Civil Services Exam
Aspirations to get Government Jobs by qualify the Civil Services Exam? Then check all updated details about CSE-IAS Exam from here. Candidates, who wish to grab Civil Services Vacancy through IAS Exam, may apply before the last date. Commission has all set to conduct Civil Services Prelims Exam on 18/06/2017. Interested job seekers may apply by filling registration Form against this notification as Civil Services Exam 2017 before end date.
Focal Points Of This Page
Civil Services Exam
Contenders may follow below provided steps to fill Civil Services Online Application Form on or before the closing date that is 17/03/2017 and Civil Services Main Exam will be held on 28/10/2017. For more information about UPSC Civil Services Exam, you may need to go through this page which is created by team of recruitmentresult.com.
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Announcement Type||Civil Services Exam|
|Last Date To Apply||17/03/2017|
Civil Services Vacancies:
|Sr. No.||Name of Service or Posts Name|
|01||Indian Administrative Service|
|02||Indian Foreign Service|
|03||Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr. ‘A’)|
|04||Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|05||Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|06||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|07||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),Gr. ‘A’|
|08||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|09||Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.|
|10||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|11||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railways Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’|
|14||Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’|
|15||Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|16||Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr.III)|
|17||Indian Corporate Law Service|
|18||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)|
|19||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’|
|20||Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)|
Civil Services Exam Official Notification: Download PDF
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria:
- For Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, applicants should be Indian resident.
- For other upsconline.nic.in Recruitment candidates must be a citizen of India, or subject of Nepal / Bhutan / A Tibetan refugee / A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Applicants, who are willing to get Civil Services Jobs, should have degree in any discipline from concern Universities recognized by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
- Candidates who have appeared examination but have not been informed of the results are eligible to apply and applicants who are having professional and technical qualifications that are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree are also eligible to apply.
Check Details Here: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Number Of Attempts:
Every candidate can only go for six attempts only, provided that, this restriction will not applicable for SC and ST candidates who are otherwise eligible.
Contender’s age should not below 21 years and not more than 32 years and category wise relaxation in age will be offered as per norms that is described below.
- Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: 5 year
- Other Backward Classes: Up to 3 years
- 5 years for domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- General category candidates should need to pay Rs. 100/- as an application fee and Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates are exempted from any fee.
- Payment of fee will be paid in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking/ Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Candidate’s classification for UPSC Civil Services Vacancies will be done through performance in below stated process:
- Prelims Exam
- Main Examination
Read Below For Better Preparation Of Exam/Interview:
Civil Services Exam Pattern:
Civil Services Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
Points to be remember before appearing UPSC Prelims exam:
- Candidates have to attempt UPSC Prelims exams in Objective Type which is commonly called as multiple choice questions.
- There will be a “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam.
- Candidates have to pay a penalty of 33% marks or we can also say 0.83 marks for each and every wrong answer.
- Those aspirants who may clear the Preliminary exam have to individually write the Mains exams for Indian Forest Service.
- Only blind candidates will be eligible to get the extra time of 20 mints for each paper.
- It is necessary for all the candidates to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation.
- All the aspirants are required to know that the marks scored in the Prelims exam will not be counted in the final marks of the Mains exam as well the Interview.
Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern:
|Paper Details||Subjects Description||Max Marks|
|Paper-A||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-B||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Papers To Be Counted For Merit|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Optional Subjects Paper 1||250|
|Papers VII||Optional Subjects Paper 2||250|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750|
Also Read: Civil Services Exam Pattern
Civil Services Syllabus:
Syllabus of Civil Services contains topics like History of India and Indian National Movement, General Science, Indian polity and Governance, General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning and analytical ability etc. you may check below given direct link to get your complete syllabus.
Must Check: Civil Services Syllabus
Centers Of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination:
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Kochi||Jaipur|
|Port Blair||Kozhikode (Calicut)||Jorhat|
|Anantpur (Andhra Pradesh)||Varanasi||Jabalpur|
Centers of Civil Services (Mains) Examination
UPSC Online Test: Start Now
How to fill Civil Services Exam Online Application Form?
Civil services online registration process will be done in two parts as Part- I Registration and Part- II Registration. Both parts are described in below section; you may follow instruction to apply.
Part- I Registration:
Contenders may follow these steps to fill the online application form before the last date:
- Aspirants will have to visit official website of Union Public Service Commission Official website that is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- After that must select the “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link
- Go for examination name ‘Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination’.
- Press link for ‘Part- I Registration’ and read all details carefully and press ‘yes’ tab available at bottom of page.
- Read all details carefully and press continue tab and enter your basic details like name, gender, date of birth, fathers and mother name and contact details etc.
- Press submit tab and on successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id.
- Before applying Scan your photograph, which should be in JPG format of size 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit and signature in JPG format, having digital size of each file must be less that 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Now get copy of challan form and press link for ‘Part- II Registration’ and pay your application fee as motioned above.
- Select center from 23 centers according to your convenience, Upload your photograph and signature.
- Press Submit Tab And Take Print Out Of Application Form For Future Reference.
Read This:- Procedure To Fill Online Form
|Notification Will Be Available From||22/02/2017|
|Last Date To Apply||17/03/2017|
|Preliminary Exam Will be On||18/06/2017|
|Mains Exam Will Be Held On||28/10/2017|
Check Related Links:
Candidates may open this Official Notification to know more about Civil Services Exam 2017 and stay tuned with us on our web portal to get latest updates regarding UPSC Civil Service Vacancies.