SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper
All the relevant details with concern to SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper 2021 are provided on this page. Also, exam aspirants will get an idea about the exam pattern , imp topics, निबंध/पत्र लेखन that will come in SSC Combined Higher Secondary level paper. Candidates who will successfully qualify the SSC CHSL tier 1 exam will be able to participate in next level of paper that is tier II.
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper
what is the Duration of SSC CHSL Tier II Exam / Descriptive Paper?
Appearing aspirants have to write an essay and letter within 1 Hour (20 Minutes Compensation for PWD candidates). Contenders are informed that four boxes in a single row will be provided in the answer sheet and every single word in each box will be counted either it’s “A”, “The” or else.
What is SSC CHSL Tier II Exam / Descriptive Paper?
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper is the second phase of SSC CHSL Recruitment Examination. Candidates after qualifying Tier II then will be called for Tier III which includes typing or skill test.
Candidates preparing for SSC CHSL Exam will get complete details of SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper 2021 by going through below section of this page which is well prepared by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper- निबंध/पत्र लेखन
The SSC-CHSL exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit candidates for various posts such as Lower Divisional Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operator.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 (Descriptive Paper) Exam Pattern
You’ll be provided a pen and a paper. You question paper will ask you to write a letter/application and an essay on a certain topic.
- To complete this paper, you’ll be given 1 Hr 20 Min minutes.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the descriptive paper will be 33%.
- Obtained marks of the descriptive paper will be included with Tier I exam to finalize the merit list.
|Subject||Word Limit (Approximately)||Time Limit||Maximum Marks|
|Essay Writing||200 – 250||1 Hour (20 Minutes Compensation for PWD candidates)||100 Marks|
- It will be a 100 marks paper, which will be qualifying in nature. At least 33% should be scored by you to enter yourself in the list of shortlisted candidates.
- Two descriptive topics will be given to you on whom you have to write creatively.
- In 100 marks descriptive paper, you’ll be asked to write a Letter/an Application and an Essay.
- The mode of language can be English or Hindi, depending on the choice filled by you while filling the application form.
- Letter/application should be written in the range between 150 to 200 words.
- An essay should be written in the range of 200 to 250 words.
Check Also: SSC CHSL Selection Procedure
The reason behind forming the paper is to assess the following:
- The writing and communication skills of the candidates
- Their ability to manage their duties and workload
- Awareness regarding the current affairs or events happening in their surroundings
- Their opinion regarding the happenings
Purpose of SSC CHSL Tier 2 Test:
This test is conducted to judge the mental alertness of the candidate towards the economy, polity, science corners. The descriptive test in Hindi/Language is conducted to check the writing skills of the candidate. So, it is really very essential for you to learn good words.
You should thoroughly read the Hindi / English articles in novels or newspapers or magazines to understand their skill of writing and usage of attractive words at proper places.
Get Here Details Of: SSC CHSL Syllabus
Expected Topics for SSC CHSL (10+2) descriptive test:
Some of the expected topics from SSC CHSL descriptive paper syllabus 2021 whose chances are most to come in this exam are-
- Impact and Scope of GST Bill in India
- Gauge the Success of Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan
- Ambit and Expansion of Aadhaar Card’s Scope in India
- Discuss OROP and its feasibility
- Triple Talaq
- Death Penalty for child rape
- Political system in India
- LGBT Rights
- Euthanasia in India
- Kashmir problem: Is it a creation of our unwise policies?
- Are Naxals and Maoists serious threat to national security?
- India’s plan to fight pollution & changing atmosphere conditions
- Article 370 of the Constitution of India
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
- Union Indian Budget
- Women Empowerment
- Role of technology in gross development
- Eradication of black money from country, steps taken by government
- Technology Advancement in India (ISRO)
- Make in India Initiative
- Intellectual Property Rights
- UDAN Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDSA) – Making Rural India Digitally Literate
- 6000 Pregnancy Aid Scheme for Pregnant Women in India
- Mid-Day Meal Scheme for Madarsas to be Launched Soon
- Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY) – Skills in Line with International Standards
- Digital India
You May Also Check: SSC CHSL Books
How to Write an Essay for SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper?
It’s not easy to cover all important points within 150-250 range. While writing the topic you feel like there is a lot more to share but the words limit is too low which is difficult to bound.
- You should practice writing manually on those topics within the limited words limit and time duration.
- Start reading newspapers to gain knowledge regarding the major happenings and then pick important news topics and write about them in short
- Learn innovative words/ increase your vocabulary so that you can use different suitable words in your essay
- Study basic grammar. To form a meaningful phrase, you should write them using correct grammar
- Explain the matter with the help of valid data, facts & figures, examples etc. to increase the quality of your writing
Example of Essay:
“Que: Write an essay on “UDAN Scheme” in about 250 words.”
While answering this question follow theses points:
- give an intro like “what is the mission all about”.
- give the complete details and a broad illustration.
- Explain how this mission will be helpful. Give details about its aim.
- Write about the problem being faced by the government while running the mission.
- At Last, give some feasible suggestions about how could the problem be solved and how can the mission be made a successful one.
You May Read This: SSC Preparation Books
How to Write Letters/ Applications for SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper?
- While writing a letter you must keep the following points in your mind:
- Purpose of writing
- To the person (address)
- Appropriate language
- Complete message
What action are you willing to take?
- Short and accurate information
- You must follow a prescribed format to write a letter or application
When writing a formal letter, you may write to:
- You can use topics like Complaint, Suggestion, Application, Official Appreciation, Follow-up or Feedback etc.
When writing an informal letter, you may write to:
- You can use topics like Apologies, Congratulation, Invitation, and Asking for Favor, Offer Condolence etc.
You are advised to write the letter by following the flow of the question:
- First, write about your assessment of the performance of India in Rio Olympic Games. Give complete details.
- Then, explain the drawbacks you find in the performance.
- And then give your suggestions about how India’s performance can be improved in the next Olympic Games.
Want to Know? How to Crack SSC Exam
We hope that now you will understand the pattern or topics of SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper 2021 easily. For having any query or doubts related to this post, you may type your comment in below comment box. Our experts will soon solve your queries.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||SSC CHSL Salary|
|SSC CHSL Result||SSC CHSL Cut Off|
|SSC CHSL Previous Papers||SSC CHSL Answer Key|
|SSC CHSL Exam Pattern||SSC Online Registration|
|SSC CHSL Document Verification||Strategies To Improve Memory|