Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has release KVPY 2020-21 registration process. Those who have successfully applied for Kishore Viagyanik Protsahan Yojna can check exam date from here. KVPY exam is to be organized on 31-01-2021 for which scroll down the page to view all relevant details.
IISC KVPY 2020 Exam: Highlights
|Exam||KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)|
|Conducting Authority||IISC, Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)|
|Streams||SA, SB and SX|
|KVPY admit card||Second week of January 2021|
|KVPY Exam Centers||54 Cities across|
|KVPY 2020 Exam Date||31-01-2021|
|Mode of KVPY 2020 Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based|
|KVPY Official Website||kvpy.iisc.ernet.in|
What is the KVPY Eligibility Criteria?
Nationality: Candidates should have Indian Citizenship.
For Stream SA:
- Should be studying Science in the 11th standard.
- Must have studied Mathematics & Science in the 10th standard.
- Should have secured a minimum aggregate of 75% marks 10th standard (65% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates)
For Stream SX:
- Should be studying Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) in the 12th standard.
- Should have studied Mathematics and Science and secured a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in the 10th standard (65% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Also, should be willing to pursue higher studies in Basic Sciences after completion of the 10+2 examination with a minimum aggregate score of 60% (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the Science subjects.
For Stream SB:
- Undergraduate candidates studying Basic Science program (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology) leading to B.Sc./B. Stat./MS/Integrated M. Sc. can apply under this category.
- Should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in 10+2 examination (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Also, candidates have to secure a minimum score of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the 1st year Graduation Final Examination.
Must Know : How to Get Scholarship
KVPY Scholarship Amount
|Course||Monthly KVPY Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB (During 1st to 3rd years of BSc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math. /Integrated MSc/MS||INR 5000||INR 20000|
|SA/SX/SB (During MSc/4th to 5thyears of Integrated MSc/MS/M.Math./M.Stat.||INR 7000||INR 28000|
KVPY Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: KVPY entrance exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Medium: Medium of paper will be English & Hindi.
- Questions Type: There will be multiple choice questions (MCQ) in the paper.
- Attempts: In the SA stream, it is compulsory to attempt all questions. While in SB/SX stream, students have an option to attempt any three sections in Part I and two sections in Part II.
- Time Duration: Duration of Exam is 3 hours.
- Maximum Marks: KVPY Test is of total 100 marks.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Part I||Part II|
Know Here: How to Prepare For Scholarship Exam
KVPY Exam Center
Agarthala, Agra, Ahamedabad, Allahabad, Ambala, Aurangabad, Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Durgapur, Eranakulam, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Guwahati, Huballi, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangaluru, Mohali, Mumbai, Mysuru, Nagpur, Noida, Pallakad, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rourkela, Salem, Siliguri, Thrissur, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
Check list of: Scholarship in India
KVPY Application Fee
Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000 (for general/OBC category) & Rs. 500 (for SC/ST/PWD category) as application fee for the KVPY 2020 Exam. KVPY Registration fee has to be paid through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) mode.
Do You Know: How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
How to fill KVPY Application Form?
- Firstly visit the official website that is kvpy.iisc.ernet.in to fill KVPY 2020 Online Form.
- From the homepage of the website select the “KVPY-2020 online application portal” Link.
- A new page will be opened. Now you have to register for KVPY Exam.
- Enter all the asked details and complete the KVPY Online Registration.
- After completing the registration, use your log in Id and Password to access your account.
- Now fill the KVPY Online application form carefully
- After doing so, you have to pay the required application fees for KVPY 2020 Entrance Exam.
- At last take a print out of the KVPY Scholarship form and keep it safe for future reference.
KVPY 2020-21 Important Links
|KVPY 2020-21||Check Here|
|KVPY Log In||Log In Here|
|KVPY Official Website||Press Here|
KVPY Cut off
KVPY 2020 Cut off will be released after the declaration of KVPY Result. Here in the below table we have given expected KVYP Stream wise Cut off:
|Stream||Qualifying Marks out of 100|
|KVPY SA Stream|
|PwD (Person with disability)||40|
|KVPY SB Stream|
|PwD (Person with disability)||34|
|KVPY SX Stream|
|PwD (Person with disability)||40|
KVPY Selection Process
Candidates have to clear the KVPY Aptitude Test which is going to be conducted on 31-01-2021 with more than cut off marks to be called for further process. All those candidates who will clear the KVPY written exam have to appear in the Interview round which will be held in January 2021. Selected candidates will be informed about KVPY interview dates, time & venue through email/website.
Links Related To KVPY:
|KVPY Syllabus||Get Details|
|KVPY Mock Test||Get Details|
|KVPY Admit Card||Get Details|
|KVPY Answer Key||Get Details|
KVPY Fellowship Renewal/Continuation
Candidates who will get the KVPY Scholarship can renew it for the duration of 5 years or up to Pre-PhD level (whichever is earlier). KVPY 2020 Scholarship can be renewed every year if you fulfill below given conditions:
- You must continue to study Basic Science courses at school, college or university.
- You should score an aggregate of 60% or first class (50% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Person with Disabilities) marks or equivalent.
- You are also required to pass all the prescribed subjects of that particular academic year.
Choose From Here: Career Options After 12th
Stay connected with us to know more about the KVPY 2020-21 Scholarship Exam. Follow us on to our free mail service.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On!!
|Best Colleges in India||Scholarship in India|
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Education Loans for Students||How Do Toppers Study?|
|List Of Entrance Exam in India||College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?|