Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Union Government of India is providing Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 to the girl students of up to 30 years of age who happen to be the only girl child in their families. Candidates who wish to apply for the UGC Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship under UGC Scheme must submit the application form before the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022-23 last date.
Indira Gandhi SGC Scholarship 2022 Overview
|Scholarship Name||Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Provided by||University Grants Commission|
|Eligible Course||Post Graduate|
|Who can Apply||Only Girls can apply|
|Indira Gandhi Scholarship Official Website||sgc.ugc.ac.in|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 32,600 per year|
|Scholarship Duration||2 years|
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022
Objective of Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022:
Union Government of India has plan out the scheme for uplift the status of women by supporting post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and by recognizing the value of observance of small family norm.
Target Group for Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child:
Only those girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters / fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
Check Here: UGC Scholarship
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme Eligibility:
- Slots: 3000
- Female aspirant who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Master’s Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in first year of PG courses are eligible for Indira Gandhi Single Daughter Scholarship.
Who are not eligible to apply?
- If any Deemed University is not getting any grant from Government or UGC then its students can not apply.
- If no college is getting help from state or center government then its students cannot also apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
- Aspirants pursuing PG in distance mode will not eligible to apply.
The age of the female candidates applying for this scholarship should not exceed 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses.
Indira Gandhi One Child Scholarship Details:
Selected 3000 girls for above declared scheme will obtain amount of Rs.36, 200/- year as a fellowship amount which is provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship.
Amount of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship:
Students will get the Indira Gandhi 2022 Scholarship of Rs.36,200/- p.a. for a period of two years only full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Must Look: Scholarship in India
Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship Process:
Selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website. 3,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded every year. After selection, the awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode on annual basis.
List of Required Documents:
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate of parents
- 10th and 12th mark sheets.
- Graduation mark sheets and certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Fee receipt issued by the educational institution
- Affidavit/declaration citing the status of being a single girl child.
How to Fill Indira Gandhi SGC Scholarship Form?
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to official website of University Grant Commission that is scholarships.gov.in to apply for Indira Gandhi One Child Scholarship.
- Scroll down home page and hit on “UGC / AICTE Schemes” tab to fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship Form.
- Then press on “University Grants Commission – MHRD” link for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 Apply Online.
- A drop down list will be opened at your screen from where you have to select “PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD” link.
- Select “guidelines” tab written in front of above given link.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “apply now” button available on the page.
- Enter ID and password to login and then press “login” button.
- Now, fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form with correct details.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable).
- Then save and continue.
- Lastly, submit your details within given time.
- At last, download duly filled application form and take print out copy of it for avoid any trouble in future.
Attachments / Documents To Be Submitted:
- Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs. 50/-stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazatted Officer.
- Copy of Joining report from College / University where student have taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
Hit Here For: Indira Gandhi Scholarship Apply Online
Press Here: National Scholarship Portal Official Website
Indira Gandhi Scholarship- Important Details
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship was started under the University Grants Commission with the aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family. It support post graduate education of single girl child.
Read Out: FAQs – SGC
Girl students who are admitted in the first year of PG course are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Application for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship has already started. Every year 3,000 fresh scholarships are awarded. The awardees can also apply for other scholarship during this tenure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Question 1: If I made few spelling errors while entering my address details in the Indira Gandhi Scholarship Application Form, can I change it later on?
Answer: There is no way to modify your application form after pressing the submit button. All changes need to be made before pressing the submit button on the application form. So, you need to be very careful while filling the form.
Question 2: In case there are mistakes in my Indira Gandhi Scholarship Form, can I make a new application form for the same request?
Answer: No. This isn’t acceptable. Only one application form per candidate registration is allowed. Multiple application forms for a candidate shall lead to rejection of a student’s candidature.
Question 3: I belong to the socially backward class. Can I request for additional grant amount to the scholarship committee?
Answer: No. The grant amount is common and fixed for the candidates. No additional grant amount shall be provided whatsoever.
Question 4: I have a younger brother in my family, but I’m the only girl child. Can I go ahead with my application?
Answer: No, you cannot, candidates who are single girl child of their family without siblings can apply only.
Question 5: Can I apply for other scholarships if I’ve applied/ been selected for this scholarship scheme?
Answer: Yes, you may apply for other scholarships too.
Check Also: Scholarship For 10th Passed Students
Question 6: What are the Contact Details for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022?
Answer: For all enquiries that a candidate may have, the following contact details may be noted:
Address: UGC, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110 002.
E-mail: [email protected]
Helpline Number: 0120-6619540.
Question 7: What is the scholarship amount for Indira Gandhi UGC Scheme?
Answer: The scholarship amount of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child scheme is Rs. 32,600 per year.
Question 8: How can I check the Indira Gandhi Scholarship application status?
Answer: Visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and log in with your Application ID & Password. On the dashboard, you can check your scholarship application status.
Question 9: Does Undergraduate college students apply for Indira Gandhi Sigle Girl Child Scholarship?
Answer: No. Only the 1st year postgraduate girl’s students are eligible to apply.
Question 10: Does Distance course students can apply for this scholarship?
Answer: No. Distance course students cannot apply for Indira Gandhi SGC Scholarship.
You can apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 directly using this Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Best Career Opportunities||Counselling Schedule|
|UGC Approved University List||College is Registered OR AICTE|
|List of Fake Universities||How Do Toppers Study?|