Merit cum Means Scholarship 2022
Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2022-23 is an initiative to provide financial support to meritorious Graduates candidates belonging to underprivileged section of society to pursue Professional/ Technical Courses. Interested candidates can apply for Merit cum Means Scholarship by submitting their applications online before Merit cum Means Scholarship 2022 last date.
MCM Professional/Technical Courses Scholarship Overview:
- Form type: Online
- Purpose: Provide financial support for pursuing Professional/ Technical Courses
- Selection process: Academics marks/ family income
- Scholarship type: Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Merit cum Means Scholarship Last Date: October 2022
- Defective Verification Date: October 2022
- Institute Verification Date: November 2022
Merit cum Means Scholarship 2022
Number Of MCM Scholarships:
- 60,000 Scholarships for Freshly Applied (besides Renewal scholarships)
Distribution of Merit cum Means Scholarships
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. A total of 60,000 scholarships are targeted to be distributed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships. The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of minorities in the States/Union Territories.
Know Here: How To Get A College Scholarship
Merit cum Means Scholarship Eligibility:
- For MCM Professional/Technical Courses Scholarship, students must have secured more than 50% marks or equivalent in previous Exams
- Annual income of applying candidate’s parents/guardians must not be more than Rs.2.50 lakh (from all sources)
MCM Scholarship Validity Duration
- For Entire Academic Course
Merit cum Means Scholarship Amount:
|Rate of Scholarship-Course Fee||Rs.20,000/- per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Maintenance Allowance||Rs.1,000/- per month* for Hosteller Rs. 500/- per month* for Day Scholar|
|Scholarship for listed institutes||Full course fee is reimbursed for 85 listed Institutes.|
Check Details of: Scholarship For 10th Passed Students
Merit Cum Means Selection Procedure
- Fresh –
The number of scholarship has been fixed State/UT-wise on the basis of Community-wise minority population of the States/UTs as per Census 2001 (2017-18) & 2011 (2018-20). Within the State-wise allocations, the applications from Listed Institutions will be exhausted first in merit list. In case number of such students is more than the State/Community-wise quota, normal merit list criteria shall be followed. Other verified applicant/student will be selected in the merit list, thereafter, on merit basis i.e. Percentage/marks of last academic course/board (higher secondary / graduation) exam. In case of similar marks, income will be taken as deciding factor.
- Renewal –
There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (or in each semester/trimester of previous year’s) their application is approved by State Governments/UTs.
Check Now: List Of Scholarship
Merit Cum Means Scholarship Review/ Modification:
The progress of implementation of the scheme shall be reviewed by the Joint Secretary I/c of Scholarship Schemes in Ministry of Minority Affairs on monthly basis. Quarterly Review shall be done by Secretary, Minority Affairs, and Government of India.
Simple Process To Apply For Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2022:
- Visit to official site i.e. scholarships.gov.in
- Go to Ministry of Affairs section for Merit cum Means Scholarship login.
- Hit on “Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS”
- Hit on Guidelines tab and
- Read all the Guidelines from Merit Cum Means Scholarship Notification PDF
- Thereafter hit on “Apply Online” tab
- Get registered by submitting MCM Scholarship Registration form
- Fill up the Merit Cum Means Scholarship Registration form
- Get and Login with User ID and password
- Fill up MCM Application Form
- Upload all required documents
- Hit on Submit tab and get copy of MCM scholarship form 2022-23.
Press Here: National Scholarship Portal Official Website
Merit Cum Means Scholarship Renewal
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (each semester / trimester of previous year provided the students pursues the same course in the same Institute).
FAQ’s related to Merit cum Means Scholarship
Q- Can I Edit The Information Already Saved And Upto What Time?
You can edit draft/incomplete information filled until you “Submit‟ application. Edit application and go to “Student login” option enter the Application Id then press on submit “login‟ button.
Q- How Should I Check The Merit cum Means Scholarship Status Of My Application Online?
Go to “Student Login‟ by entering your Application Id and Password. Press on “Check Your Status‟ option thereafter you can check your online status
Q-Which Documents are required for MCM scholarship form 2022?
- Student Photo
- Institution Verification Form
- Self-declaration of Income Certificate by the student
- Self-declaration of community by the student
- In case of Fresh: Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form
- In case of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form.
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of student
- Aadhaar Card
- Residential Certificate
Q- What should be the Type and size of the documents to be uploaded?
Format of file should be in .pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme:
Merit cum Means Scholarship has been introduced with the motive to provide financial support to poor and meritorious students of minority communities and enable them to pursue professional and technical courses at graduation and post-graduation level
Merit cum Means MCM Scholarships:
Ministry of Minority Affairs has announced 60,000 Merit cum Means Scholarship 2022 to be distributed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships. Candidates willing to get MCM Scholarship for Professional/Technical Courses need to apply online by submitting their applications before last date.
Also Check: Scholarship for Engg Students
Out of all the scholarships available, 30% scholarship is reserved for girl’s students of each minority community. The Merit cum Means Scholarship 2022-23 will be provided for the entire academic year/course.
For getting more information about Merit cum Means Scholarship 2022, you need to visit the official website.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Colleges in India||Top Universities in India|
|Entrance Exam in India||How Do Toppers Study?|
|List of Fake Universities||UGC Approved University List|
|Students’ Horoscope||Best Career Opportunities|