Patna University Syllabus
Those candidates who are going to appear in Patna University UG/PG Exams can find the Patna University Syllabus 2023 from this page. So, candidates can secure good marks in Exams by preparing according to Patna University UG/PG Courses Exam Syllabi PDF available here.
Candidates who are studying in UG/ PG Programs can get their syllabus for all semesters and years in the form of PDF by directly visiting to the links given on this page. Students must check the Revised Patna University Syllabus 2023 from here and must cover all the topics of scheme for better preparations.
Patna University 2023 Admission Overview:
|Name Of University
|Under graduate/ post graduate
|Mode To Apply
|Last Date To Patna University Admission Apply Online
|07 July 2023
|Patna University Syllabus 2023
Patna University Syllabus
Patna University Syllabus for BA/B.Sc Statistics) Honours Courses
PAPER I (Theory) (75 Marks)
The examinees will be required to answer 5 out of l0 questions selecting at least two from each Group.
Group A: General Statistics (six Questions)
- Definition of statistics and its application in various fields Frequency distribution.
- Measures of location and dispersion. Moment, Skewness and Kurtosis and their measures.
- Regression and the principle of least square, Correlation coefficient, Rank correlation coefficients, Intra-class correlation coefficient, Correlation Ratio, Partial and Multiple Correlation and Regression for n variables.
- Theory of Attributes including measures of association.
Must Read: How Do Toppers Study?
Group B: Numerical Analysis (Four Questions)
- Introduction to difference operators and their relationship, Interpolation with equal as well as unequal intervals, Newton’s and Lagrange’s formulae-their derivation and uses, Central difference formulae, Gauss’s Forward and Backward formulae, Stirling’s and Bessel’s formulae, Zero differences.
- Numerical integration – Trapezoidal, Simpson’s one – third, three-eight and weddle’s rules Euler -Maclaurin formulae.
PAPER II (Theory) (75 marks)
The examinees will be enquired to answer 5 out of l0 questions in this paper.
- Probability and probability distribution Algebra of sets, Set Functions.
- Probability as set functions, Probability as set function Critical evaluation of various definitions of probability Random variables.
- Probability density function, Distribution function, Generating function – PGF, MGF and CF.
- Mathematical expectation, Conditional probability, Marginal and Conditional distributions, Stochastic Independence, Some special distribution viz- Binomial, Poisson, Geometric, Negative Binomial, Multinomial, Hypergeomtric, Rectangular, Normal, Exponential, Tchebychev, Inequality.
- Stochastic convergence, Weak law of large numbers, Central limit theorem (Lindberge Lavy’s versions).
Also Check: How to Prepare for Written Exam
PAPER – III (Theory)
The examinees will be required to answer 5 out of 10 questions, selecting at least one question from each group
GROUP A: NUMERICAL ANALYSIS II (THREE QUESTIONS)
lnverse interpolation solutions of algebraic and transcendental equations, Difference equations with coefficients, Simple cases of numerical solutions of differential equation – Euler and modified Euler’.
GROUP B: SAMPLING DISTRIBUTION (FOUR QUESTIONS)
Concept of sampling Distribution. Gamma and Beta distribution, X2 distribution, Distribution of Sampling mean and variance, Students & Snedecors’ F distributions and their inter-relations, Distributions of correlation coefficient in a random sample from an uncorrelated population, Non central X2 Distribution.
Press Here: Patna University Syllabus Official Link
GROUP C: STANDARD ERRORS AND TEST OF SIGNIFICANCE (THREE QUESTIONS)
Standard errors of sample proportion and mean, Large sample test of significance of proportion and mean. Test of significance based on X-, t and F distribution, fisher Z – transformation and test of significance of sample correlation coefficient from a correlated population.
PAPER IV (Theory) (75 Marks)
The examinees will be required to answer 5 questions selecting at least two from each group.
GROUP A – Design of Experiment (Five Questions)
Principles of experimentation. Meaning and purpose of randomization, replication and local control, Analysis of variance, Fixed and random effect models, Lay out and analysis of Completely randomized, randomized Block and Calm square designs, Missing plot technique when one observation is missing. Factorial experiment including two & three factors each at 2 levels, Confouading: Total, Partial and Balanced.
GROUP B – Sample Survey (Five Questions)
Sample survey versus complete enumeration, problems connected with sampling at the stage of planning, execution and analysis of large scale sample survey. Simple random sampling, Stratified random sampling, Cluster sampling with equal cluster size. Systematic sampling. Two stage sampling, Ratio and regression methods of estimation. Sources of errors in sample surveys.
Check below Patna University Links 2021:
|Patna University Admission
|Patna University Result
How to Download Patna University Syllabus?
- Visit to the official website that is www.patnauniversity.ac.in
- Follow “Programmes/ Courses” from menu bar.
- A drop-down list will be appeared in front of your computer screen.
- Choose suitable course and press on it.
- Select appropriate link and press on “Download” link given under “Syllabi” option.
- Now download Patna University Exam Syllabus PDF on your system screen.
Patna University Exam Syllabus:
Candidates are advised to prepare with all the topics of syllabus for better preparations which will surely help them in securing excellent grades in exams. Candidates can obtain the syllabus of particular course through the above given table or you can also get it through the official website of university for which you can use the above mentioned easy steps.
Patna University Syllabus Official Link:
|Patna University Bachelor’s degree Syllabus
|Patna University D.Lit. / D.Sc. Syllabus
|Patna University Ph.D. Syllabus
|Patna University Master’s Degree Syllabus
|Patna University PG Diploma Syllabus
|Patna University UG Advance Diploma/ Diploma/ Certificate Syllabus
Preparation Tips for Patna University Exams 2023:
- You must check the Patna University Syllabus and analyze the syllabus accurately and know the topics and chapters.
- Understand the previously studied concepts.
- You need to make notes and mention the important points /formulas in these notes.
- Solve sample papers to know about the type of questions asked in the exam.
Aspirants who want to get other information about Patna University Syllabus 2023 they may check this Official Link.