UGC Scholarship is provided to support poor as well as the meritorious applicants to assist them finish their higher education and move ahead in their career path. The University Grants Commission invites the online applications for the award of fellowships, UGC Scholarships and Research Award. Entrants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and want to grasp this golden opportunity may apply for UGC Scholarship Schemes, simply by submitting UGC Online Application Form. From this single page, applicants can get the complete details regarding UGC Post Graduate Scholarships, Undergraduate Scholarships and other programs Scholarship.
Candidates who want to get this UGC Fellowship, they are required to appear for an examination. Those who will qualify the exam will be selected and offered with the financial assistance. UGC 2018 Scholarship is planned in such a way that they cater all sections equally and offers equal chances to everyone who is contributing to educational scenario of India. On this page, team of recruitmentresult.com has well asserted entire information about University Grants Commission Scholarship; please go well through the entire page.
|UGC Emeritus Fellowship||Get Details|
|Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship||Get Details|
|UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship||Get Details|
|Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship||Get Details|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship||Get Details|
|Maulana Azad National Scholarship||Get Details|
|Indira Gandhi Scholarship||Get Details|
|UGC National Fellowship||Get Details|
|Ishan Uday Scholarship||Get Details|
|UGC PG Scholarship||Get Details|
UGC Scholarships and UGC Fellowships:
- Emeritus Fellowship
- S. Radharkrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences
- Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
- Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
- Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate
- National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
- National Fellowship for OBC Candidate
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
- Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
- “Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region
- Research Awards for the Teachers
- Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in USA
- Major Research Project (MRP)
- Special Assitance Programme (SAP)
- Minor Research Project For UGC Regional Office
Check Also:-Scholarship Exams For Higher Studies Abroad
Benefits of UGC Scholarship:
UGC was formed in 1956, and now it gives recognition to Universities in India by providing funds to Colleges and Universities to facilitate the enrichment of standard of University education. University Grants Commission (UGC) is the statutory organization which is launched by Government of India to preserve the standards of University Education in the country. A scholarship is a kind of monetary reward for students who want to pursue further graduation or post graduation studies in abroad.
The main aim of UGC Scholarship is to reward the scholarship is to give confidence to the students for learning and provide them financial assistance and scholarships help by taking all works of the expenses of their program such as travelling, course credits, books, etc. And the above listed scholarships offers a chance to Indian students to pursue their further education, divided by funding type and desired place of study.
UGC Scholarship offers various courses to support the needy as well as the talented students who want to complete their higher education and move forward in their career. To make the education available for the financially weak but talented and skilled candidates is the main purpose of the UGC scholarship.
Want to Know? How to Get Scholarship
Classification of UGC Scholarship Based on Study Level
|S. No.||Scholarship||Category||No. of Awards|
|UGC Undergraduate Scholarships|
|01||“Ishan Uday” Scholarship for North Eastern Region||For All||10,000|
|UGC Post Graduate Scholarships|
|01||Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder||For All||3000|
|02||Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates||SC/ST||1000|
|03||Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||Women/Girls||Not Fixed|
|UGC M.Phil / PhD Scholarships|
|01||Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students||Minorities||756|
|02||Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidate||SC/ST||2667|
|03||Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities||For All||200|
|04||National Fellowship for OBC Candidate||OBC||300|
|UGC Fellowship for Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships|
|01||Post-Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates||SC / ST||100|
|02||Post-Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates||Women /Girls||100|
|03||Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Humanities and Social Sciences (Including languages)||For All||200|
|UGC Research Award for Faculty|
|01||Research Awards for the Teachers||For All||100|
|02||Emeritus Fellowship||For All||200|
|UGC Fellowship for Doctoral Students|
|01||National Eligibility Test – Junior Research Fellowship(NET-JRF)||For All||—|
|02||Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences||Women / Girls||300|
UGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Those applicants should possess 10+2 or Graduate / Post Graduate / Ph. D degree are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who want to apply for the UGC Scholarship should have completed their 10+2 and Graduate / Post Graduate / Ph.D degree in the relevant disciplinefrom a well recognized University and Board.
- Aspirants should have skills of writing and speaking the English fluently and have ability to fulfill whichever offered within admission criteria organized down by the University.
- Aspirants must be having Citizenship as an Indian and also should have the valid Indian passport, currently issued in India. (In case of study abroad).
- The age of the candidates must be maximum 45 years for male candidates and maximum 50 years for female candidates as on 1st July on the year of application.
UGC Scholarship Selection Process:
- Shortlist students will be selected on the basis of their performance level in Interview/ Test will be performed by University Grants Commission.
- Candidates who will successfully qualify the exam will be selected to get scholarship.
|Get Details||Interview Preparation Tips|
|How to Prepare for Written Exam|
How to Fill UGC Scholarship Online Application Form?
Candidates you need to fill the Application form after following the steps given here in below.
- First of all you need to visit the official site that is i.e.www.ugc.ac.in.
- Now, on the home page go for “Students” section and hit on the “Scholarships & Fellowships” option from the drop down list.
- Further then you’re required to read full notification carefully.
- Now press on the “Apply Now” button and register yourself by filling the required details.
- Fill the application form correctly in prescribed manner including all the details.
- Now upload all the Self-attested copies of Testimonials and Certificates along with the application form.
- Then submit the application form and take a print out of it.
- Enclose the system generated form in envelope and super scribed with the “Application for UGC Scholarship”.
- At last, send the hard copy of system generated form at the postal address which is mentioned below in the official notification.
Complete Details: How to Apply for Scholarship
Documents Required for Submission:
- Aspirants required submitting an application only through Online Mode.
- Attested copy of university undergraduate-degree
- Matriculation certificate.
- A verification certificate by the institute where, students has taken admission to Ist Year of preferred Course
- Prescribed format of provisional Rank certificate from the University / autonomous College.
Improvement of SC/ST Scholarship Scheme by UGC:
According to UGC Notification published by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) on 28 November 2016, MHRD has taken the following steps to smoothen the UGC Scholarship & Fellowship under the various schemes:
- The MHRD has decided to offer the scholarship to applicants through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Allocation of scholarship amount to awardees through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- The MHRD has created a dedicated web portal (scholarship.canarabank.in/AdminLogin.aspx) for migration of legacy cases on DBT platform.
- A Fellowship tracking portal (scholarship.canarabank.in/scholar/Login.aspx) has been set up where the students can check the status of the payment, date of upload of documents, etc.
- The MHRD also introduced an email id (email@example.com) to facilitate and help the students in disbursal related complaints about fellowship & scholarship.
Read Now: How To Prepare For Scholarship
Applicants can get the complete information regarding UGC Scholarship 2018 through this Official Link. Stay connected with recruitmentresult.com to acquire latest updates regarding the Scholarship of UGC. You can also join us on Facebook or Google plus to grab latest details regarding University Grants Commission Scholarship, UGC Fellowship, and UGC Fellowship Scheme on your timeline wall directly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Scholarship Benefits|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get Free College Education||Entrance Exam in India|
|Counselling Schedule||Best Career Opportunities|