Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) will conduct HPAS 2020 (Himachal Pradesh Administrative Combined Competitive Examination) in the upcoming few days. Candidates who have applied for this exam must download HPAS Syllabus PDF of Prelims and Mains Exam along with the exam pattern to know the marking scheme.
Overview on HPPSC HPAS Exam 2020:
|Organization Name||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC)|
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service Combined Competitive Exam|
|Service Section||Administrative Service, Assistant Registrar, Class I & Other|
|HPAS Prelims Exam Date 2020||26 April 2020|
Postponed- (Due to COVID-19)
|Selection Process||Written Examination and Interview|
|Job Location||Himachal Pradesh|
Selection of applicants will be done on the basis of Preliminary, Mains and Viva Voice Test, so candidates are advised to prepare as per the HPPSC HPAS Syllabus. Applicants who will clear out the prelims exam will be only eligible to appear for mains exam.
HPPSC HPAS Exam Pattern:
The examination will be conducted in three stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Viva Voce
HPPSC HPAS Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- Total Time Duration is of 4 Hours i.e. 2 hours for each paper.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Objective Type Questions will be asked up.
- For every incorrect answer, one-third of the marks as negative marking will be deducted.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
HPAS Main Exam Pattern:
|Subject Type||Subject Name||Max Marks|
The viva voce is the final round of selection process and is comprises of 150 marks.
Also Download Here: HPPSC Question Paper
HPAS Prelims Syllabus
HPAS Syllabus 2020 for General Studies:
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- Currents events of national and international importance.
HPAS Syllabus for Aptitude Test:
- Decision making and problem solving
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
HPAS Mains Syllabus
HPAS Mains Syllabus for English:
- Comprehension of English Language
- Correct grammatical expression
- Clarity and precision in expression
Areas of Testing:
|English Grammar||20 Marks|
|Usage and vocabulary||20 Marks|
|English Composition Letter / Application|
/ Report / Note writing
|Comprehension of unseen passages||20 Marks|
|Precis Writing||20 Marks|
Evaluation / Marking:
- Writing of précis, comprehension, composition and usage according to requirements of format.
- Coherence and sequence in expression.
- Correctness of grammatical structures.
- Originality of thought and expression.
HPAS Syllabus Mains 2020 for Hindi in Devnagri Script:
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Translation of Hindi passage into English.
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language.
- Composition (Idioms, corrections etc.)
HPAS Mains General Studies Syllabus:
- Knowledge of current events – National and International
- Questions related to every day observation and experience in scientific aspects
Questions will also be asked from:
- Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India,
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity,
- Indian Economy and Geography of India
- Questions on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
HPPSC HPAS Mains Exam Syllabus for Essay:
HPAS Exam Syllabus – Objective:
Knowledge / awareness of a variety of subjects & their ability to compose a sustained piece of writing in the form of an essay.
Current affairs, Socio- political issues, Socioeconomic issues, Aspects of culture and history and reflective topics will be given to test the candidates’ understanding of these issues and their flair for expressing themselves in the English or in Hindi language. The candidates are required to attempt 2 Essays, choosing one each from Section A and B in about 900 words each.
Areas of Testing:
- Ability to compose a well-argued piece of writing
- Ability to express coherently and sequentially
- Awareness of the subject chosen
Evaluation / Marking:
- Observing established rules and format for essay writing
- Grammatical correctness of expression
- Originality of thought and expression
Download Amended: HPAS Mains Syllabus PDF
HPAS Syllabus: List of Optional Subjects
- Indian History
- Political Science and International Relation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- English Literature
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Public Administration
- Medical Sciences
Download For Other Posts: HPPSC Syllabus
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Answer: Yes, for incorrect answers, there will be a negative marking in prelims exam.
Question: The test is Computer Based i.e. online mode or written test?
Answer: The exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. written test
Question: Time Duration of HPAS Prelims Exam?
Answer: The total time duration is of 4 hours i.e. For Paper-I General Studies, the time duration is of 2 hours and also for Paper-II Aptitude Test the time duration is 2 hours.
Press Here: HPPSC Official Website
The details mentioned on this page about HPAS Syllabus 2020 are written by the team members of recruitmentresult.com Stay in touch with us for more similar updates.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|State PSC Exam||Himachal Pradesh Current Affairs|
|Written Exam Techniques||Online Quiz for Students|
|Create Your Own Study Guide||How To Find Online Study Material|
|Best Study Apps for Students||How Do Toppers Study?|