IIST Admission in Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes are scheduled to be begun from 02.05.2018 (UG) and 2nd week of April 2018 (PG), so candidates are required to check the eligibility criteria required by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology soon. Candidates can submit their IIST Online Application Form till the last date for the academic year 2018-19. Final selection of the contenders for admission in UG & PG Programmes will be made on the basis of their performance in JEE Main 2018 & JEE Advanced 2018 examination conducted by CBSE.
Overview Of This Page:
Candidates can acquire details about the IIST Entrance Exam and IIST Admission 2018 by going through this page that is designed by the team members of recruitmentresult.com in an easiest manner. Apart from it, contenders are required to note that after the successfully completion of the examination, they have to appear in Counselling section conducted on scheduled date by the organization. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and grab complete information in this concern as soon as possible.
Bachelor of Technology is offered in the following areas:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Physical Sciences
Postgraduate Courses –
M.Tech is offered in the following areas:
- Propulsion from Aerospace Engineering department
- Optical Engineering from Physics department
- Chemical Systems from Chemistry department
- Digital Signal Processing from Avionics department
- Soft Computing and Machine Learning from Mathematics department
- RF and Microwave Engineering from Avionics department
- Optical Engineering
M.S is offered in the following areas:
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Earth System Science
Solid State Physics
Check Here: Best Career Opportunities
IIST UG Admission 2018 Seat Availability:
|4-Year B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering||60 Seats|
|4-Year B.Tech in Avionics||60 Seats|
|5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and Master of Science/ M.Tech) Programme||20 Seats|
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria as per applicable rules of the Government of India. The categories included are
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disabilities||3%|
Seat Matrix for Different Programmes:
|B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)||60|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)||20|
Read Here: How to Start New Life In College?
IIST Admission Criteria 2018:
- Candidates who are applying for IIST Admission at B.Tech should have completed their 10+2 in relevant field from recognized board of education. Qualifying the JEE Main & JEE Advanced exam is important for B.Tech.
- Candidates who are willing to apply for IIST Admission at M.Tech should hold the degree of B.Tech in similar discipline from well known university or institute with good academic record.
IIST Admission 2018 Age Limit:
- For UG Courses, General Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1992 and SC, ST or PWD categories candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1987.
- For PG Courses, the age limit of the candidates is 28 years. Age Relaxation will be given to those candidates who belong to the SC / ST / Persons with disability (PWD) category as per Government of India Orders.
Check Here: Best Career Opportunities
How to apply for IIST Admissions 2018?
Candidates can submit their IIST Admission Form 2018 by going through the following guidelines.
- First of all, candidates need to visit to the official website of the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology that is “www.iist.ac.in” for applying for IIST Admission.
- Now move the cursor to the “Admissions” tab present on the top menu bar of the homepage and choose the course for which you want to apply.
- After that, press on the “Online Application” tab and then on ‘IIST Online Submission of Applications’.
- Then fill the required details in the space provide for login.
- Fill Online Application Formincluding all the required details correctly in prescribed manner.
- Upload the scanned copies of documents and certificates along with the application form.
- At last, submit the application form and take a print out of it.
Student Semester Fee/Assistanceship for UG students
|Hostel and dining charges||14400/-|
|Student Amenity Fee||4000/-|
|Caution Deposit (One time-refundable)||Rs. 13000/-|
Student Semester Fee/Assistanceship for PG students
|Student Amenities Fee||1350/-|
|Caution Deposit (One time-refundable)||Rs. 3000/-|
Must Read: Do you need Money for College Fee?
IIST Admission 2018 Application fee:
Applying candidates for IIST Admission for UG courses are need to pay Rs. 250/- per departmental code (for general) and Rs. 125/- for SC/ST/PWD and Women.
For PG Courses:
Applicants applying for IIST admission for PG courses have to pay Rs.600 for male candidates who belongs to GEN/OBC and s. 300/- for Female candidates of GEN/OBC, SC, ST & PwD candidates.
- This is to remember to all applying candidates for IIST admission is the application fee will be non refundable.
- The fee payment will be done through bank Challan from any branch of SBI or Union Bank of India (UBI).
- NRI candidates can deposit fee in the form of demand draft.
- The DD should be drawn in favor of “THE REGISTRAR, IIST” payable at thiruvananthapuram, India.
- In case of payment through DD candidates have to send the DD at the address mentioned below:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram-695547
IIST Admission 2018 Selection Criteria:
- Candidates who are interested to join the above programmes of B.Tech must appear for JEE (Advanced)-2018 conducted by IITs for entrance as selection will be done on the basis of their score obtained in JEE Main & JEE Advanced.
- Candidates will be selected for M.Tech on the basis of their performance level in written test/Interview at IIST.
Marks required in JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2018
- For undertaking B.Tech Programmes in IIST the candidate must appear for:
- JEE Main is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for JEE Advanced conducted by IITs.The minimum marks to be secured by the candidate in JEE Advanced are
|Category||Minimum Aggregate Marks||Minimum Marks In Physics, Chemistry|
Mathematics in JEE Advanced
|General||20%||5% marks in each of the three subjects|
(Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
|OBC- NCL||18%||4.5% marks in each of the three subjects|
|SC, ST & PD||10%||2.5 % marks in each of the three subjects|
IIST Counselling Process 2018:
IIST Counselling Process will be beginning on scheduled date for both Common Rank List and for SC/ST/OBC/PD Rank List. The venue of IIST counselling is Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad.
The candidates must remember following important points:
- Candidates who are eligible and are called for the counselling process must be present at the counselling venue with any of their parents and along with the required documents.
- Candidates have to write their preference or choice of branch of study in their order of preference. The preference once written cannot be changed further.
- According to their JEE Main All India Rank 2018, the eligible candidates will be given the confirmed seat. Those candidates who get a confirmed seat must show their original certificates at the counselling centre. If the candidates do not get a confirmed seat according to their choice or preference, they will be given a waiting list number for heir higher preferred branch.
- After all the available seats are filled, the remaining candidates can find their name in the wait-list which will be published in IIST official website after two days of the counselling Process.
- At the time of wait-list seat distribution, if any candidate denies form accepting the seat offered to them in any branch of his/her preference/choice made at the time of counselling, they will not be considered further for taking admission at any branch/seat.
- Marksheets of qualified courses
- Marksheet of Xth
- Marksheet of XII
- Scanned images of Photograph, Signature & Left hand thumb impression in a given format (GIF, PNG, JPG, and JPEG).
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width x height). The size of the photograph in between 10-100 KB.
- Signature & Left hand thumb impression maximum size limit is 10-50 KB. Put the signature in 6 x 3 cm (width x height) box & thumb impression in 4 x 3 cm (width x height) box.
- Valid Email ID & Mobile Number.
- Qualification & Academic Details.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
IIST Admission 2018 Important Dates:
IIST Admission UG Courses 2018:
|Release of Admission Brochure||02.05.2018|
|Opening of Online Registration||22.05.2018|
|Closing of Online Registration||05.06.2018|
IIST Admission PG Courses 2018:
|Online application release||2nd week of April 2018|
|Closing for online submission of applications||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date for payment of application fee||2nd week of May 2018|
|List of short listed students for interview||3rd week of May 2018|
|Interview round||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of interview result||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||1st week of July 2018|
Note: To download the Notification regarding IIST Admissions 2018, contenders can visit to the Official Website also. In order to collect more details about Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Admission or any other, be in touch with us or subscribe our free email service also. Apart from it, contenders can follow us on Facebook or Google Plus also for Latest updates.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Entrance Exam in India||How Do Toppers Study?|
|How to Get Free College Education||UGC Approved University List|
|Reasons, You Should Never Skip a Class||Scholarship in India|