Mohanlal Sukhadia University offers various UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate and Ph.D Programmes. Students who are pursuing these courses and going to appear in University Examinations can get MLSU Syllabus 2021 of First, Second, Third Year from here.
There are various courses that are conducted in Mohanlal Sukhadia University and each course has its own MLSU Exam Syllabus. Students pursuing any of UG/PG Course may avail Mohanlal Sukhadia University Syllabus just by visiting the official web portal or by using the direct links given below.
MLSU 2021 – Overview
|MLSU 2021 – Particulars||MLSU 2021 – Details|
|Name||Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU)|
|Location||Udaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate and Ph.D Programmes|
Subject-Wise MLSU Syllabus 2021
|B.Sc Biotechnology Syllabus|
|M.Com Syllabus for MLSU University|
|M.Com Final Syllabus|
|Food Science Syllabus|
For UG, PG (Annual/Semester), CBCS, Certification Programme
MLSU BCA First Year Syllabus
BCA- 101: Introduction to Information Technology
Computer Basics: Algorithms, A Simple Model of a Computer, Characteristics of Computers, Problem-solving Using Computers.
Data Representation: Representation of Characters in computers, Representation of Integers, Representation of Fractions, Hexadecimal Representation of Numbers, Decimal to Binary Conversion, Error-detecting codes.
Input & Output Devices: Description of Computer Input Units, Other Input Methods, Computer Output Units(Printers ,Plotters)
|UNIT-II||Computer Memory: Memory Cell, Memory Organization, Read Only Memory, Serial Access Memory, Physical Devices Used to Construct Memories, Magnetic Hard Disk, floppy Disk Drives, Compact Disk Read Only Memory, Magnetic Tape Drives.Processor: Structure of Instructions, Description of a Processor, Machine Language and Instruction set .processors used in desktops and lap tops.Specification of a desktop and Lap top computer currently available in the market (Specifications of processor,motherboard&chipset, memory, interface & capacity of hard disk & DVD drives, I/O ports)|
|UNIT-III||Computer Architecture: Interconnection of Units, Processor to Memory communication, I/O to Processor Communication, Interrupt Structures, Multiprogramming, Processor Features, Reduced Instruction , Set Computers (RISC), Virtual Memory.Software Concepts: Types of Software, Programming Languages, Software (Its Nature & Qualities), Programming Languages.|
|UNIT-IV||Operating Systems: History and Evolution. Main functions of OS Multitasking ,Multiprocessing,Time Sharing ,Real Time OS with ExamplesDatabase Management System :Purpose and Organization of Database ,Introduction to Data ModelsComputer Generation & Classifications: First Generation of Computers, The Second Generation, The Third Generation, The Fourth Generation, The Fifth Generation, Moore’s Law, Classification of computers, Distributed Computer System, parallel computers.|
Computers &Communications : Introduction to Computer Communications, Introduction to Computer Networks, Types of Networks, OSI/TCP Model, LAN technologies (fast Ethernet &Gigabit Ethernet ), How LAN works, Brief survey of active and passive LAN components.
Internet: Network, Client and Servers, Host &Terminals,TCP/IP, World Wide Web, Hypertext, Uniform Resource Locator, Web Browsers, IP Address, Domain Name, Internet Services Providers, Internet Security, Internet Requirements, Web Search Engine, Net Surfing, Internet Services, Case Study, Intranet.
Cyber Laws: Introduction to Cyber Laws, Cybercrime, Cybercontract, Cyberprivacy, ITAct
BCA-102: PC Software Packages
DOS: Introduction, history & versions of DOS, DOS basics- Physical structure of disk, drive name, FAT, file & directory structure and naming rules, booting process, DOS system files, DOS commands- internal & external,
|UNIT-II||Windows Operating System : Windows concepts, Features, Windows Structure, Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu, My Computer, Recycle Bin, Windows Accessories- Calculator, Notepad, Paint, Wordpad, Character Map, Windows Explorer, Entertainment, Managing Hardware & Software- Installation of Hardware & Software, Using Scanner, System Tools, Communication, Sharing Information between programs|
|UNIT-III||Word Processing; MS-Word: Features, Creating, Saving and Opening Documents in Word, Interface, Toolbars, Ruler, Menus, Keyboard Shortcut, Editing, Previewing, Printing,& Formatting a Document, Advanced Features of MS Word, Find & Replace, Using Thesaurus, Using Auto- Multiple Functions, Mail Merge, Handling Graphics, Tables & Charts, Converting a word document into varipus formats like- Text, Rich Text format, Word perfect, HTML etc.|
|UNIT-IV||Worksheet- MS-Excel: Worksheet basics, creating worksheet, entering into worksheet, heading information, data, text, dates, alphanumeric values, saving & quitting worksheet, Opening and moving around in an existing worksheet, Toolbars and Menus, Keyboard shortcuts, Working with single and multiple workbook, working with formulae & cell referencing, Auto sum, Coping formulae, Absolute & relative addressing, Worksheet with ranges, formatting of worksheet, Previewing & Printing worksheet, Graphs and charts, Database, Creating and Using macros, Multiple worksheets- concepts, creating ndusing.|
Introduction to Power Point: Presentations, Creating, Manipulating & Enhancing Slides, Organizational Charts, Excel Charts, Word Art, Layering art Objects, Animations and Sounds, Inserting Animated Pictures or Accessing through Object, Inserting Recorded Sound Effect or In-Built Sound Effect. Other packages: DTP software: Brief survey of MS Publisher, Pagemaker, Coreldraw. Adobe Photoshop
Get Here: How to Prepare for Written Exam
BCA 103: Problem Solving through C Programming
Algorithm and algorithm development: Definition and properties of algorithm, flow chart symbols, conversion of flow chart to language, example of simple algorithms, Introduction to program design, errors – syntax error, runtime error, logic error.
|UNIT-IIBasics of C – Language: History, Constants – Integer, Real, Character; Variables and Keywords; Data types and size, constants, arrays, pointers, Operators – arithmetic, relational, logical, increment and decrement, bitwise and assignment, Hierarchy of Operators and Operations, Associativity of Operators, creation and evaluation of expressions.|
|UNIT-IIIControl Structure: Decision Structure: – Simple if, if – else, if – else – if, nested if, switch case; Loop Control Structure:- while , do while and for; Use of break, gotoandcontinue;|
|UNIT-IVFunctions: Function definition, declaration and prototypes, Call by Value and Call by Reference, Scope Rule of Functions.|
Complex C-Language: Variables – external, static, register; Recursive functions; multi – dimensional arrays; Pointers and arrays, pointer arrays, Structures – declaring and accessing elements, array of structure, File Input/Output – Create, Open, Read, Write, Delete, Close;
BCA – 104: Basic Physics
Basic Concepts : Definition of Science, engineering and technology. Importance of Mathematics and Physics in ICT. Units and Dimensions, MKSA Units, Idea of order of magnitude scale of Mass, time and length with examples. Measurement of length using vernier caliper and screw gauge, Newton’s laws of motion, physical quantities as scalars and vectors, vector addition, scalar and vector product of two vector, Brief idea of types of forces in nature, torque, rotational motion and moment of inertia, simple examples of conservation of energy, momentum and angularmomentum.
Optical instruments: Electromagnetic spectrum, frequency,wavelength and energy associated with electromagnetic radiation, formation of image by lens, eye, Sensitivity of eye to electromagnetic radiation, defects of vision, Brief understanding of telescope, microscope, eye pieces.
|Electrostatics: Concept of Potential and field due to a charge, Gauss’s law; dielectric constant, capacitance of a parallel plate condenser, energy stored in condenser, series and parallel combination of capacitances, types of capacitances used in electronic circuits, rating of capacitances.Current Electricity: Electric current, Ohm’s law, types of resistances and colour codes, Kirchhoff’s laws, analysis of simple circuits, Thevenin, Norton and maximum power transfer theorems, principle of potentiometer, magnetic effect of current, field due to circular current loop.|
|Transducers: Thermoelectric effect and thermocouples, thermisters, LDRs, piezo electric effect, speakers and mic, electro chemical effect, primary and secondary cells, batteries. Electrical rating of cells andbatteriesInteraction of magnetic field and current: for ce on current carrying conductor, moving coil galvanometer, conversion of galvanometer into ammeter and voltmeter, multimeter.|
|Electromagnetic induction: self and mutual inductances, chocks coil and transformers.AC circuits: peak and rms voltage and current, power factor, L-R, C-R and L-C-R curcuits with their phase diagrams, series and parallel resonant curcuits. AC &DC current, understanding electric power distribution in offices and houses, electrical safety,electric fuse, rating of electrical accessories. Importance of good earthing.Semiconductors: Qualitative description of energy bands, metals, insulators and semiconductors, n and p types of semiconductors, semiconductor p-n junction, metal semiconductor junction, current voltage characteristics of pn junction diode, half wave and full wave rectifiers, Zener diode and voltage regulation, LEDs, photo diode, and solarcell.|
Transistors: Definition, Current in bipolar junction transistor, Amplifier: Brief idea of CE,CC amplifier and its charactersistics, gain indecibels,Frequencyvs gain graph, cascading amplifiers, Oscillator: Brief idea about oscillators of different frequency range, Different types of wave forms. Brief introduction to Integrated circuits with scale of integration, Use of MOS and CMOS Transistors.
Lasers: Basic principle, He-Ne and semiconductor lasers, basic concepts of communication using optical fibers.
Brief idea of working and uses of Cathode ray Oscilloscope, Working principle of LCD and plasma devices, UPS, SMPS.
BCA 105: Basic Mathematics
Objectives: The aim of this course is to impart basic knowledge of Mathematics and its further application in various disciplines in computational sciences and technology. As Some of the students in BCA come from Arts , Commerce and Biology stream, Level of course is 12th standard.
Sets & Relations : Sets and elements, Equal sets, Universal set & Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagrams, Basic operations on sets, Union & Intersection, Complements, Difference, Symmetric Difference, Fundamental Products, Algebra of sets and Duality, Finite Sets, Counting Principle, Classes of sets, Power sets, Partitions, Mathematical Induction, Cartesian Products of Sets, Relations, Pictorial representations of Relations, Composition of relations, Types of relations, Equivalence Relations, Partial ordering relations.
|Unit-IIFunctions, Limts and Continuity : Functions, Kinds of Functions , Concept of real function, Domain and Range (simple cases), Composition Function, One-to-one, onto, into, invertible functions, Mathematical Functions , Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Graph of functions ( plotting of linear function, absolute value function, parabolic functions, Sin(x), Cos(x), tan(x), reciprocal function, ex , log x, Signum function), Polar coordinates and graph, Limit of variable, Limit of function, Evaluation of limits of various types of functions, Continuity & Discontinuity at a point, Continuity over aninterval. Trignometrical Functions: Definitions, proofs for any angle θ, signs of ratios, ratios of some standard angles.|
|Unit-IIIQuadratic Equation: Solution of Quadratic Equations, Nature of Roots. Co-ordinates and Loci: Cartesian co-ordinate system, Introduction to Polar coordinates, distance between two points, section formulae, Area of triangle, Locus and its Equation. 13 Straight Line: Equation of straight line parallel to an Axis, slope form, intercept form, through two point condition of concurrency of three lines.Matrices and Determinants : Definition and Types of Matrices, Addition , Subtraction and Multiplication of a Matrices, Scalar Multiplication, Transpose of Matrix, Determinants, Determinants of square matrix of order 1, 2 and 3, Area of a triangle, Solution of system of linear equations by Cramer’s Rule, Minors and Cofactors , Adjoint of a Matrix, Inverse of a Matrix(up to order 3)|
|Unit-IVDifferential Calculus: Derivative of a Function, Various Formulae-Product and Quotient Rule of Differentiation, Differentiation of Function of Function(chain rule), Trignometrical functions, Inverse Trignometrical functions, Exponential function, Logarithmic function, Implicit functions,Logarithmic Differentiation, Diffentiation of function w.r.t. another function, Higher Derivatives, Successive Differentiation, Liebnitz Theorem, Expansion of functions(up to 3 or 4 terms only) using Maclaurin’s and Taylor’s Theorem, Maxima and Minima (simple cases), Curve tracing (simple cases), Introduction to partial differentiation.|
Integral Calculus : Anti-Derivatives, Constant of integration, Indefinite integral, Elementary Integration Formulae, Methods of Integration, Integration by Substitution, Integration by parts, integration through partial fractions and rationalisation,
Concept of Definite integral, properties of definite integral, Integration of 0∫ π/2 Sinn x Cosm x using Gamma function. Area of Bounded Region, Circle, Parabola, Ellipse in standard form between two ordinates and x- axis.
BCA 106: Computer Organization
Overview of electronics:Electronic components – Register, Capacitor and Inductors, Semiconductor devices – Diodes, Transistors (BJT and FET).
Analog vs Digital electronics, Transistor as a switch. Integrated circuits, SSI, MSI, LSI, and VLSI circuits. Multivibrators – astable, bistable, monostable, counters ripple and decade, edge and level triggering.
|UNIT-IIBuilding blocks of computer system:Basic building blocks – I/O, Memory, ALU and its components, Control Unit and its functions, Instruction –word, Instruction and Execution cycle, branch, skip, jump and shift instruction, Operation of control registers; Controlling of arithmeticoperations;|
|UNIT-IIIAddressing techniques and registers:Addressing techniques – Direct, Indirect, Immediate, Relative, Indexed addressing and paging. Registers – Indexed, General purpose, Special purpose, overflow, carry, shift, scratch, Memory Buffer register; accumulators; stack pointers; floating point; status information and buffer registers.|
|UNIT-IVMemory:Main memory, RAM, static and dynamic, ROM, EPROM, EEPROM, EAROM, Cache and Virtual memory.|
Interconnecting System components: Buses, Interfacing buses, Bus formats – address, data and control, Interfacing keyboard, display, auxiliary storage devices and printers. I/O cards in personal computers. Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcontrollers: introduction to 8085 micropocesor, examples of few instructions to understand addressing techniques. Difference between microprocessor and microcontrollers
BCA 107: Practical I: PC Software and Basic Electronics Lab.
Experiments based on papers BCA 102 and BCA 106.
BCA 108: Practical II: C Programming Lab.
Experiments based on paper BCA 103 under Linux OS
B.C.A. Second Year Syllabus
(Effective from session 2016-17)
BCA 201: Computer Communications and Networking
- Protocol Architecture : Overview: Communication model, Communication Tasks, Data Communication Networking: WAN, LAN,Wireless Networks. Basics of Network Software: Protocol and protocol architecture, Protocol functions, Design Issues for the layers, interfaces &Services, Connection oriented and connectionless services, service primitives, relationship of services to protocols , ISO REF Models, TCP/IP Model.
- Data Communications: Data Transmission: Concepts of Frequency,Spectrum, bandwidth, Electromagnetic spectrum and frequencies for data communication, Fourier analysis , Data and signal, Transmission impairments, channel capacity, Nyquist bandwidth, Shannon capacity formula ,decibels and signal strength, Transmission media:Coaxial, twisted pair, Comparative study of Categories of cables, Coaxial, Optical Fibers, Wireless transmission: Terrestial Microwave, satellite, Broadcast Radio,Infrared,.
- Data Encoding: (Brief idea of NRZ, Bipolar AMI, B8ZS,HDB3, ASK ,FSK, PSK,PCM,AM,FM,PM), Spread Spectrum. Asynchrous and Synchronous transmission, Full and Half duplex, Interfacing, Functional and Procedural aspects of V.24,
- Data Link Control: Flow control: Stop and Wait, Sliding window, Error detection: Parity Check,CRC. Error control: Stop and Wait ARQ, Go back-N ARQ, Selective-Reject ARQ, Brief idea of HDLC and other Data Link control protocols
- Circuit Switching: Simple switching Network, Circuit Switching Networks, Brief idea of following (detail working) not required:
- Circuit Switching Concepts: Space Division switching, Time Division Multiplexing,Routing in circuit switching Networks, Control Signalling, Inchannel& common channel signaling, Brief idea of SS7. Packet Switching: Packet switching principles,Routing,X.25
- LAN Technology: LAN architecture, IEEE 802 standards, Ethernet ( CSMA/CD): Medium Access Control, 10Mbps, 100Mbps, Gigabit Ethernet. Brief survey of other LAN systems (Token ring,FDDI,ATM, Fiber channel). Wireless LANS, Bridges, Latest trends in LANtechnologies
- LAN Devices: Study of specifications of L2 and L3 switches, Structured cabling, Passive components.
Principles of Internetworking, connection less Internetworking, IP, IPv6, IP multicasting. Routing protocols, TCP, UDP, SNMP,SMTP and MIME, HTTP.
BCA- 202: Database Management Systems
- Introduction : Purpose of the data base system, data abstraction, data model, data independence, data definition language, data manipulation language, data base administrator, data base users, overall structure.
- ER Model : entities, mapping constrains, keys, E-R diagram, reduction E-R diagrams to tables, generatio, aggregation, design of an E-R database scheme.
- Relational Model : The catalog, base tables and views. Relational Data Objects – Domains and Relations: Domains, relations, kinds of relations, relations and predicates, relational databases.
- Relational Data Integrity – Candidate keys and related matters: Candidate keys. Primary and alternate keys. Foreign keys, foreign key rules, nulls. Candidate keys and nulls, foreign key and nulls
- The SQL Language: Data definition, retrieval and update operations. Table expressionsconditional expressions, embedded SQL.
- Views: Introduction, what are views for, data definition, data manipulation, SQL support.
- Network model : basic concepts, data structure diagrams, DBTG CODASYL model, DBTG data retrival facility, DBTG update facility, DBTG set processing facility, mapping networks to file, networks system.
- Hierarchical model : basic concepts, tree structure diagrams, data retrieval facility, update facility, virtual records, maping hierarchical to files, hierarchical system.
- File and system structure : overall system structure, file organisation, logical and physical file organization, sequential and random, hierarchical, inverted, nullist,indexing and hashing, B-tree index files.
BCA 203: Fundamentals of Operating Systems
Introduction: What is an operating system? Mainframe, desktop, multiprocessor, distributed, clustered, real-time and handheld systems.
Operating System Structures: System components, operating system services, system calls, systems programs, system structure, virtual machines.
|Process: Process concept, process scheduling, operations on processes, cooperating processes. Inter process communication. CPU Scheduling: Basic concepts, scheduling criteria, scheduling algorithms, algorithm evaluation.|
|Process Synchronization: The critical section problem, semaphores, classical problems of synchronization. Deadlocks: Deadlock characterization, methods for handling deadlocks. Deadlock prevention, avoidance and detection. Recovery from deadlocks.|
|Memory Management: Swapping, contiguous memory allocation, paging, segmentation, segmentation with paging. Virtual Memory: Demand paging, page replacement, allocation of frames, thrashing|
Linux: History, design principles, kernel modules, process management, scheduling, memory management, file systems, input and output, inter process communication, network structure, security.
BCA 204: Data Structures using C
|UNIT-I Linear Structure|
Arrays, records, stack, operation on stack, implementation of stack as an array, queue, operations on queue, implementation of queue.
|UNIT-II Linked Structure||List representation, operations on linked list – get node and free node operation, implementing the list operation, inserting into an ordered linked list, deleting, circular linked list, doubly linked list.|
|UNIT-III Tree Structure||Binary search tree, inserting, deleting and searching into binary search tree, implementing the insert, search and delete algorithms, tree traversals|
|UNIT-IV Graph Structure||Graph representation – Adjacency matrix, adjacency list, adjacency multilist representation. Orthogonal representation of graph . Graph traversals – bfs and dfs. Shortest path, all pairs of shortest paths, transitive closure, reflexive transitive closure.|
|UNIT-V Searching and sorting|
Searching – sequential searching, binary searching, hashing. Sorting – selection sort, bubble sort, quick sort, heap sort, merge sort, and insertion sort, efficiency considerations.
BCA 205: Business Organization and Management
|UNIT – I||Business and Management: Business Meaning and Contents, Business as a system, Business Environment. Management Concept and Nature, Management Process, Basic function of Management, Management Level, Role of Manager, Management Principles (Henry fayol’s principle of management, Taylor’s Scientific Management) .|
|UNIT – II||Organizational Behaviour: Need of Understanding human behaviour in organization, Challenges and Opportunities for OB. Management by Objective (MBO), Decision making process and models, Conflict Management, Strategies & Policies.|
|UNIT- III||Managing Personnel: HRM- Meaning and Functions, Man Power Planning, Job Analysis and Design, Training, Career Planning & Development. Motivation Theories & Practices, Leadership Concept theories & Style, Compensation Management.|
|UNIT- IV||Marketing Management and Finance: Basic Concepts of Marketing, Nature & Scope of Marketing, Sales Promotion, Product Life Cycle, Marketing Information System (MIS) and Marketing Research. Main Sources of Finance, Concept of Fixed & Working Capital, Introduction of Tax – Income Tax, Service Tax & VAT, Basic Concept of Invoice & Quotations.|
|UNIT- V||Case Study: IT & BPO Industry, HR & Finance, Case Study of Local Industry with around Hundred Employees, Industry Visit, Project.|
BCA 206: Business Communications
|Concepts and Fundamentals|
Meaning of communication, Importance of communication, Communication scope, Process of communication, Communication models and theories, Essentials of good communication – The seven Cs of communication, Factors responsible for growing importance of communication, Channels of communication, Verbal and Non-Verbal communication Formal and Informal communication Barriers of communication
Objectives of written Communication, Media of written communication, Merits and demerits of written communication, Planning business messages
Business letters, Office memorandum , Good news and bad news letters , Persuasive letters , Sales letters , Letter styles/ layout.
Meaning & Definition, Types of report (Business report & Academic report) ,Format of report, Drafting the report ,Layout of the report, Essential requirement of good report writing.
Improving command in English ,Choice of words, Common problems with verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, punctuation, prefix, suffix etc.
Principles of effective oral communication, Media of oral communication, Advantages of oral communication, Disadvantages of oral communication, Styles of oral communication. Interviews
Meaning & Purpose, Art of interviewing, Types of interview, Interview styles, Essential Features, Structure , Guidelines for Interviewer, Guide lines for interviewee.
|Arts of Listening||Good listening for improved communications, Art of listening, Meaning, nature and importance of listening, Principles of good listening, Barriers in listening.|
Definition, Kind of meetings, Advantages and disadvantages of meetings/ committees, Planning and organisation of meetings.
Types of application, Form & Content of an application, Drafting the application, Preparation of resume.
|Project Presentations||Advantages & Disadvantages, Executive Summary, Charts, Distribution of time (presentation, questions & answers, summing up), Visual presentation, Guidelines for using visual aids, Electronic media (power-point presentation).|
Definition of negotiation, Factors that can influence negotiation, What skills do we need to negotiate, Negotiation process (preparation, proposals, discussions, bargaining, agreement, implementation).
BCA 207: Practical I: Database Management & Data Structure Lab.
Experiments based on the paper BCA 202. & 204
BCA 208: Practical II: Business Communications Lab
Experiments based on the paper BCA 206.
Third Year B.C.A.
(Effective from Session 2016-17)
BCA 301: Object Oriented Programming using C++
- UNIT – I Different paradigms for problem solving, need for OOP, differences between OOP and procedure oriented programming, abstraction, overview of OOP principlesencapsulation, inheritance and data binding polymorphism.abstraction. C++ basics: structure of a C++ program, data types, declaration of variables, expressions, operators, type conversions, pointers and arrays, strings, structures, references, flow control statement, functions-scope of variables, parameter passing, recursive functions, default arguments, inline functions, dynamic memory allocation and deallocation operators.
- UNIT – II C++ classes and data abstraction: class definition, class structure, class objects, class scope, this pointer, static class members, constant member functions, constructors and destructors, dynamic creation and destruction of objects, friend function and class, static class member. Overloading : function overloading, operator overloading – unary, binary operators.
- UNIT – III Inheritance: defining a class hierarchy, different forms of inheritance, defining the base and derived classes, access to the base class members, base and derived class construction, destructors, virtual base class. Polymorphism: static and dynamic bindings, base and derived class virtual functions, dynamic binding through virtual functions, virtual function call mechanism, pure virtual functions, abstract classes, implications of polymorphic use of classes, virtual destructors.
- UNIT – IV Templates – function templates and class templates, overloading of function template, static class member in class template. Exception handling: benefits of exception handling, throwing an exception, the try block, catching an exception, exception objects, exception specifications, rethrowing an exception, catching all exceptions.
- UNIT-V File handling : stream classes hierarchy, stream I/O, file streams, opening and closing data file, creating a data file, read and write functions, error handling during file operations, formatted I/O, sequential and random file processing. Standard template library (STL): component of STL, containers, iterartors, algorithms, application of container classes.
BCA 302: Visual Programming
WINDOWS PROGRAMMING Windows environment – a simple windows program – windows and messages – creating the window – displaying the window – message loop – the window procedure – message processing – text output – painting and repainting – introduction to GDI – device context 4.basic drawing – child windowcontrols
|UNIT-II||VISUAL C++ PROGRAMMING – INTRODUCTION Application Framework – MFC library – Visual C++ Components – Event Handling – Mapping modes – colors – fonts – modal and modeless dialog – windows common controls – bitmaps|
|UNIT-III||THE DOCUMENT AND VIEW ARCHITECTURE Menus – Keyboard accelerators – rich edit control – toolbars – status bars – reusable frame window base class – separating document from its view – reading and writing SDI and MDI documents – splitter window and multiple views – creating DLLs – dialog based applications|
|UNIT-IV||ACTIVEX AND OBJECT LINKING AND EMBEDDING (OLE) ActiveX controls Vs. Ordinary Windows Controls – Installing ActiveX controls – Calendar Control – ActiveX control container programming – create ActiveX control at runtime – Component Object Model (COM) – containment and aggregation Vs. inheritance – OLE drag and drop – OLE embedded component and containers – sample applications|
ADVANCED CONCEPTS Database Management with Microsoft ODBC – Structured Query Language – MFC ODBC classes – sample database applications – filter and sort strings – DAO concepts – displaying database records in scrolling view – Threading – VC++ Networking issues – Winsock – WinInet – building a web client – Internet Information Server – ISAPI server extension – chat application – playing and multimedia (sound and video) files
BCA303: Information Security &Cryptography
|Overview of cryptography : Need of security, cryptographic goals, security approaches, basic terminology and concepts, symmetric key encryption – block cipher and stream cipher, substitution cipher and transposition ciphers, key space, public key cryptography, symmetric key v/s public key cryptography. Protocols and mechanisms, key management through symmetric key and public key techniques, attacks on encryption schemes, attacks on protocols, models for evaluating security, perspective for computational security.|
|UNIT-II||Pseudorandom bits and sequences : Random bit generation – hardware based generator and software based generator, tests for measuring randomness – frequency, serial, poker, runs and autocorrelation test. Blum-Blum-Shub pseudorandom bit generator. Stream ciphers: Classification, one time pad, properties of synchronous and selfsynchronizing stream cipher, linear and nonlinear feedback shift registers, stream ciphers based on LFSRs and its property, SEAL.|
|UNIT-III||Block ciphers : Modes of operation – ECB, CBC, CFB and OFB mode, exhaustive key search and multiple encryption, classical ciphers – transposition and substitution based ciphers, Vigenere ciphers, cryptanalysis of classical ciphers, Data Encryption Standard algorithm, double and triple DES, IDEA, Advance encryption standard, comparison of block ciphers, differential and linear cryptanalysis. Public key encryption : Overview of symmetric key cryptography, RSA algorithm, EIGmal encryption, Knapsack encryption algorithm. public key cryptography standard (PKCS), PKI and security.|
|UNIT-IV||28 Message and Users authentication : One way hash functions, message digest, MD5 algorithm, secure hash algorithm (SHA1), comparison between different message digest algorithm, message authentication code. Users authentication : authentication basics, password, authentication tokens, certificate based authentication, biometric authentication, Kerberos, Single sign on approach.|
Digital signature: digital envelope, classification of digital signature schemes – appendix and message recovery, attacks on signature. Key management techniques: simple key establishment models, tradeoffs among key establishing protocols, techniques for distributing confidential key, techniques for distributing public keys, comparison of techniques for distributing public keys, key management involving multiple domains, key management life cycle.
BCA 304: System Analysis and Design
- UNIT-I Introduction: System Concept and the need for system approach, Definition of system and system analysis, Factoring into subsystems, Black box system, Introduction to the basic elements of the system, Different types and behaviour of the system.
- UNIT-II The System Development Life Cycle and System Analyst: Source and inspiration of a new system development, Recognition and need, Linear approach and prototype approach, Different phases in SDLC, Role of System Analyst.
- UNIT-III System Analysis: Importance of planning and control, Information Gathering: Various Methods, Tools of Structured Analysis: DFD, Decision Tree, Structured English, Decision Tables, Data Dictionary, Feasibility study. System Design: The Process of Design: Logical and Physical design, Methodologies: Structured, Form-Driven, IPO Charts etc., Input Output Form Design, File Organization: Sequential Indexed, inverted list, Database Design, Logical and Physical View of Data.
- UNIT-IV System Implementation: Need of Testing, Test Plan, Quality Assurance, Trends in Testing, Audit Trail, Post Implementation Review, Project Scheduling, Selection of Hardware and Software
- UNIT-V Security and Recovery in System Development: System Security: Definition, Threats to system security, Control measures, Disaster/ Recovery Planning, Ethics in System Development. Case Study.
BCA 305: Web Technology
UNIT I INTRODUCTION History of the Internet and World Wide Web – HTML 4 protocols – HTTP, SMTP, POP3, MIME, IMAP. Introduction to JAVA Scripts – Object Based Scripting for the web. Structures – Functions – Arrays –Objects.
UNIT II DYNAMIC HTML Introduction – Object refers, Collectors all and Children. Dynamic style, Dynamic position, frames, navigator, Event Model – On check – On load – Onenor – Mouse rel – Form process – Event Bubblers – Filters – Transport with the Filter – Creating Images – Adding shadows – Creating Gradients – Creating Motion with Blur – Data Binding – Simple Data Binding – Moving with a record set – Sorting table data – Binding of an Image and table.
UNIT- III MULTIMEDIA Audio and video speech synthesis and recognition – Electronic Commerce – E-Business Model – E- Marketing – Online Payments and Security – Web Servers – HTTP request types – System Architecture – Client Side Scripting and Server side Scripting – Accessing Web servers – IIS – Apache web server.
UNIT -IV DATABASE- ASP – XML Database, Relational Database model – Overview, SQL – ASP – Working of ASP – Objects – File System Objects – Session tracking and cookies – ADO – Access a Database from ASP – Server side Active-X Components – Web Resources – XML – Structure in Data – Name spaces – DTD – Vocabularies – DOM methods.
UNIT- V SERVLETS AND JSP Introduction – Servlet Overview Architecture – Handling HTTP Request – Get and post request – redirecting request – multi-tier applications – JSP – Overview – Objects – scripting – Standard Actions – Directives. Brief survey of Web 2.0 technologies, introduction to Semantic web and other current technologies
BCA 306: Practical I: C++ Programming & Network security
Experiments based on the paper BCA 301 & BCA 303.
BCA 307: Practical II: Visual Programming & Web Designing Lab.
Experiments based on the paper BCA 302 and BCA 305.
BCA 308: PROJECT
- In house project must be done by each student on simple applications using any computer language/ RDBMS/ Web design/visual programming etc. The total work must be of minimum 180 hours per student. The internal guide must schedule the work & evaluate internally from time to time. The project report must be prepared for the external examination. Monthly report of the students must be taken to monitor progress and must be placed for evaluation by external examiner.
- Projects submitted by the students shall be evaluated during external evaluation to ensure independent contribution and proficiency acquired by thestudents. Note: Students must be allotted projects in the beginning of the session. Candidates submitting ready made projects/copied/ projects developed by professionals in the market etc shall be awarded zero marks.
- Two copies of the project report and the software developed must be submitted to the external examiner. One copy of the project shall be returned to the student with the signature of external examiner.
How to get MLSU Syllabus 2021?
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.mlsu.ac.in
- After reaching the homepage go to the Student Corner and then hit on Syllabus link available in the examinations section
- Once you hit a new page will come out along with a dialog box.
- Now select program i.e. UG/PG/Diploma
- Select Course and then select the semester also
- Once you select all the choices a row will appear along with a download link.
- Hit on the course link and then a PDF will appear along with the syllabi
- Check out the course outline and then download it
- At last take a print out of it and keep it safe for further usage.
Check Here: MLSU Result
Students May Also Search Related To:
- MLSU Syllabus B.ED
- MLSU Syllabus B.Com 1st Year
- MLSU Syllabus B.Sc 1st Year
- MLSU Syllabus B.A
- MLSU Commerce Syllabus
- MLSU Course Syllabus
- MLSU CBCS Syllabus
- mlsu.ac.in syllabus
- MLSU PGDCA Syllabus
- MLSU RET Syllabus
Candidates who are interested in availing more information considering the MLSU Syllabus 2021 may also go through this Official Link. Dear aspirants if you want to ask any question regarding the details given here then you can write your comments in below stated comment box.