UGC NET Eligibility
In order to apply for NTA UGC NET examination, it is very important for exam aspirants to know about NTA UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2021 that is consists of its essential qualification, age limit required. National eligibility test is organized twice in a year for the selection of eligible and deserving aspirants for junior research fellowship and assistant professor posts. Additionally, aspirants can also check the complete NTA UGC national eligibility test details below.
NTA UGC NET June 2021 Exam – Overview
- Name of the Examination: UGC National Eligibility Test (UGC NET 2021)
- Conducted By: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- NTA UGC NET Exam Date: Check Below
- Category: UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Official Website(s): www.ntanet.nic.in / www.nta.ac.in
UGC NET Eligibility
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria: Academic Qualification
Following is the requisite NTA UGC National Eligibility Test Eligibility Criteria in terms of Educational Qualifications. One must need to possess the following qualifications if desire to enroll for NTA UGC NET 2021:
- Applicant must possess Master’s Degree or its equivalent scoring at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST, OBC- NCL, PwD).
- Master’s Degree obtained in the field of in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. shall be accepted.
- Final year students of Master’s Degree course or those waiting for final year results are eligible to appear for UGC NET 2021.
- Such candidates will be admitted provisionally and will be considered eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship or eligible for Assistant professor post, only after they secure at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for OBC (Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PwD category) in Master’s Program.
- Ph.d degree holders will be eligible to appear for NET examination if they had completed their Master’s Degree by September 19, 1991. Such candidates will be given relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- It is advisable for candidates to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. If your post- graduate subject is not on the list, you can opt for related subject.
Important Links related To UGC NET:
|UGC NET||Check Here|
|UGC NET Exam Pattern||Check Here|
|UGC NET Syllabus||Check Here|
|UGC NET Result||Check Here|
|UGC NET Previous Years Papers||Check Here|
NTA UGC NET 2021 Age Limit and Relaxation
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria in terms of Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor and basis of Age Relaxation is listed below:
Junior Research Fellowship
- Age of the candidate must not be more than 30 years as on 01-06-20120.
- Reserved category (SC/ST, OBC- NCL, and PwD) and women applicants shall be provided 05 years of relaxation in the prescribed age limit.
- Candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority, will be given relaxation.
- Candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree will be permitted age relaxation of 03 years.
- There is no upper age limit, if applying for Assistant Professor as intimated by UGC in the official NTA UGC NET Notification 2021.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- A candidate will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions, if they successfully clear NET/SLET/SET exam.
- Candidates who have been awarded a PhD Degree by UGC according to the minimum standards and procedure for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 will also be exempted from appearing in NTA UGC NET 2021.
- Candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor prior to June 1, 2002, will be exempted from appearing in NET.
Press Here For: UGC NET Official Link
Important Instructions to Candidates:
- You need not to send any certificates or documents and the application form to NTA.
- If candidate is found to be ineligible, their candidature will stand cancel in such event. She/he will be liable for legal action.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/ PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
FAQs related to UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Question 1: Which Qualification Holders can apply for NTA UGC NET 2021?
Ans: Those holding master’s degree or its equivalent or those who are studying in the final year of master’s degree course or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed are eligible to appear for in the UGC NET Examination in the month of June 2021.
Question 2: Is there any criteria regarding minimum percentage to be scored in the Master’s Degree for NTA UGC NET Exam?
Ans: Yes, it is necessary to score at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master‟s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. if you wish to enroll for NTA NET Exam.
Know Here: NTA UGC NET Books
Question 3: What is the minimum qualification for appearing in the National Eligibility Test for candidates of reserved category/ physically handicapped category/ PWD candidates?
Ans: The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to noncreamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master‟s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
Question 4: What about the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria regarding those candidates who have completed their Graduation but waiting for their final Year result?
Ans: Yes, Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exam have been delayed may also eligible for UGC National Eligibility Test.
Question 5: Whether the individuals holding Master’s degree in one subject can appear for UGC NET June 2021 in any other subject?
Ans: No, Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only.
You Can Also: Get Latest Teaching Jobs
Get rest of the information about NTA UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2021 through this page. Candidates can easily Subscribe Our Free E-Mail Section to get latest updates on your timeline wall directly.