Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras) has made available HSEE Syllabus 2020 for Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) that is going to be held on 28th July 2020. Applicants who had applied for HSEE 2020 Exam can do their preparation from the below given IIT Madras HSEE Exam Pattern to know the test structure and can also download HSEE Syllabus PDF of both parts i.e. Part I and Part II.
This computer based entrance examination is conducted for admission of eligible candidates to master degree programme under Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). Complete details about HSEE Syllabus 2020 is well mentioned on the below segment of this page by the team of recruitmentresult.com
HSEE Exam Pattern
- IIT Madras has divided the entrance examination into two parts. Part-I will be computer- based test i.e. of objective nature and Part-II will be written-descriptive paper.
- HSEE-2020 Total Time Duration is of 3 hours:
- Part-I (objective type multiple choice questions) time duration is 2½ hour i.e. 150 minutes.
- Part- II (essay writing) time duration is 30 minutes. Answer Sheet for Part II will be distributed at the end of Part-I.
- One hour extra time will be given to 40% or more disability candidates.
- The language of question paper is English.
|Part I- English, Analytical and Quantitative Ability and General Studies||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||2½ hour i.e. 150 minutes|
|Part II- Essay Writing||Written-Descriptive||30 minutes|
The syllabus of Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) is divided into two parts.
- Part I- This part consists of English, Analytical and Quantitative Ability and General Studies.
- Part II- This part consists of essay writing.
HSEE Syllabus – Part I:
Questions in the examination related to this section, generally are of Reading skills, Grammar and Vocabulary. This section mainly checks that how much a candidate has knowledge of English Language.
- Reading Skills: Candidates have to give answers of reading comprehension passage(s) through which comprehension skills of applicants will be tested out.
- Grammar: Use of articles, tenses, verbs, active and passive voice, sentence usage will be asked in this section, in order to test whether candidate have knowledge of English Grammar or not.
- Vocabulary: In this section, the test is taken to judge whether candidate has the potential to understand collection of words, their meanings and structure i.e. vocabulary skills of an applicant will be tested out.
2) Analytical and Quantitative Ability:
Questions asked in Analytical and Quantitative Ability section comprises of the following topics:
- Highest Common Factor (HCF) and Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Profit and Loss
- Basic Statistics – Average, Ratio and proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Work and time
- Age sums
- Elementary trigonometry
- Linear equations
- Analytical reasoning
- Brainteasers and Patterns
- Data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
3) General Studies:
The General Studies section under Part-I of HSEE Syllabus includes the following given topics. This section tests the candidate’s ability to understand the key concepts and awareness related to the Indian Economy, Indian Society and Culture, World Affairs, Environment and Ecology.
(a) Indian Economy:
Understanding the Economy, Main Features of Indian Economy, Major Economic problems, Economic Growth and Development, Sectoral Development, Foreign Trade and International Economy, Money, Banking and Public Finance.
(b) Indian Society and Culture:
Structure of Indian Society, Social Change in India, Medieval and Modern Indian History, Indian Philosophy and Thinkers, Indian Traditions and Knowledge Systems
(c) World Affairs:
Emergence of the US and USSR, Democracy and Development, Hunger and Poverty etc
(d) Environment and Ecology:
Global Environmental Picture, Ecosystems, Pollution, Principles of Solar Energy, Hydropower, Wind Power, Biomass Energy, Ocean Thermal Energy, Geothermal Energy, and Tidal power.
** Detailed General Studies Syllabus is provided in below PDF.
Read Out: Current Affairs for Competitive Exam
HSEE Syllabus – Part II:
In this section, writing skills of candidates is tested. Contenders will be given topics for essay writing that will be based up on general knowledge and current affairs.
Applicants have to write the essay in a way that clearly shows the topic perspective, argument with example of the evidence, wherever it is possible to be mentioned out.
Download: HSEE Syllabus PDF
Download Previous Year Papers: HSEE Question Paper
Best HSEE Preparation Books:
The Best HSEE Reference Books are as:
- RS Agarwal – Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning book
- NCERT 11th and 12th books – Economics, Political Science and Sociology
- RS Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude
- India Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- NCERT 10th, 11th and 12th books – Geography
Check Out: Best Books for Logical Reasoning
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) Related to HSEE 2020 Syllabus:
Question: Is there any negative marking in the entrance exam?
Answer: Yes, negative marking is there for incorrect answers in Part-I .
Question: What is weightage of Part I and II in the syllabus?
Answer: In Part- I, (English section carries 25% mark of Part I), (General Studies carries four sub-parts i.e. 50% marks of Part 1), (Analytical and Quantitative Ability carries 25% of Part I). Part- II comprises of essay writing.
Question: Does all the IIT’s conducts the HSEE examination?
Answer: No, the entrance examination is conducted by IIT Madras for admission into five-year integrated master degree programme in Humanities and Social Science.
Press Here: HSEE Syllabus Official Link
Press Here: HSEE Official Website
HSEE 2020 Exam was earlier postponed due to COVID-19. Now, New Revised exam dates have been provided below:
|Online Application Submission Date||From Dec 11, 2019 to 22-23 Jan 2020|
|Admit Card Download Date||March 18, 2020|
|Examination Date for HSEE-2020||April 19, 2020|
July 28, 2020
|Declaration of Result on HSEE Website||May 15, 2020|
Candidates can get all latest updates about HSEE Syllabus 2020 from this page which is well written by the team members of recruitmentresult.com You can also bookmark this page for getting instant updates.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|Entrance Exam in India||How Do Toppers Study?|
|Best Study Apps for Students||Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide|
|Profit And Loss Formulas||Time And Work Questions|