FSSAI Full Form
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India whose work is to do regulation and supervision of food and related products. It has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
“भारतीय खाद्य सुरक्षा और मानक प्राधिकरण” is FSSAI Full Form or full name in Hindi. Establishment of FSSAI was done under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India and its headquarters are in New Delhi. The responsibility of FSSAI is to set up standards for food. It is very important for every food business in India, to have a food license and FSSAI has the authority to provide license to them.
FSSAI Full Form
Overview of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
|Formation||5th August 2011|
|Establishment Act||Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006|
|Chief Executive Officer||Shri G. S.G. Ayyangar|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India|
Also Know About: ECGC Full Form
What is an FSSAI License?
FSSAI is also called as the Food Authority of India. This authority under the FSS act issues a 14-digit license number to every food business operators of India. Along with the logo of FSSAI, FSSAI License is also printed on the food products and this license can be obtained from the food licensing website.
FSSAI License Number:
The 14-digit FSSAI License Number is further divided into 5 sections.
- Section 1 [First Digit] – Information about the registration status of the food business whether registered or not.
- Section 2 [ Digits 2 and 3]- State code where food business is operational
- Section 3 [ Digits 4 and 5]- I Year of manufacture of the particular food product.
- Section 4 [Digits 6, 7, 8 ]- Quantity of enrolling master
- Section 5 [Digits 9-14]- Permit Number of the maker
FSSAI License Eligibility
To help the Food Business Owner in choosing up the license, eligibility criteria as per the type of business is given below:
1) Basic FSSAI Registration: For Turnover less than ₹12 Lakh
This is applicable for food businesses like storage, sales, repacking, distribution and labeling. It is applicable for those FBOs whose annual turnover does not cross Rs. 12 lakh.
2) State FSSAI License Eligibility: For Turnover between ₹12 Lakh to ₹20 Crore
These FBOs can apply for the state license- Restaurants and Hotels, Proprietary Foods, Dairy Units, Meat processing Units, Vegetable Oil Processing Units, Food Processing Units, Slaughtering Units.
3) Central FSSAI License Eligibility: For Turnover above ₹20 Crore
These FBOs can apply for the central license- 5 Star Hotels and above, 100 % export-oriented food processing units, Food Catering services at airports and seaports, Refrigerated storages having a large capacity, All Food Businesses whose operations are at a larger scale, Restaurants/ and handling chains that have multiple branches.
Know Here: What is the full form of DLF?
Procedure for FSSAI Licence:
Candidates need to follow these given steps to obtain the license:
- Firstly, contenders need to fill up the application form that contains the detailed information of your food business.
- After that, candidates need to email the required documents for creation of FSSAI Form A and Form B.
- Then CS/ CA, will filed the FSSAI License application to the local FBO.
- At last, food licence will be mailed up and will act after regular follows ups with the food safety department.
Documents Required for FSSAI License:
To verify the ownership and validity of the food business operators(FBOs), few documents are required during the registration of FSSAI License.
- PAN Card
- Copy of Aadhar Card / Voter Identity Card/ Driving License /Passport [Any 1]
- Passport Size Photo
Documents for the Registered office/Premises:
- Latest Utilities Bill (Electricity/ Water/ Gas Connection Bill)
- Copy of Rent Agreement (if Rented Property)
- Copy of Properties Papers (If premises are self-owned)
Main Aim of FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India):
The objective of FSSAI is to ensure the quality of food that the food distributed to the public is safe, nutritious and pure. For this, FSSAI regulates and supervise the storage, manufacture, sale, distribution and import of food for consumption.
We the team of recruitmentresult.com hopes that the above provided information about Food Safety and Standards Authority of India that is FSSAI Full Form, its meaning and other related information is understandable. You can also bookmark our site for getting more similar updates.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|What is the Full Form of CTET||DRDO Full Form|
|Full form of Tally||TDS Full Form|