JEST stands for Joint Entrance Screening Test. JEST 2023 is a national-level entrance examination is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). The JEST Application Form for 2023 will be released on the official website.
Through JEST 2023, candidates will get admission to a PhD/Integrated PhD programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the participating institutes. JEST qualifying candidates get admission in various top institutes like Bose Institute, NISER, IISc, IIST, IISER etc. For making JEST Registration online and to get other details like JEST Exam Date, Fee, applying process etc. go through this page.
JEST Exam 2023 Highlights:
|Name of Exam||JEST – Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Type of Exam||PG Level|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Courses Offered||Science & Engineering|
|Application form Submit mode||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode|
|JEST 2023 Exam Date||February 2023|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test) 2023:
On the basis of previous year stats, it can be said that the complexity level of examination is aggregate day by day, so JEST 2023 will be the toughest in comparison of earlier examinations. You may be connected with us for JEST 2023 Preparation Material also after submitting your application form by going through this page.
JEST 2023 Exam Dates:
|Application Form Date Announce||November|
|Online Application Form Last Date to Submit||December|
|Last date to submit Application form Fee||December|
|Admit Card download date Announced||January 2023|
|JEST Exam Date 2023||February 2023|
|Answer Key Release Date||February 2023|
|Last date for any objection against answer key||February 2023|
|Declaration of Results||March 2023|
|Interview Conduct||April 2023|
Steps For Submission Of JEST 2023 Application Form
Step1: JEST 2023 Registration
- Register yourself before you login.
- To register, the candidate has to press on the “register to appear for the exam” link in the Homepage.
- You will receive an email with your account information after JEST Online Registration with a valid email-id.
- Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further login.
Step2: JEST 2023 Login
- JEST Login to the homepage with your username (your email-id) and password.
- Afterwards, you need to go for filling up JEST 2023 Application Form.
Step3: JEST Online Application Form
- Fill JEST Exam Application Form and save it, or, modify an already saved JEST Online Form.
- Press the “Submit Application” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
Step4: Upload Images and Scanned Photo
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Pay JEST Application Fee online using SBI Epay.
- After ON-LINE submission of JEST 2023 Application Form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete.
- NO modification will be allowed after this.
Step5: Submission of JEST 2023 Application form
- On successful submission of ON-LINE application form you will receive an E-mail with following information from JEST Website.
- Application data after final submission containing Unique Submission Number and filled in data.
- Please save this e-mail for further correspondence with the JEST authority.
If You Do Not Receive The Above-Mentioned E-Mail After Submission Of Application Form And The Successful E-Payment Of The Application Fee then Contact JEST Authority.
Get Here – JEST Official Website
JEST Application Fee:
|For General category candidates||Rs. 400/-|
|For SC/ ST/ Female candidates||Rs. 200/-|
|Female candidates from SC/ST category||Fee Exempted|
Do You Know: How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
JEST 2023 Application Form Fee Refund Policy
- The fee being paid is only towards the application and does not in any way guarantee issuance of Admit Card etc.
- JEST Application Fee once paid is non-refundable even if the application is rejected for any reason.
- Fee once paid will not be given refund.
- If, due to any reason the officiating body of JEST decides to refund the fee, the amount will be returned duly excluding the processing fee involved in making such payments.
What Should Be Happened in Case Of Double Payment of Requisite Fee?
- When a candidate makes double payment by mistake, refund can be considered only on bringing it to the notice of the coordinator of JEST by mail within 7 days of making such payment.
- Any kind of requests beyond this 7 days period will not be entertained.
- The refund process in such cases will be initiated offline in Three to Five working days after receiving the refund request in all eligible cases of refund.
- This clause is applicable only in case of multiple payments of application fee by a candidate.
What Will Be The Procedure If, the amount is deducted from the candidate and the same has not reached JEST Account?
During the process of making payment by the candidate, by any chance the amount is deducted from the candidate and the same has not reached JEST 2023 account, then the amount will be automatically refunded by the Payment gateway provider on bringing the issue to the notice of Payment Gateway service provider.
JEST E-Photo and E-Signature Format
- The size of the individual files should not exceed 50 Kilo bytes.
- Crop out the extra white portion from the background surrounding the image to retain clarity.
- Before uploading your photo and signature files, make sure you have given it a good name.
- File names should use alphabets, underscores, and numbers only.
- Special characters such as spaces, (, #, &, punctuation, etc., should not be used in filenames.
- If you use a logical naming system, like loginname_date_photo.jpg, loginname_date_sig.jpg then it will be printed without any errors.
- In case the jpeg file of your photo which has been taken with camera exceeds the limit, you should compress the file size using compression software available in the websites, such as jpeg-optimizer.com, www.imageoptimizer.net.
- Your signature can be scanned with a digital scanner, and saved as jpeg file for uploading.
- In case this file size produced by scanner also exceeds 100 KB limit, you can compress it using the same tools as explained above.
- Please make sure the image type is jpeg.
- For checking, press right and go to the properties of the file being uploaded.
- Dimension of the image files should be the following
- Minimum of 100 X 125 pixels or maximum of 240 x 300 pixels (width x height) for photo and 150 x 30 pixels (width x height) for signature.
- Please check ALL the properties of these image files before uploading.
- Please use black ball pen for the signature which is to be scanned for uploading.
Check Here: JEST Syllabus
JEST Application Form Instructions
- You can save and edit an incomplete form by pressing on “Save Draft” but no changes can be made after final submission (when you press on “Submit Application” button).
- JEST 2023 Application Process will be considered complete only after successful online application fee payment.
- Incomplete JEST Online Application Form or applications without fee payment will be removed after the last date of online submissions.
- You will receive email after successful submission of your JEST Application Form.
- This email will contain a unique submission number and payment details respectively, which will be used for all communication purposes.
JEST Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Offline mode.
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Question paper.
- Total Questions: 50 questions.
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours.
- Question Paper Language: English Language.
- Marking Scheme: Part A: Candidates will receive 1 point for each correct answer. 1 point will be deducted for a wrong answer, Part B: The candidate will receive 3 points for a correct answer. There will be no negative marking in this section and Part C: The candidate will receive 1 point for the correct answer. 1/3 point will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
|Parts||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking|
|Part B||10||+3||No negative marking|
|1.||ARIES( Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital)|
|2.||HBNI(Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai)|
|3.||HRI(Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad)|
|4.||ICTS(International Centre for Theoretical Science )Bangalore|
|5.||IGCAR(Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalapakkam)|
|6.||IIA(Indian Institute of Astrophysics,|
|12.||IMSc (The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai)|
|13.||Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar|
|14.||IPR(Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar)|
|15.||IIA (Indian Institute of Astrophysics)|
|16.||IUCAA(Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics)|
|17.||NBRC(National Botanical Research Institute, Manesar)|
|19.||PRL(Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad|
|20.||RRCAT(Raja Raman Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore|
|21.||RRI (Raman Research Institute, Bangalore).|
|22.||SINP(Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics)|
|23.||VECC(Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre), Kolkata|
|24.||TIFR(Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai)|
Asked Questions BY JEST Appliers
Question1: My shopping cart is showing “Empty” even after submission of JEST Online Application form. What should I do?
- One of the fee options must be selected for the application fee payment while filling JEST 2023 Application Form.
- Try paying with different web browser/ different machine.
- Older version of Internet Explorer has some issues reported.
- While reporting errors, please tell us the name and the version of browser you are using.
- Also ensure that cookies are disabled in your browser.
- Still if your cart is empty, please contact with your application details.
Question2: My Credit/Debit card is not working while paying the application fee. What should I do?
Answer: Only Master and Visa cards are acceptable for fee payment by Credit/Debit card. If you do not have one, then take help of friends/relatives who have these cards.
Question3: What is my Unique Submission Number or What Unique Number will be sent as confirmation of my form submission?
- The Unique Submission Number will be identified by the string “Your Application form ID is XXXX” where XXXX is your application number in the mail you receive after form submission.
- [This number is valid only when it is received in an email from us].
- An email will be sent only after successful submission of application.
- If you don’t receive this email, then contact us immediately.
Question4: I am pursuing B. Tech degree in Mechanical / Civil Engineering, am I eligible for appearing in the JEST 2023 examination?
- JEST is a screening test for admission to PhD and Int. PhD Programme of different participating institutes (see the list from JEST home page) in physics and theoretical computer science / neuroscience.
- The JEST 2023 examination is conducted for two subjects only, namely, physics and theoretical computer science.
- However, the qualifications for admission to the PhD and Int. PhD Programme in various participating institutes are different.
- So the candidate is requested to visit the websites of the participating institutes of their interest to know more about the qualification requirement.
Check Here: List Of Entrance Exam in India
For more updates and interesting facts about JEST 2023 Application Form , keep visiting to our web portal regularly. One can also bookmark our site by pressing ctrl +d key.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Students’ Horoscope|
|Top 10 Job Oriented Courses||How Do Toppers Study?|
|UGC Approved University List||Scholarship in India|
|College is Registered OR AICTE?||–|