GK Current Affairs 2020
If you want to read GK Current Affairs 2020, then you are at the right place. Here you will find something new every day. Here you will get Latest UPSC/IAS/SSC Practice Quiz PDF in Hindi and English Languages.
As everyone knows how much the competition has increased in every government sector that is why it is important that children get good education and prepare for upcoming examinations.
GK Current Affairs 2020
- SHUDH: UV Sanitizing Device developed by IIT Kanpur
- Nepal’s Prime Minister accused India of Cultural Encroachment by Stating ‘India Created Fake Ayodhya and Lord Rama was Nepali’
- India dropped from Construction of Chabahar-Zahedan Rail Project following Delays in Funding for the Project
- Madhya Pradesh Tops in Implementation of PM SVANidhi: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- NHAI approaches Premier Technical Institutes for Collaboration and Partnership
- Punjab Government hands over request letter for setting up one of the Proposed Bulk Drug Park in Bhatinda
- NATGRID with Links to Database Access from 14,000 Police Stations to Go Live by the End of 2020.
- Two Month Campaign launched in China to Clean up Websites Aimed at Users under the age of 18
- Google for India Digitization Fund of USD 10 billion launched
- SC upholds rights of royal family in administration of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple
- Indian Army to order 2nd batch of 72,000 assault rifles from United States
- Russia first nation to complete clinical trials of COVID vaccine
- India becomes 2nd largest source of FDI for UK
- IRDAI allows launch of ‘Corona Kavach’ insurance policies
- Asia Cup cricket tournament postponed till June 2021
- World Cup-winning footballer Jack Charlton passes away
- NITI Aayog presents Voluntary National Review 2020 report
- NITI Aayog launches “ATL App Development Module”
- India becomes second-largest foreign investor in UK
- Lee Hsien Loong becomes Prime Minister of Singapore
- Chhattisgarh Government organises India’s first e-Lok Adalat
Google to invest USD 10 billion in India
- Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton won Styrian Grand Prix 2020
- India’s Tiger Census 2018 sets new Guinness World Record
- Ministry of Shipping: Rs 107 crores approved for modern firefighting facilities.
Download Here>> GK Current Affairs PDF
Latest GK Current Affairs 2020
The GK Current Affairs Quiz is an initiative with an aim to help the students and aspirants preparing for UPSC Civil Services Exam and other competitive exams as well. Applicants who want to know more in regards with GK Current Affairs 2020 they can go through this page which is well written by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
Important General Knowledge Questions with Answers:
|The first Prime minister of Bangladesh was||Mujibur Rehman|
|The longest river in the world is the||Nile|
|The longest highway in the world is the||Trans-Canada|
|The longest highway in the world has a length of||About 8000 km|
|The highest mountain in the world is the||Everest|
|The country that accounts for nearly one third of the total teak production of the world is||Myan mar|
|The biggest desert in the world is the||Sahara desert|
|The largest coffee growing country in the world is||Brazil|
|The country also known as “country of Copper” is||Zambia|
|The name given to the border which separates Pakistan and Afghanistan is||Durand line|
|The river Volga flows out into the||Capsian sea|
|The coldest place on the earth is||Verkoyansk in Siberia|
|The country which ranks second in terms of land area is||Canada|
|The largest Island in the Mediterranean sea is||Sicily|
|The river Jordan flows out into the||Dead sea|
|The biggest delta in the world is the||Sunderbans|
|The capital city that stands on the river Danube is||Belgrade|
|The Japanese call their country as||Nippon|
|The length of the English channel is||564 kilometres|
|The world’s oldest known city is||Damascus|
|The city which is also known as the City of Canals is||Venice|
|The country in which river Wangchu flows is||Myanmar|
|The biggest island of the world is||Greenland|
|The city which is the biggest centre for manufacture of automobiles in the world is||Detroit, USA|
|The country which is the largest producer of manganese in the world is||USA|
|The country which is the largest producer of rubber in the world is||Malaysia|
|The country which is the largest producer of tin in the world is||Malaysia|
|The river which carries maximum quantity of water into the sea is the||Mississippi|
|The city which was once called the `Forbidden City’ was||Peking|
|The country called the Land of Rising Sun is||Japan|
|Mount Everest was named after||Sir George Everest|
|The volcano Vesuvius is located in||Italy|
|The country known as the Sugar Bowl of the world is||Cuba|
|The length of the Suez Canal is||162.5 kilometers|
|The lowest point on earth is||The coastal area of Dead sea|
|The Gurkhas are the original inhabitants of||Nepal|
|The largest ocean of the world is the||Pacific ocean|
|The largest bell in the world is the||Tsar Kolkol at Kremlin, Moscow|
|The biggest stadium in the world is the||Strahov Stadium, Prague|
|The world’s largest diamond producing country is||South Africa|
|Australia was discovered by||James Cook|
|The first Governor General of Pakistan is||Mohammed Ali Jinnah|
|Dublin is situated at the mouth of river||Liffey|
|The earlier name of New York city was||New Amsterdam|
|The Eifel tower was built by||Alexander Eiffel|
|The Red Cross was founded by||Jean Henri Durant|
|The country which has the greatest population density is||Monaco|
|The national flower of Britain is||Rose|
|Niagara Falls was discovered by||Louis Hennepin|
Check Here: Latest Current Affairs Updates
GK Important Question and Answers
Answers for these questions are available at the end.
Question 1: What is the largest item of expenditure(in terms of percentage) in the Union Budget 2020-21?
- Interest payments
- State’s share of taxes and duties
- Defence Expenditure
- None of the above
Question 2: What is the biggest source of Income for the Central Government in the Union Budget 2020-21?
- Goods and Services Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Income Tax
- Borrowings and other liabilities
Question 3: What is the disinvestment target for 2020-21?
- Rs 1,73,000 crore
- Rs 2,10,000 crore
- Rs 65,000 crore
- Rs 1,05,000 core
Question 4: What was the theme of the Union Budget 2020-21?
- Har Nagrik Jeetega
- Ease of Living
- Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik
- Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas aur Sabka Vishwas
Question 5: Which institute has developed ‘LifeBox’?
- IIT Delhi
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
Do You Know: How to Solve Objective Type Questions
Question 6: Which country has the policy of separating migrating children from parents ?
Question 7: ___ Literacy Week has been organized by RBI.
Question 8: Worldwide Developers Conference is hosted by ___
Question 9: World ____ Day is observed on June 5th.
Question 10: Rafael Nadal will face ___ in French Open quarters.
- Leander Paes
- Diego Schwartzman
- Roger Federer
- None of the above
Get Here: Samanya Gyan Darpan Ebook
Question 11: The Union government has constituted which high-level committee to suggest laws against mob lynching and violence?
- Inderjit Singh committee
- K. Dhasmana committee
- Bhaskar Khulbe committee
- Rajiv Gauba committee
Question 12: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has created an online tool to help people overcome issues related to mental health. The name of the tool is;
- Tread Will
- Smart Help
- Good Will
- Smart will
Question 13: Fakhar Zaman, who has become the fastest player to score 1000 ODI runs, belongs to which country?
- South Africa
Question 14: NITI Aayog has signed Statement of Intent (SoI) with which pharmaceutical company to collaborate in Aspirational Districts Programme?
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
- Lupin Foundation
Check Now: International Current Affairs
Question 15: Which ministerial committee has been set up by the Odisha government for development of Odia film industry?
- B. Behera committee
- Prafulla Samal committee
- Kirti Patnaik committee
- Ananta Das committee
Question 16:The first meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Committee on Border Haats was held in which city?
Question 17: The Lok Sabha has passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017 on cheque bounce cases. The bill shall amend which act to resolve the issue?
- Negotiable Instruments Act 1881
- Negotiable Instruments Act 1883
- Negotiable Instruments Act 1879
- Negotiable Instruments Act 1885
Question 18: Rishi Srivastava was appointed as CEO and MD of __________.
- Tata AIA Life
- Kotak Life Insurance
- Max Life Insurance
- Exide Life Insurance
Question 19: Which tennis player tops in the ATP tennis world ranking?
- Kevin Anderson
- Rafael Nadal
- Roger Federer
- Alexander Zverev
START Practice Now: General Knowledge Online Test
Question 20: Which month was declared as the National Nutrition Month every year by the Ministry of Women and Child Development?
|Ans 1) 2||Ans 11) 4|
|Ans 2) 4||Ans 12) 1|
|Ans 3) 2||Ans 13) 4|
|Ans 4) 2||Ans 14) 4|
|Ans 5) 2||Ans 15) 1|
|Ans 6) 3||Ans 16) 4|
|Ans 7) 3||Ans 17) 1|
|Ans 8) 2||Ans 18) 1|
|Ans 9) 3||Ans 19) 2|
|Ans 10) 2||Ans 20) 1|
Candidates can get the complete details about the GK Current Affairs 2020 with the help of this page. for more updates regarding the same you can bookmark this page by pressing ctrl+D.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|Person in News Current Affairs||All Defence Current Affairs|
|Science & Technology||Online Quiz For Competitive Exam|
|Railway Current Affairs||Sports Current Affairs|