NTA NEET Exam Pattern
NTA NEET Exam Pattern 2023 is decided by the exam conducting authority that is National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET is knows as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Through this exam, candidates will get admission in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of the country. NTA NEET Exam is a national level entrance test to be organized in 11 languages.
Here on this page of recruitmentresult.com we have providing detailed information regarding NEET 2023 Exam Pattern, Paper Mode, No of Question, Marking Scheme. NTA NEET Exam Pattern contains the type of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. o, check from here.
Overview of NTA NEET 2023:
|Name of Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|NTA NEET Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
NEET Exam Pattern Online or Offline 2023:
NEET Entrance exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen-paper based) and covers all the topics and syllabus from class 11 and class 12 of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. There are total of 180 questions in exam.
NEET Exam Pattern
Highlights of NEET 2023 Exam Pattern:
|NEET No of Questions||180|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
|No. of questions in each section|
|Marking Scheme||+ 4 for correct answer|
-1 for incorrect answer
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen- paper based Test)|
|NEET Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Aggregate Score Calculation||Total number of correct answers X 4|
Total number of incorrect answers X 1
NEET UG Exam Pattern 2023:
There will be 180 questions in the examination from which 45 will be from Physics and 45 will be from Chemistry and rest 90 will be from Biology
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
NEET Paper Pattern in Detail:
NEET Mode of Exam:
- The examination will be given in paper pen mode.
- A ball –point pen can only be used to mark answers in the OMR Sheet.
- The stationery will be provided to candidates inside the examination hall.
Number of questions:
- NEET 2023 question booklet will consist of 180 questions from all the three subjects.
- Physics and Chemistry section will consist of 45 questions each, while, Biology section will comprise of 90 questions.
Types of questions:
- There will be Objective type questions in the NEET 2018 question paper; each question will have 4 alternative answers.
- Candidate needs to choose and one answer as the right one.
- The questions in the examination will belong to the NEET Syllabus prescribed by the examination authorities.
NEET Exam Duration:
Candidates will be given 180 minutes i.e. 03 hours to complete the whole examination
- There are eight vernacular languages (apart from English and Hindi) in which the NEET Question paper will be prepared.
- The eight vernacular languages are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada.
- The language of question paper will be based on the language they chose at the time of filling up the examination form.
- There will be multiple choice questions in NEET Booklet and all the questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The standard of questions will be as same as taught during 10+2/HSC level from books of council like NCERT, CBSE.
NEET Marking Scheme:
- According to NEET Paper Structure, each question in NEET 2023 Exam will be of 4 marks.
- For each right answer candidates will be awarded with 4 positive marks and it candidates give wrong answer then 1 mark will be deducted from the positive marks.
|Each correct response||+4|
|Each incorrect response||-1|
|Unmarked questions||No marks|
Must Know: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Language of NEET Question Paper:
|English and Hindi||All examination cities|
|English, Hindi and Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English, Hindi and Bengali||West Bengal|
|English, Hindi and Kannada||Karnataka|
|English, Hindi and Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|English, Hindi and Tamil||Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi and Marathi||Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi and Assam||Assam|
|English, Hindi and Oriya||Odisha|
Check NEET Related Links:
|NEET Result||Get Details|
|NEET Admit Card||Get Details|
|NEET Application Form||Get Details|
|NEET Counseling||Get Details|
|NEET Question Paper||Get Details|
|NEET Syllabus||Get Details|
|NEET Login||Get Details|
|NEET Exam Pattern||Get Details|
|NEET Mock Test||Get Details|
|NEET Books||Get Details|
|NEET Coaching||Get Details|
|NEET Eligibility||Get Details|
|NEET UG Syllabus||Get Details|
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Q1- How many marks is the NEET exam?
Ans: NEET exam is of 720 marks.
Q2-Is there any negative marking in NEET 2023?
Ans: There is negative marking of 1 mark in NEET exam.
Q3–What are the subjects in NEET exam?
Ans: There are 4 subjects in NEET that is Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
Q4-How many questions are there in NEET exam?
Ans: NEET 2023 question booklet will consist of 180 questions from all the three subjects. Physics and Chemistry section will have 45 questions each, while, Biology section will comprise of 90 questions.
Q5- What is the pass mark for NEET exam?
Ans: Candidates must score 180 out of 720 marks that is 40% which is the minimum mark a student must score to pass the NEET Entrance exam.
Q6- Will NEET have descriptive questions?
Ans: NEET only has Multiple Choice Questions as of now.
Check Here: How Do Toppers Study?
NEET Exam Pattern Download Here:
NEET exam is gateway to get admission into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government as well as private medical colleges of the country. So candidates who wish to apply for NEET exam must check NEET Exam Pattern or NEET entrance exam Paper Pattern and prepare accordingly.
Candidates who wish to apply for NEET exam must check NEET Exam Pattern and prepare accordingly. With the help of Exam Pattern of NEET, candidates will also get the details about the marks distribution of each chapter in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.