SSC CGL General Awareness
The most important section of the SSC CGL 2021 examination is the General Awareness. SSC CGL General Awareness 2021 is the scoring topic in Combined Graduate Level Exam that must be concentrated or focused by the exam aspirants. SSC CGL Tier I exam is organized from 13th August to 24th August 2021.
For the convenience of aspirants, check here updated Tier I/II/III tips/tricks; quiz and SSC CGL study material and get highest score in exam. From this article, you can check into the topics and important questions that appear in the SSC CGL General Awareness Syllabus.
SSC CGL Exam Dates 2021:
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Graduate Level Examination Tier 1, 2|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date||13th August to 24th August 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date||to be notified|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Date||to be notified|
|SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Date||to be notified|
SSC CGL General Awareness
SSC CGL Important Information:
|Tier||Type Of Exam||Mode Of Exam|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Mode (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based Mode (Online)|
|Tier-III||Objective Multiple Choice||Pen & Paper Mode (Offline)|
|Tier-IV||Skill Test: Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)||Wherever Applicable (Not necessary for all posts)|
|Document Verification||Applicable for all posts|
Day 1: 13th August 2021: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam
1- Electron Volt is the unit of
Answer: Electron volt, unit of energy commonly used in atomic and nuclear physics, equal to the energy gained by an electron (a charged particle carrying unit electronic charge) when the electrical potential at the electron increases by one volt. The electron volt equals 1.602 × 10−12 erg, or 1.602 × 10−19 joule.
2- Which of the following is a part of Kidney?
Answer: Each kidney has an outer layer called the cortex, which contains filtering units. The center part of the kidney, the medulla (pronounced: meh-DUH-luh), has fan-shaped structures called pyramids.
3- Capital of New Zealand:
4- Chandan Yatra is organized in:
Answer: The Chandan Yatra is organized in a tank in Puri.
5- Siju bird sanctuary is located in which state?
6- Arthika Spandana Scheme launched in which state?
7- Planning Commission of India formation:
Answer: 15 March 1950, New Delhi
8- Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA) founded in which year?
Answer: Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA) was a revolutionary organization established in 1928 at Feroz Shah Kotla in New Delhi by Chandrasekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and others. The sudden withdrawal of the Non-Cooperation movement led to a political vacuum which resulted in the formation of revolutionary movements by some freedom fighters. Some of them associated with HSRA were Bhagat Singh, Ram Prasad Bismil, SC Bose, Laxmi Sahgal, etc.
9- Who wrote Kitab al hind?
10- Ganeshi Lal is governor of which state?
Answer: Ganeshi Lal (born 1 March 1942) is an Indian politician and the incumbent Governor of Odisha.
11- What is the national game of Thailand?
Answer: The traditional martial art of Thai boxing (muay Thai) is Thailand’s national sport.
12- Where was the 2nd Round Table Conference held?
Answer: The second Round Table Conference was held in London from 7 September 1931 to 1 December 1931 with the participation of Gandhi and the Indian National Congress.
13- How many districts are there in MP?
Answer: There are 53 districts in Madhya Pradesh divided in ten divisions.
14- Question related to Dayanand Saraswati:
Answer: Dayananda Saraswati was an Indian philosopher, social leader and founder of the Arya Samaj, a reform movement of the Vedic dharma. He was the first to give the call for Swaraj as “India for Indians” in 1876, a call later taken up by Lokmanya Tilak.
15- Antonyms of Gradual
Answer: sudden, abrupt
16- Antonyms of Seize
Answer: free · give · let go · loose · loosen · unfasten · liberate
17- Idiom Meaning: Raise the Bar
Answer: To raise the bar means to set a high standard and to raise expectations.
18- Van Dhan Yojana started in which state?
Answer: Manipur emerges as the model state for Van Dhan Vikas Yojana. Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana or Van Dhan Scheme was launched on 14th April 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs as a nodal department at the central level and TRIFED as nodal agency at the national level.
19- What is convection?
Answer: the process in which heat moves through a gas or a liquid as the hotter part rises and the cooler, heavier part sinks.
20- PM after Morarji Desai:
Answer: Charan Singh
21- Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020:
Answer: Raj Kamal Jha – The winner of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020 is The City and the Sea by Raj Kamal Jha, a novel based on the atrocious (Nirbhaya) case of sexual assault and murder, that brought India together in a moral frenzy.
22- Unit of momentum:
Answer: The units for momentum would be mass units times velocity units. The standard metric unit of momentum is the kg m/s.
23- Digital India was launched in which year?
24- AB De Villiers is related to which IPL team?
Answer: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
25- In the south which river is called Ganga?
Answer: Kaveri River – Daksina Ganga (“Ganges of the South”)
Overall Analysis of General Awareness for SSC CGL tier 1
The structure asked is as follows-
- Static GK- 59 %
- Science & Technology- 36 %
- Miscellaneous- 5 % (miscellaneous topics are mentioned below)
(Indian + World)
|Science & Technology|
People in News,
Check Now: Prohibited Materials in SSC Exam
Important Topics For SSC CGL General Awareness
|Gravity||Uses, Common Names and|
Composition of Various
|Parts of Plant &|
|Motion||Alloys||Parts of Human|
Body & their
|Work||Definition Based Questions|
|Basics of Animal|
|Pressure||SI units||Diseases, Prevention|
|Chemical Change &|
|Nutrients & Deficiency|
|Sound||Chemistry in Everyday|
|Ancient History||Medieval History||Modern History|
Expansion of the
|European Penetration &|
British Conquest of India
in the Fifteenth &
|The Mauryans||Mughal Dynasty||Social & Cultural|
Awakening in India
|Later Mughals||The Great Revolt of|
|The Gupta Period||The Maratha State||Indian National Congress|
1905-1918: Growth of
|–||–||Struggle for Swaraj – I,|
1919 – 1927
|–||–||Struggle for Swaraj – II,|
|–||–||Indian Princely States|
|Movement Of Earth||Winds||Soils In India|
|Interior Of Earth||Ocean & Ocean|
|Solar System||Habitats||Mineral Resources|
|Forests In India|
|All you need to|
know about States
|Rivers In India||World Geo. Facts I.E.|
Continents in the
|Framing Of The|
|Sources Of Indian|
|Schedules & Parts|
|Chief Minsters||Comptroller Auditor|
|Emergency In India||Bills||High Court|
|Commissions||Prime Minister &|
|Population Census||State Animals and Symbols|
|Oscar Winners||Nobel Laureates & their Fields|
|Important Books & Authors||Famous Sea Ports, Airports|
and their locations
|Union Budget, Demonetization|
and Economic Survey
|First in Sports for India and|
World like First Olympics, First
Asian Games etc.
|Important Institutions of India|
and World & their locations
(like BRICS, World Bank, IMF
and RBI etc.)
|Indian Art & Culture, Awards &|
|Computer & Mobile Technology|
|Development of Computers||Memory|
|Input & Output Devices||Abbreviations|
START Now: SSC Online Test Series
Previous Year SSC CGL GA GK Question Asked:
The questions related to General Awareness asked in SSC CGL 2020 (03rd March 2020) are below:
- CM of Punjab?
- Chief Justice of India:
- Founder of Gupta Dynasty
- Author of An Era of Darkness
- Padma Shri for Archery
- CM of Chhattisgarh: Bhupesh Baghel
- Revrse Repo Rate
- President of Sri Lanka: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Thomas British Emperor came in the reign of which Mughal emperor?
- Which player played double century in continuously 4 test match?
- GST on Lottery
- One Question Marsh Mission
- Who got Sahitya Akademi Awards in 2019?
- Where is Humpy?
- Who inaugurated Kartarpur Corridor?
The questions related to General Awareness asked in SSC CGL 2020 (04th March 2020) are below:
- Article related to untouchability: Article 17
- Capital of Magadh
- 2 Question related to Harshvardhan
- One Question related to Red algae.
- Chief of the Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane
- One Question related to GDP Growth.
- Article related to Discrimination: Article 15
- Layer of Moon
- One Question related to Temple
- Gol Gumbaz is located in
- One Question related to Indus River
- One Question related to Gupta Dynsty
- One Question related to Vitamine K
- Xerophthalmia due to
The questions related to General Awareness asked in SSC CGL 2020 (05th March 2020) are below:
- One question related to place built by Sawai Jai Singh?
- Gandhiji started the Quit India movement from which place?
- One ques related to Tamil Nadu temple. When was it built?
- One question related to Avogadro’s law
- vWhich Award Bumrah got in 2019?
- 5 Rath in Mahabalipuram was built by which Vansh?
- One question from Odissa Yatra.
- Who is the Governer Jammu Kashmir?
- If 2 or more than 2 element mix together, then what will form?
- Alai Darwaza built by whom?
- One question related to Hyderabad Fund.
- Where is BCCI headquarter located?
- One question asked from dispersion
- Which city is known as Golden City
- One question from Article 33A
- Which vitammin defieciency cause Aneamia?
- 3 questions were asked from economics.
The questions related to General Awareness asked in SSC CGL 2020 (06th March 2020) are below:
- When was Swaraj Party Established?
- When was Luickhnow Pact signed?
- What is Article 21 related to?
- Mehrunisa is the wife of?
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves Location?
- Who elects the Governor?
- Jaikawadi Dam
- Effect of Inflation on repo rate?
- CR Formula
- Viral Fever
- Who wins gold at the junior Wrestling World Championship?
- Madari Sport is from which state
How To Prepare For SSC CGL General Awareness?
Furthermore, General Awareness is the slightest prolonged section. You can attempt questions from this section rapidly & precisely which won’t consume much of your time. Well, if you are still worried and thinking about How To Prepare For General Awareness for SSC CGL, then go through the below given tips:
- Read Newspaper: Reading Newspaper is boring for some of you but we must say that academic journal has the synopsis of the world happening. In the newspaper, you can find all the sufficient information. Reading is very helpful to learn anything new. So read the newspaper on regular basis.
- Attend Online Test Series: The best way to improve your skills is to test yourself. Join the best test series online which is completely same as the online examination. You should read daily current affairs 2021 which helps you to know all the latest updates.
- E-News: If you do not like to read the newspaper, then you can go for the E- news. You can read e-news wherever in your laptop or your phone. You can look through current affairs daily on the internet where you can find the number of global happenings which will be sufficient for the exam point of view.
- Go Through The Headlines: We are suggesting you that you do not need to go through the whole newspaper only headlines are sufficient. Most of the question asked is from the Headlines only. You can also accede General Awareness in Hindi which is obtainable online to read.
- Keep Yourself Update: The traditional events like Olympics, cricket, the declaration by the government, New policies are most relevant topics which frequently come in exam.
- Maintain Short Notes: You cannot commit to memory all the news in your head. It is unfeasible for all human beings. So it is better to make short notes and revise them every day. This is the best way to solve the problem of memorizing.
Important Links Related to SSC CGL
|SSC CGL Exam Notification||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Salary||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Paper||Get Details|
|How To Prepare For SSC CGL 2021||Get Details|
|Best Books For SSC CGL||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Cut Off||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Syllabus||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Maths Syllabus||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Mock Test||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Interview Questions||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Result||Get Details|
|SSC CGL Exam Pattern||Get Details|
|How to Crack SSC CGL Exam||Get Details|
What not to do in General Awareness for SSC CGL?
While preparing for SSC CGL General Awareness, the common tendency of students is to focus on the Current Affairs section. General Awareness is required in banking and other recruitment exams also.
- From the trend of SSC CGL General Awareness section, you will notice that the weightage of Static GK is comparatively higher.
- At the time of preparing for this section you can get to be a never-ending task, so be aware from the paper setter.
- Although, it is also not wise to say ignore Current Affairs completely but don’t invest too much time in them.
You Can Also Check: SSC Online
SSC CGL General Awareness Questions
Question 1) The Nalanda University was founded by-
- Samudra Gupta
- Chandra Gupta
- Kumara Gupta
- Harsh Vardhana
Question 2) Baking soda is also is known as-
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Calcium Bicarbonate
- Carbon Monoxide
Question 3) In India, National Income estimates are prespared by —
- National Sample Survey Organisation
- Planning Commission
- National Development Council
- Central Statistical Organisation
Question 4) The first Indian who was chosen as the Secretary-General of Commonwealth is
- Krishna Murthy
- Kamalesh Sharma
- Rakesh Verma
Check Changes In: SSC Exam Pattern
Question 5) What would be the impact of global warming on mangrove forests ?
- They will grow more luxurious
- Large areas of mangroves will be submerged
- Their role as carbon sinks will become more important
- Both (A) and (C) above
Question 6) Which of the following determines the chemical properties of an element ?
- Number of protons
- Number of electrons
- Number of neutrons
- All of the above
Question 7) Which element is the highest conductor of electricity?
Question 8) Who written the book “India of my dreams”?
- Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Lala Hardyal
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Bhagat Singh
Check List Of: Top SSC Coaching Center
Question 9) The Attorney general of India is —
- Elected by the parliament
- Appointed by president
- Nominated by the president
- None of these
Question 10) Which article is related to the appointment of the Attorney General of India ?
- Article – 53
- Article – 63
- Article – 76
- Article – 79
Question11) In which year Bengal was reunited?
Question12) In which of the following, the Dudh Ganga river is located ?
- West Bengal
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
Do You Know: How To Crack SSC Exam
Question13) What is the maximum gap between two sessions of a Parliament?
- 8 months
- 5 months
- 6 months
- 1 year
Question14) In which year Delhi became the capital of India?
Question15) What is the ratio of RBC to WBC?
SSC CGL General Awareness Study Material 2021:
|Book Name||Author / Publication|
|Solved Papers (upto 2015) SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre. Examination Tier-I (English)||Arihant Publications|
|SSC CGL Combined GRADUATE LEVEL Exams question Bank 1999–2015 (48 Solved Papers Of Previous Year Exams)—English||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan , Pratiyogita Kiran & KICX / Kiran Prakashan|
|40 sets SSC graduate level exams solved papers 2010-2015 (SSC CGL Tier I & II,SSC CPO SI PAPER I & II) (English)||GKP / G.K PUB|
|Kiran’S SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank 1999–2015 (49 Solved Papers Of Previous Year Exams)—Hindi||Kiran Prakashan|
|30 Practice Sets SSC Combined Graduate Level Pre. Examination (English) 4th Edition||Arihant|
Check Now: SSC Preparation Books
Best Books For SSC CGL General Awareness (Tier-1):
- SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier-I by Kiran Prakashan and Bookstree
- Kiran’s previous years question by Kiran Prakashan and Bookstree
- SSC: Combined Graduate Level Examination for Tier 1 by GK Publication Pvt. Ltd
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- Solved Papers SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre Examination Tier-I by Arihant
- Manorama Yearbook 2018 (English)
- Manorama Yearbook 2018 (Hindi)
SSC CGL General Awareness
General Awareness is most crucial sections for any competitive exam. The best part of General Awareness section is there are no calculations to penetrate your mind! You all need to do is stay updated on a regular basis for Current Affairs & remember important stuff from static GK.
Appearing students for Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam 2021 may score good marks in SSC General Awareness section with the help of information given in this page such as Books, SSC CGL Study Material, and Preparation Tips.
SSC CGL 2021 General Awareness Preparation Tips:
- Read through magazines and newspapers to stay up to date on local and international events.
- Take notes and record the important events that you think might appear in the examination. This helps you prepare for the SSC CGL General Awareness exam without having to rush at the last minute.
- Go through the topics and books above, so you cover the essential sections of the exam.
- Plan your time for preparation and use previous year question papers to understand how you can manage your time well while answering the exam.
Dear candidates, we hope that you are satisfied with the above stated information about SSC CGL General Awareness Preparation. If yes then bookmark this page recruitmentresult.com by pressing Ctrl + D for more details regarding General Awareness For SSC CGL 2021.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SSC Exam Calendar||SSC Previous Papers|
|SSC Online Registration||SSC Challan Form|
|SSC Exam Syllabus||SSC Admit Card|
|SSC Result||SSC Recruitment|