Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST 2021) is a Preliminary Screening Test conducted to offer admission in MSc, Integrated PhD and PhD programmes. JEST Syllabus comprising Physics, Maths, Computer Science and other subjects which are mandatory part of the entrance. To qualify the exam, you must secure requisite marks in each part. So, check this page to download Subject Wise JEST Exam Syllabus PDF for better preparation.
JEST Exam 2021 Overview:
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)|
|Purpose Of Conducting Exam||admission to MSc, Integrated PhD|
and PhD programmes in Physics,
Theoretical Computer Science,
Neuroscience and Computational Biology
|Conducting Body||Several Premier Research Institutes|
|Participating Institutes||Twenty Public Research Institutes|
JEST Exam Pattern 2021
- The exam will be conducted in English.
- Total 180 minutes will be time duration of exam.
- The exam question paper will contain objective type with multiple choices.
- JEST total marks will be 100.
- Physics paper will consists of 2 sections, first section has 25 questions.
- Approximately 40% questions will be from B.Sc. level and 60% will be from M.Sc. level.
|Levels||No. of question|
|1st level||25 questions Each carries one mark|
|2nd level||2nd level consists of 25 questions.|
Each carries three marks
From Here: Download JEST Exam Syllabus PDF
JEST Syllabus For Theoretical Computer Science
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science,
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
JEST Syllabus For Physics
JEST Syllabus For Mathematics
- Vector algebra and vector calculus, tensors, curvilinear coordinate systems, linear algebra;
- Linear differential equations, elements of Sturm–Liouville theory;
- Special functions; Complex analysis; Fourier series and Fourier transforms, Laplace transforms;
- Elementary properties of discrete groups; Elements of probability theory, error analysis.
START Now: Mathematics Quiz
JEST Syllabus for Classical Mechanics
- Newton’s Laws, Conservation Of Energy And Momentum, Collisions;
- Generalized Coordinates, Principle Of Least Action,
- Lagrangian And Hamiltonian Formulations Of Mechanics;
- Symmetry And Conservation Laws; Central Force Problem, Kepler Problem;
- Small Oscillations And Normal Modes; Special Relativity In Classical Mechanics.
JEST Electromagnetism & Optics Syllabus 2021
- Electrostatics and magnetostatics, boundary value problems, multipole expansion;
- Fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic media;
- Faraday’s law and time varying fields; displacement current;
- Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields;
- Propagation of plane electromagnetic waves, reflection, refraction;
- Electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media;
- Diffraction, interference, polarization.
JEST Syllabus For Quantum mechanics
- Uncertainty principle; Schrodinger equation; central potentials, hydrogen atom;
- Orbital and spin angular momenta, addition of angular momenta;
- Matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations, Hermitian operators;
- Variational principle, time independent perturbation theory, time dependent perturbation theory.
Start Here: Physics Online Test
JEST 2021 Syllabus For Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics
- Laws Of Thermodynamics, Work And Heat, Thermodynamic Potentials;
- Elements Of Kinetic Theory; Maxwell’s Relations;
- Statistical Ensembles; Partition Function; Classical Ideal Gas, Harmonic Oscillators;
- Classical And Quantum Statistics; Fermi And Bose Gases;
- Black Body Radiation; Statistics Of Paramagnetism
JEST Electronics Syllabus
- Basics of semiconductor; p-n junctions, diodes, transistors;
- LCR circuits, rectifiers, amplifiers, active filters and oscillators;
- Basics of OPAMPs and their applications; basics of digital electronics.
Download PDF : JEST Sample Papers
JEST Exam Centers:
More Links Related To JEST:
|JEST Application Form||JEST Question Papers|
|JEST Result||JEST Answer Key|
How to Download JEST Syllabus 2021?
- Visit the official website i.e. www.jest.org.in
- Afterwards go to the right side of the homepage and hit on JEST Physics Syllabus.
- A new page will come out in the form of PDF containing the detailed JEST 2021 Syllabus.
- Check out the syllabus for JEST 2021 and then take a print out of it and keep it safe for further usage.
Press Here For: JEST Official Website
What Is The Level Of Questions In JEST Examination 2021?
The questions are based on the General Syllabus of graduation and post-graduation level courses offered by various Indian universities and institutions. JEST Question Papers are normally not made available. However, some questions from previous year’s examinations are available at the website
Why You Should Visit recruitmentresult.com for JEST Details?
recruitmentresult.com updates the page in minimum time period and provides you satisfactory details regarding any topic. You may check detailed JEST Syllabus 2021 in PDF format and acquire updated information easily from here.
JEST 2021 Syllabus
Applicants can get JEST Exam Syllabus 2021 for Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths along with the exam pattern in the above section. JEST Syllabus 2021 helps you to prepare to make command over the topics comprising in the exam.
Know Here: How Do Toppers Study
JEST Entrance Exam
Joint Entrance Screening Test is a qualifying test conducted to shortlist the candidates for Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience. To appear in exam, candidates must also know JEST Exam Paper Pattern which is provided here you may also downloaded PDF for syllabus.