)
|SSC CGL Tier III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi|
(writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing)
|SSC CGL Tier IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test|
(wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
- SSC GGL Exam will be computer based examination.
- SSC CGL will be organized in two languages these are Hindi and English.
- Aspirants have to attempt complete exam in 1 hour.
- Total 100 MCQ type questions available in the question paper.
- There will be 2 marks gifted to the student to attempt right answer.
- There will be negative marking also applied of 0.50 marks to attempt wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||25|
SSC CGL Tier I is mandatory for all the posts and its marks are added for further process as well. If you do not clear cut-off of Tier I Exam then you will not be eligible for Tier II. Below table shows the section wise breakup of questions and marks asked in SSC CGL Tier I exam.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
In Tier II two papers are conducted on the same day. One is Quantitative Aptitude and the second one is English. In addition, for the posts of JSO and AAO, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are conducted respectively.
- SSC CGL Tier II will also be computer based exam.
- Question paper will be in both languages of Hindi and English.
- Total 100 no of questions included for Quantitative Abilities, Statistics and General Studies (Finance & Economics) and 200 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) for English Language & Comprehension.
- 2 marks can be score by attempt right answer.
- There will be 0.50
|SSC CGL Tier III Exam Pattern|
|Descriptive Paper in English /Hindi||—||100|
|SSC CGL Tier IV Exam Pattern|
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS & MEA only||Word/Excel/ PowerPoint questions|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL is also one of the important examinations, after qualifying the SSC CHSL Examination candidates get the vacancies of
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
- Data Entry Operators (DEO)
- Postal/Sorting Assistants.
- Court Clerk.
To get the vacancy it is must for candidates to understand the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern, keeping the same point in mind we have created this page and given all the information here…
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
- Candidates can obtain 1 mark by attempt right answer.
- There will be Negative Marking applied by attempt wrong answer of 0.25 marks.
- The total time duration will be provided to aspirants of 60 minutes.
- For handicapped
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam Pattern
- There will be total 60 hours allotted to attempt tier II Exam.
- The question paper will be divided into two sections of Letter /Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The Paper 2 would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words
- Aspirants have to score minimum 33% marks to qualify in SSC CHSL Tier II Exam.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing the final merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
You Can Also Check:
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
After qualifying the SSC MTS Examination candidates get the vacancies of Peon, Dafatry, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator , Clerk, LDC, computer Operator etc. To get the vacancy the main step to clear is to qualify the written examination as it is the preliminary phase. To help aspirants in this regard here we have provided the SSC Exam pattern of MTS 2018
Written Exam (Paper-I) Objective Type:
- There will be total 100 questions available in the exam.
- The total 1.5 minutes time duration will be given to the students.
- The questions will be from Reasoning Ability, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness.
- There will be total 4 sections in the question paper.
- Each section will comprise total 25 questions.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2018:
Descriptive Exam (Paper II)
- Those aspirants who will qualify Paper I will be eligible to appear in the SSC MTS Exam 2018.
- Paper – II is of qualifying nature and will only test your elementary skills.
Short Essay / Letter in English
SSC JE Exam Pattern
SSC JE examination gets conducted to hire eligible and deserving candidates for the posts of Junior Engineers. There are various branches in Engineering like the Civil, Mechanical, Electrical etc. candidates who qualify the exam becomes the Junior Engineer in Staff Selection Commission, and the detailed Exam Pattern For SSC JE is given as follows:
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2018:
SSC JE 2018 Highlights
|Total number of paper||2 (Paper 1 and 2)|
|Total marks of exam|
|Nature of questions|
|Topics in SSC JE syllabus|
Verbal & Non-verbal topic in General Intelligence & Reasoning, General awareness includes topics from varied discipline while engineering papers carries topics of diploma level
SSC JE 2018 Paper Pattern – Paper 1
- Applicants who have applied for SSC JE Recruitment 2018 have to participate in SSC JE Paper I.
- SSC JE 2018 will be computer based examination.
- Candidates can choose between part A, B, C as per their engineering disciplines and the remaining two sections remain common.
- The total question paper will be of total 200 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper 1.
|Paper-I Objective type||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|Part – A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||100|
Check Out: Prohibited Materials in SSC Exam
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2018 – Paper 2
- SSC JE Paper 2 will be held through offline mode.
- The question paper will include Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical).
- The total marks will be allotted of 300marks for SSC JE Paper 2.
- Total 3 hours will be given for complete question paper.
|Paper-II Conventional Type||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300|
We hope the details given here will be beneficial for candidates to understand about the SSC Exam Pattern 2018 for CGL (Tier I/II/III) CHSL/MTS/JE and the detailed Paper Format. Still if candidates have any sort of query regarding the information given then they can ask our experts about it by using the below given comment box.
All candidates need to do is to mention their comments in below given comment box. Interested candidates may also bookmark this page by using the CTRL+D tab and can keep it safe for further usage.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Latest SSC Jobs Notification||SSC Preparation Books|
|SSC Exam Time Table||How To Crack SSC Exam|
|Top SSC Coaching Classes||SSC Online Test|