UPSC Civil Services MAIN Exam
UPSC MAIN Exam Notification available!!! All the eager contenders are delighted to know that Union Public Service Commission has pronounced UPSC Civil Services MAIN Exam 2016 notification. Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam to hire eligible and enthusiastic candidates for filling up 1079 vacant positions of IAS/ IFS/ IRS IDS and various others. Contenders who have successfully clear preliminary exam are required to submit their registration form before the last date that is 20th Oct. 2016 for appearing in mains exam. On availability of future information regarding UPSC Civil Services MAIN Exam 2017, aspirants must stay in link with us. We will try to provide info regarding the same as soon as we can.
After submitting the application form appliers may appear in UPSC Mains Exam which will be held from 3rd Dec. 2016 onwards. Those who will get succeeded in qualifying the main examination will be called for final selection process of Interview by the commission. We the team members of recruitmentresult.com provide complete details against Union Public Service Commission mains exam Application Form. So candidates are required to scroll down the page and read all the information carefully.
UPSC Civil Services MAIN Exam
UPSC Civil Service Vacancies:
|Sr. No.||Name of Service|
|01||Indian Administrative Service|
|02||Indian Foreign Service|
|03||Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise,Gr. ‘A’)|
|04||Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service,Gr. ‘A’|
|05||Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|06||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|07||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),Gr. ‘A’|
|08||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|09||Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.|
|10||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|11||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railways Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’|
|14||Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’|
|15||Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|16||Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr.III)|
|17||Indian Corporate Law Service|
|18||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)|
|19||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’|
|20||Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)|
Do You Know How many vacancies are available?
- P.H.: 34 posts
- LDCP: 14 posts
- B/LV: 07 posts
- H.I.: 13 posts
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be an Indian resident for Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service,
- For other civil services candidates must be a citizen of below mentioned countries or subject of Nepal / Bhutan / A Tibetan refugee / A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Get Details About: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Payment to be made for UPSC MAIN Exam 2016:
Candidates who are going to fill UPSC Civil Services Exam Application form are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 200/- by online or offline mode as given below.
Applicants may submit their fee through Net Banking facility of SBI/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card
Appliers can pay application fee by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash.
Candidates who belong to Female/SC/ ST/ PH categories are exempted from payment of fee.
Have A Look On this Useful Section of UPSC
Process of Enrolment for UPSC Civil Services MAIN Exam:
- The enrolment of appliers will be purely based on the Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview.
- Candidates who will be shortlisted in main exam will be called for Interview as final selection.
Read Below For Better Preparation Of Exam/Interview:
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam Pattern:
|Qualifying Paper||Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Papers to be counted for merit||Paper-I||Essay||250 Marks|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250 Marks|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250 Marks|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250 Marks|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250 Marks|
|Papers VI, VII||Any two optional subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500 Marks|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
Read Here: How to Prepare for English
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam Time Table
|Date||Day||Forenoon Session9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon||Afternoon Session2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.|
|3rd Dec 2016||Saturday||Paper‐I Essay||No Paper|
|5th Dec 2016||Monday||Paper‐II General Studies‐I||Paper‐IIIGeneral Studies‐II|
|6th Dec 2016||Tuesday||Paper‐IV General Studies‐III||Paper‐V General Studies‐IV|
|7th Dec 2016||Wednesday||Paper‐A Indian Language||Paper‐BEnglish|
|9th Dec 2016||Friday||Paper‐VI Optional Paper‐I||Paper‐VII Optional Paper‐II|
Related Links Of Civil Services Exam:-
Are you going to appear in Main Examination? Get Here the List of Optional Subjects!
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
|Commerce and Accountancy|
|Political Science and International Relations|
Literature of any one of the following languages:
UPSC Interview Test:
- Shortlisted candidates in Mains exam will be called for interview.
- Interview round is the final round to recruit applicants for particular posts.
- The interview session will be of 275 marks.
UPSC Online Test: Start Now
UPSC Main Examination Centers:
You May Also Check: – List of UPSC Entrance Exam
How to fill UPSC Application Form?
- Visit official website of commission that is www.upsc.gov.in
- Now go to “What’s New” section presented on home page.
- Choose “DAF: Civil Services (Main) Examination 2016” link.
- After that hit on “Online Application” link to apply online.
- Fill Online Application Form with all mandatory details in proper manner.
- Upload scanned documents, self attested copies of certificates and a passport size photograph.
- Recheck your filled application form once again and hit on the “Submit” button.
- At last take a print out of the filled application form, for future references.
Read This:- Procedure To Fill Online Form
Dates to Remember:
- Last date to submit application form: 20th Oct. 2016
- End date for submission of application Fee: 19th Oct. 2016
- Mains exam schedule 3rd Dec. 2016 to 9th Dec. 2016
Check Related Links:
Remember Important Note:
Go through this Official Link to collect other information about UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2016 – 2017. You can also bookmark this page by using CTRL + D.