Civil Services Exam
Union Public Service Commission Service has released Civil Services Exam 2021 Dates. Eligible candidates can read notification to know Eligibility, Civil Services Exam Schedule related information. Civil Services Time Table is released both for Prelims and Mains Exam.
Civil Services Exam
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Category||Civil Services Exam|
|Release of Notification||10-02-2021|
|Last date to apply||02-03-2021|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021||27-06-2021|
|Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2021||17-09-2021|
To gain more details about Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam including eligibility, applying process, paper pattern & others, you may scroll down this page designed by team members of recruitmentresult.com
Civil Services Vacancies:
|Sr. No.||Name of Service or Posts Name|
|01||Indian Administrative Service|
|02||Indian Foreign Service|
|03||Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr. ‘A’)|
|04||Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|05||Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|06||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|07||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),Gr. ‘A’|
|08||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|09||Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.|
|10||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|11||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railways Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’|
|14||Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’|
|15||Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|16||Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr.III)|
|17||Indian Corporate Law Service|
|18||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)|
|19||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’|
|20||Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)|
Check Also: UPSC Notification
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria 2021:
Check out detailed Civil Services Eligibility Criteria prior applying for Civil Services Exam 2021.
- For Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, applicants should be Indian resident.
- For other upsconline.nic.in Recruitment candidates must be a citizen of India, or subject of Nepal / Bhutan / A Tibetan refugee / A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Number Of Attempts for UPSC Civil Services Exam:
- Applicants, who are willing to get Civil Services Jobs, should have degree in any discipline from concern Universities recognized by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
- Candidates who have appeared examination but have not been informed of the results are eligible to apply and applicants who are having professional and technical qualifications that are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree are also eligible to apply.
Check Details Here: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Number Of Attempts:
We have listed attempt details concerning Civil Services Paper in tabular form. Have a look below.
|Category||No. of Attempts|
|Open Category||6 times|
UPSC Civil Services Age Limit:
Applicants applying against Civil Services Notification 2021 shall be not more than 18 years of age and other age criteria is mentioned below:
|Category||Age limit (upto)|
UPSC Civil Services Application Fee: (As per previous stats)
To apply against Civil Services mains notification, applicants are required to pay application fee through Credit/Debit card/Internet banking or cash in SBI Bank.
- General/Others – Rs.100/-
- SC/ST/PH Candidates – No fees
Civil Services Selection Criteria:
Aspirants will be shortlisted for UPSC Civil Services Recruitment on the basis of performance in listed sessions.
- Prelims Exam
- Main Examination
Read Below For Better Preparation Of Exam/Interview:
Civil Services Exam Pattern
Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern 2021:
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
Points Concerning UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam:
- In UPSC Prelims exam, Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions are asked.
- There is a provision of “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam.
- There is a penalty of 33% marks or we can also say 0.83 marks for each and every wrong answer.
- Shortlisted aspirants under Preliminary exam will appear for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam for Indian Forest Service.
- Only blind aspirants will be allotted extra time of 20 mints for each paper.
- It is obligatory for all the candidates to appear in both the papers of Civil Services.
- Marks scored in the Prelims exam will not be counted in the final marks of the Mains exam as well Interview.
Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern 2021:
|Paper Details||Subjects Description||Max Marks|
|Paper-A||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-B||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Papers To Be Counted For Merit|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Optional Subjects Paper 1||250|
|Papers VII||Optional Subjects Paper 2||250|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750|
Also Read: UPSC Syllabus
Civil Services Syllabus 2021:
In Civil Services Exam 2021, questions are asked from topics like History of India and Indian National Movement, General Science, Indian polity and Governance, General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning and analytical ability etc. By hitting on link placed on this page, you may access complete syllabus of Civil Services Exam.
Centers Of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination: (As per previous stats)
Centers of Civil Services (Mains) Examination
Start Here: UPSC Online Test
Civil Services Exam Cut Off (As per previous stats):
Procedure to fill Civil Services Application form 2021:
Civil Services Online Registration process will be done in two parts as Part- I Registration and Part- II Registration. Follow steps listed here to apply for Civil Services Exam.
Part- I Registration:
Follow steps listed below to fill Civil Services Online Application form.
- Visit official website of Union Public Service Commission Official website that is upsconline.nic.in
- Press on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link accessible at mid of page.
- Choose ‘Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination’ link from new page.
- For Part- I Registration, read out all instructions carefully.
- After that, fill Civil Services Registration Form 2021.
- Put all details like name, gender, date of birth, fathers and mother name and contact details etc in CSE Registration Form.
- Submit all details & an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id.
- Prior applying, Scan your photograph, which should be in JPG format of size 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit and signature in JPG format, having digital size of each file must be less that 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Access copy of challan form. Hit on ‘Part- II Registration’.
- Make payment of application fee.
- Choose center from 23 centers as per your preference.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Hit on submit tab for submission of CSE Online Application form.
- Carry hard copy of it for future need.
For rest updates on Civil Services Exam 2021, candidates are advised to hit on the official link of the website regularly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Online Application Status|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Exam Calendar|
|UPSC Result||UPSC Admit Card|
|UPSC Answer Key||UPSC Recruitment|