Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology has issued a notification regarding IIST Admission for the session 2017-2018. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes for the students to avail the best higher education. Candidates who are seeking for the IIST Admission 2017 in any of the course such as B.Tech – M.S./M.Tech Dual Degree etc may quickly apply for the 140 available seats before the closing date that is 12-06-2017.
This Page Highlights:
Students who are fulfilling the mentioned eligibility criteria may apply for the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Admissions by submitting their IIST Application forms through official web portal via online mode with the help of the below provided procedure or direct link. Get more details regarding the IIST Entrance then you must go through the below stated page which is well designed by the dedicated team of recruitmentresult.com
Postgraduate Courses –
M.Tech is offered in the following areas:
- Propulsion from Aerospace Engineering department
- Optical Engineering from Physics department
- Chemical Systems from Chemistry department
- Digital Signal Processing from Avionics department
- Soft Computing and Machine Learning from Mathematics department
- RF and Microwave Engineering from Avionics department
- Optical Engineering
M.S is offered in the following areas:
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Earth System Science
Solid State Physics
Bachelor of Technology is offered in the following areas:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Physical Sciences
Read Now: Ways to Get Education Loans for Students
- Candidates who are applying for the B.Tech should have completed their 10+2 in relevant field from recognized board of education. Qualifying the JEE Main & JEE Advanced exam is important for B.Tech.
- Candidates who are willing to apply for the M.Tech should hold the degree of B.Tech in similar discipline from well known university or institute with good academic record.
- For UG Courses, General Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1992 and SC, ST or PWD categories candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1987.
- For PG Courses, the age limit of the candidates is 28 years as on 08 May, 2017. Age Relaxation will be given to those candidates who belong to the SC / ST / Persons with disability (PWD) category as per Government of India Orders.
Check Here: Best Career Opportunities
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria as per applicable rules of the Government of India. The categories included are
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PD)||3%|
Seat Matrix for Different Programmes:
|B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)||60|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)||20|
- Candidates who are interested to join the above programmes of B.Tech must appear for JEE (Advanced)-2017 conducted by IITs for entrance as selection will be done on the basis of their score obtained in JEE Main & JEE Advanced.
- Candidates will be selected for M.Tech on the basis of their performance level in written test/Interview at IIST.
Marks required in JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2017
- For undertaking B.Tech Programmes in IIST the candidate must appear for:
- JEE Main 2017 is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for JEE Advanced 2017 conducted by IITs.The minimum marks to be secured by the candidate in JEE Advanced 2017 are
|Category||Minimum Aggregate Marks||Minimum Marks In Physics, Chemistry|
Mathematics in JEE Advanced
|General||20%||5% marks in each of the three subjects|
(Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
|OBC- NCL||18%||4.5% marks in each of the three subjects|
|SC, ST & PD||10%||2.5 % marks in each of the three subjects|
IIST Counselling Process 2017:
- IIST Counselling Process 2017 will be beginning from June 4th week 2017 for both Common Rank List and for SC/ST/OBC/PD Rank List.
- The venue of IIST counselling is Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad.
- The candidates must remember following important points:
- Candidates who are eligible and are called for the counselling process must be present at the counselling venue with any of their parents and along with the required documents.
- Candidates have to write their preference or choice of branch of study in their order of preference. The preference once written cannot be changed further.
- According to their JEE Main All India Rank 2017, the eligible candidates will be given the confirmed seat. Those candidates who get a confirmed seat must show their original certificates at the counselling centre. If the candidates do not get a confirmed seat according to their choice or preference, they will be given a waiting list number for heir higher preferred branch.
- After all the available seats are filled, the remaining candidates can find their name in the wait-list which will be published in IIST official website after two days of the counselling Process.
- At the time of wait-list seat distribution, if any candidate denies form accepting the seat offered to them in any branch of his/her preference/choice made at the time of counselling, they will not be considered further for taking admission at any branch/seat.
How to apply for IIST Admissions?
- First of all, candidates need to visit to the official website of the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology that is “www.iist.ac.in”.
- Now move the cursor to the “Admissions” tab present on the top menu bar of the homepage and choose the course for which you want to apply.
- After that, press on the “Online Application” tab and then on ‘IIST Online Submission of Applications’.
- Then fill the required details in the space provide for login.
- Fill Online Application Form including all the required details correctly in prescribed manner.
- Upload the scanned copies of documents and certificates along with the application form.
- At last, submit the application form and take a print out of it.
- Marksheets of qualified courses
- Marksheet of Xth
- Marksheet of XII
- Scanned images of Photograph, Signature & Left hand thumb impression in a given format (GIF, PNG, JPG, and JPEG).
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width x height). The size of the photograph in between 10-100 KB.
- Signature & Left hand thumb impression maximum size limit is 10-50 KB. Put the signature in 6 x 3 cm (width x height) box & thumb impression in 4 x 3 cm (width x height) box.
- Valid Email ID & Mobile Number.
- Qualification & Academic Details.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
|Online Registration for IIST admission begins||22nd May 2017|
|Registration Closes||12th June 2017|
|Last Date for Payment of Registration Fees for B.Tech Admission||June 3rd week 2017|
|Last date to receive Demand Draft receipt by NRI candidates||June 3rd week 2017|
|Date of Publishing IIST Admission Rank List 2017 for B.Tech||June 4th week 2017|
|IIST Counselling begins||June 4th week 2017|
To gain more details about the IIST Admissions 2017, please check this Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On