KTU Model Question Paper
KTU Model Question Paper year wise are available here. Candidates can obtain the KTU Previous Year Papers for S1, S2, S3, S4 in PDF Format though this web page.
Concerned individuals can hit on the below mentioned direct links to get the KTU Question Paper with Answers.
KTU Model Question Paper PDF
For S2 and S1
|EC100 Basics of Electrical Engineering|
|100 Basics of Mechanical Engineering|
Model Question Paper
|Designing and Engineering BE102|
Model Question Paper
|Network Theory-Set 1|
|Network Theory-Set 2|
|Network Theory-Set 3|
|Network Theory-Set 4|
|Network Theory-Set 5|
|MA202 Question Bank|
|HS200 Business Economics|
Other KTU Model Question Papers PDF:
Important Links Related to KTU….
KTU Model Question Paper
KTU Previous Question and Answers:
Most Important Questions:
Question 1: Differentiate relays and contactors and write the applications of each.
|Relatively smaller in size.||Larger when compared to relays.|
|Used in circuits with lower ampacity. (Max 20A)||Used in circuits with low and higher ampacity up to 12500A.|
|Mainly used in control and automation circuits, protection circuits and for switching small electronic circuits||Used in the switching of motors, capacitors, lights etc.|
|Consists of at least two NO/NC contacts.||Consists of minimum one set of three phase power contacts and in some cases additional auxiliary contacts are also provided.|
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
Question 2: Write any four applications of electronics in the field of defense.
- Electronic circuits provide a means of secret communication between the headquarter and different units
- RADAR that is Radio Detection and Ranging is the most important development in electronics field. With the help of radar, it is possible to detect and find the exact
location of enemy aircraft, Radar and anti-craft guns can be linked by an automatic
control system to make a complete unit
- Circuit boards and sub-assemblies for military firing simulators (anti-tank)
- Electrical distribution circuit boards for military helicopters
Know Here: How To Score Good Grades
Question 3: How does an Avalanche breakdown differ from Zener break down?
|Zener break down||Avalanche breakdown|
|1.This occurs at junctions, which being|
heavily doped have narrow depletion
|1. This occurs at junctions which being|
lightly doped has wide depletion layers.
|2. This breakdown voltage sets a very|
strong electric field across this narrow
|2. Here, electric field is not strong|
enough to produce Zener breakdown.
|3. Here, electric field is very strong to|
rupture the covalent bonds thereby
generating electron hole pairs. So even
a small increase in reverse voltage is
capable of producing large number of
current carriers, i.e. why the junction
has a very low resistance. This leads to
|3. Here, minority carriers collide with|
semiconductor atoms in the depletion
region, which breaks the covalent
bonds and electron-hole pairs are
generated. Newly generated charge
carriers are accelerated by the electric
field, which results in more collision
and generates avalanche of charge
carriers. This results in avalanche
Read Here: Written Exam Techniques
Question 4: What is the working principle of SMPS?
SMPS means switch mode power supply. This works on the principle of switching regulation. The SMPS system is highly reliable, efficient, noiseless and compact because the switching is done at very high rate, in the order of several KHz to MHz.
Question 5: Describe the role of different capacitors in RC coupled amplifier.
- Coupling capacitor CC is used to connect the output of first stage to the base, i.e. input of the second stage and this continues when more stages are connected. The coupling capacitor CC transmits AC signal but blocks DC.
- This prevents DC interference between various stages and the shifting of operating point. The emitter bypass capacitor offers a low resistance path to the signal. Without this capacitor the voltage gain of each stage would be lost.
Know Here: How Do Toppers Study?
More Questions with Answers:
Question 1: The ratio of the actual damping coefficient to the critical damping coefficient is called damping factor.
Question 2: When a body moves with simple harmonic motion, the product of its periodic time and frequency is equal to
Question 3: In a vibrating system, if the actual damping coefficient is 40 N/m/s and critical damping coefficient is 420 N/m/s, then logarithmic decrement is equal to
Read Also: Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips
Question 4: For high speed engines, the cam follower should move with
- uniform velocity
- simple harmonic motion
- uniform acceleration and retardation
- cycloidal motion
Question 5: In a coupling rod of a locomotive, each of the four pairs is a __________ pair.
Question 6: The sliding pairs, turning pairs and screw pairs form lower pairs.
Question 7: When the two elements of a pair have a surface contact when relative motion takes place and the surface of one element slides over the surface of the other, the pair formed is known as a
- lower pair
- higher pair
- self-closed pair
- force-closed pair
Question 8: The static friction
- bears a constant ratio to the normal reaction between the two surfaces
- is independent of the area of contact, between the two surfaces
- always acts in a direction, opposite to that in which the body tends to move
- all of the above
Question 9: A shaft has an attached disc at the centre of its length. The disc has its centre of gravity located at a distance of 2 mm from the axis of the shaft. When the shaft is allowed to vibrate in its natural bow-shaped mode, it has a frequency of vibration of 10 rad/s. When the shaft is rotated at 300 r.p.m., it will whirl with a radius of
- 2 mm
- 22 mm
- 50 mm
- 0 mm
Read Now: How to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
Question 10: The swaying couple is maximum or minimum when the angle of inclination of the crank to the line of stroke (θ) is equal to
- 90° and 180°
- 45° and 225°
- 180° and 270°
- 270° and 360°
Question 11: The behaviour of visco-elastic material is time dependent. This behaviour is common in __________ materials.
- non-crystalline solid
- non-crystalline organic polymeric.
Question 12: Coke oven regenerators are made of __________ bricks.
- fire clay
- low thermal conductivity
- high electrical conductivity
Question 13: Which of the following is universally employed as the low expansion metal in the bimetallic thermometer, which is an iron-nickel alloy containing 36% nickel and has very low co-efficient of expansion (l/20th of ordinary metals) ?
Question 14: Shock resisting steels should possess high
- tensile strength
- wear resistance
Question 15: The purpose of nitriding the steel is to
- harden its surface.
- soften its surface.
- improve its reliability.
- none of these.
Read Now: How to Prepare for Written Exam
Question 16: Constituents of stellite are
- zinc, copper and nickel.
- cobalt, chromium and tungsten.
- zinc, aluminium and nickel.
- nickel, cobalt and vanadium.
Question 17: Residual magnetism in steel for magnets is increased by the addition of
Question 18: Presence of nickel in steel improves its
- corrosion resistance.
- cutting ability.
- wear resistance.
- all (a), (b) and (c).
Question 19: Cementite is
- Fe3C chemically.
- a compound of carbon and iron.
- characterised by an orthorhombic crystal structure.
- all (a), (b) and (c).
Question 20: Acetylene gas holder is made of
- cast iron
- monel metal
KTU Study Materials:
- Basic Electrical Useful Text: Kavya Sreekumar
- Be102 Design And Engineering Study materials: Swathy Pramod (SIMAT)
- Introduction to computing and problem solving PPT’s Prepared: SUKANYATHARA J (Asst. Professor)
- Beer and Johnson, Vector Mechanics for Engineers – Statics and Dynamics Shared By Student X
- Millman’s Integrated Electronics 2nd Edition E-book For KTU Shared By Student X
- Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics By Hibbeler R.C.
- An E Book For Introduction to Civil Engineering By Prof.Ramachandran V
- Principles of Turbomachinery- William W Peng, John Wiley & Sons Free E-Book PDF Download
- Mackenthun, K.M., Basic Concepts in Environmental Management Free ebook pdf download
- Robert L. Boylested, Louis Nashelsky, Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory, Pearson Education Free ebook pdf download
- David A Bell, Electronic Devices And Circuits Free ebook pdf Download
- Satheesh Gopi, Basic Civil Engineering, Pearson Publishers Free E-book (PDF) Download
- Engineering Graphics – J Benjamin, Pentex Publishers
Get Here: Online Quiz for Students
KTU Model Question Paper
Candidates who are planning to appear in Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University Exam and searching for KTU Model Question Paper in PDF Form are at correct path. KTU S1, S2, S3, S4 Previous Year Papers with solution helps to prepare better for upcoming university exams. So, candidates can download KTU Previous Year Papers from this web page.
Earlier, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University was known by Kerala Technological University. Government of Kerala established this university and the purpose of this University is to manage, control and to provide direction in all aspects of technological as well as engineering education. The headquarters of this University is in Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidates who are studying in Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University can download KTU Model Question Paper for better preparation by hitting on the direct links that are provided in this web page.
Stay connected with our web portal for all the latest updates
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How To Prepare For Online Exam|
|10 Great Techniques To Read Faster Than Others|
|Best Study Apps for Students|
|Negative Marking in Entrance Exam|