IIT Madras Admission
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has opened the gateways for IIT Madras Admission 2017. Candidates who are willing to pursue PhD and MS (by Research) programmes from this reputed institution they can fill IIT Madras Application Form. Candidates can check all the important dates and other details of entrance through this page. Eligible candidates can apply for admission to these courses under regular / part-time / external schemes through online mode. We will soon update this page with latest information about IIT Madras Admission 2018 so stay connected with this page.
Key Points Of This Page
Those candidates who will get the admission in PhD and MS courses they will also get the Half-time Teaching Research Assistantship (HTRA). Candidates can apply for July 2017 admission by filling and submitting their online application form on or before the closing date which is 02-04-2017. To acquire more information about IIT Madras Admission, candidates must go through this page completely, which is well framed by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
IIT Madras Admission
- D. (M.S.+Ph.D.)
Check Now: Best Career Options
IIT Madras Eligibility Criteria:
|M.S.||Bachelors degree in Engineering / Technology/ in any professional discipline or a Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences/Management where eligible with a good academic record.|
IIT Madras Information Brochure: Download Here
Candidates who are going to apply for the entrance they must have to pay the application fee of following amount:
- GN/OBC-NCL Male candidates: Rs.100/-
- GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates: Rs.50/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates: Rs.50/-
Mode of Payment:
Candidates must have to pay the application fee through Online mode by using Net banking, Credit Card & Debit Card. If online transaction failed Candidates can pay the application fee through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, IIT Madras” and send it to the following address with your application No.
The Joint Registrar (Academic),
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
IV Floor, Administration Building,
IIT Campus, Chennai – 600 036
Financial Assistance For Selected Candidates:
Candidates who will be selected for these courses they will also entitled to receive the following amount of Half-time Teaching Research Assistantship (HTRA) funded by MHRD as well as fellowships from other funding agencies like CSIR, UGC, DST, ICMR, ICAR, AICTE etc. as per their programme:
|For Ph.D./Direct Ph.D./Upgraded to Ph.D.||Rs. 25,000/- p.m. for first 2 years|
|Rs. 28,000/- p.m. for subsequent 3 years.|
|For M.S.||Rs. 12,400/- p.m. for the period of eligibility.|
Candidates will be selected for admission in their applied courses on the basis of their performance in interview and/or test. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and/or test which will be organized by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
Process To apply for IIT Madras PhD Admission:
Candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria they can apply by following the below mentioned steps:
- The first step of applying, is to visit the official website of Indian Institute of Technology, Madras which is www.iitm.ac.in
- On the home page, press on “Admission Opened for M.S/Ph.D (2017-18)” link from the middle section of page.
- After that, press on “Hit Here” link given with “For Eligibility, Guidelines, Including fee etc” option under “Recent Announcements” section.
- The information brochure will open in the form of PDF and candidates must have to read the complete details carefully.
- Thereafter, candidates need to hit on “Apply Online” tab from the right panel of page.
- Now press on “Hit Here to Sign In/ Sign Up” button.
- If you are a new candidate, then hit on “Create New account” tab and fill the details in correct manner and if you are an existing user then you must login with your user name and password.
- Now, Fill Online Application Form with your correct information.
- Upload the required documents in proper format and hit on “Submit” button.
- At last, candidates must take a print out of duly filled form for future reference.
IIT Madras Important Dates:
|Last date for Submission of online application form||02.04.2017|
|Last date for departments to display their selected candidates list in the Department Website||02.06.2017|
|Last date for issue of admission letters to candidates by Departments / Academics Section||09.06.2017|
|Date of Admission||10.07.2017|
|Date of Orientation||11.07.2017|
|Date of Photo Sesison and Data Entry (For ID Card Purpose)||12.07.2017|
Candidates who are willing to get further more information about IIT Madras Admission 2017 – 2018, they must check the Information Brochure which is presented on this page.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On