Contenders who have applied for NIELIT Scientist–B & Technical Assistant exam may download latest NIELIT Syllabus 2021 for Computer Science/ Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, General Knowledge, reasoning & other subjects is available here.
National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology organize Scientific, Tech Asst ‘A’ (STA) paper for recruiting eligible & work oriented aspirants for various positions. In addition to this, you may get NIELIT Syllabus 2021 in PDF from too.We have placed direct link to avail NIELIT 2021 Syllabus.
Hit on link & get syllabus for Computer Science/ Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering. Those who get qualified in written test will undergo further round of selection i.e. Interview/Document verification. To get detailed NIELIT Syllabus 2021, have a glance on below of page tailored by team of recruitmentresult.com
NIELIT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2021:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCF
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
START: Quantitative Aptitude Quiz
NIELIT General English Syllabus 2021:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Read Now: How to Prepare for English
NIELIT Technical Assistant Exam Syllabus of Computer Knowledge:
- Instant Messengers.
- Word Processing.
- Page Layout.
- Presentation Software.
- Hardware & Software Components.
- Zip & Unzip files.
- Introduction to windows.
- Files and Folders.
NIELIT Scientist- B Exam Syllabus Reasoning:
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
Do You Know: How to Prepare for Reasoning
NIELIT Exam Syllabus 2021 of General Knowledge:
- History of India
- Scientific observations
- Constitution of India
- Economic issues in India
- New inventions
- About India and it’s neighboring countries
- Countries and capitals
- International issues
- National news (Current)
- Geography of India
- Political Science
- Indian Culture
- National and international current affairs
- Honours and Awards
- Famous Places in India
- Books and Authors
- Indian Culture
Check Out: How To Prepare For GK
NIELIT Syllabus 2021 of Information Technology:
- Data Communication and Network Technologies.
- Internet Technology & Web Design.
- Advanced Algorithms.
- Basics of OS, Unix and Shell Programming.
- Operating Systems.
- Digital Image Processing.
- Advanced Computer Graphics.
- Soft Computing.
- Cyber Forensic and Law.
- Mobile Computing.
- Mathematical Methods for Computing.
- Information Storage & Management.
Download: NIELIT Syllabus PDF (Scientist – ‘B’)
NIELIT Syllabus 2021 for Computer Science/ Computer Engineering:
Engineering Mathematics Syllabus:
- Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic:
- Probability: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniforms, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
- Set Theory & Algebra: Sets, Relations, Functions, Groups, Partial Orders, Lattice, Boolean Algebra.
- Combinations: Permutations, Combinations, Counting, Summation, generating functions, recurrence relations, asymptotics
- Graph Theory: Connectivity, spanning trees, Cut vertices & edges, covering, matching,independent sets, Colouring, Planarity, Isomorphism.
- Linear Algebra: Algebra of Matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors
- Numerical Methods: LU decomposition for systems of linear equations, numerical solutions of non-linear algebraic equations by Secant, Bisection and Newton-Raphson Methods; Numericalintegration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity & differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, evaluation of definite & improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivatives, Maxima & Minima.
Computer Science/ Computer Engg Syllabus:
Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of combinational and sequential circuits, Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point)
Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage
Analog and Digital Communication:
- Autocorrelation and power spectral density, properties of white noise, filtering of random signals through LTI systems, amplitude modulation and demodulation, angle modulation and demodulation, spectra of AM and FM
- Super heterodyne receivers circuits for analog communications, Information theory, entropy, mutual information and channel capacity theorem, Digital communications
- PCM, DPCM, digital modulation schemes, amplitude, phase and frequency shift keying (ASK, PSK, FSK), QAM, MAP and ML decoding
- matched filter receiver, calculation of bandwidth, SNR and BER for digital modulation; Fundamentals of error correction, Hamming codes; Timing and frequency synchronization, inter- symbol interference and its mitigation; Basics of TDMA, FDMA and CDMA
Know Here: Online Quiz For Competitive Exams
Programming and Data Structures:
Programming in C, Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding, Abstract data types Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps, Object Oriented Programming Concepts- Object, Class, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction and Encapsulation
- Analysis, Asymptotic, notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis, Design; Greedy approach, Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer
- Tree and graph traversals, Connected competent, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching, Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds, Basic concept of complexity classes –P, NP, NP-hard, NP-complete
Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability
Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization
Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-Process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security
Databases: ER-model, Relational Model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control
Information Systems and Software Engineering:
- Information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process specifications, input/output design, process life cycle
- Planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance
- ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies, Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion control, TCP/UDP and sockets
- IP(v4), IP(v6), Application layer protocols, (ICMP, DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP), Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and routers.
- Wireless technologies, Network security – basic concepts of public key and private key cryptography, digital signature, firewalls.
NIELIT Syllabus 2021 for Electronics and Communication Engineering:
For Engineering Mathematics:
Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.
- Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives
- Maxima and minima, multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems
- First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients
- Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Partial Differential Equations and variable separable method.
Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor’s and Laurent’ series, Residue theorem, solution integrals
Probability and Statistics:
Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson,Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.
Solutions of non-linear algebraic equations, single and multi-step methods for differential equations
Fourier transform,Laplace transform, Z-transform.
Want to Know? Top Universities in India
For Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Network graphs: matrices associated with graphs; incidence, fundamental cut set and fundamental circuit matrices. Solution methods: nodal and mesh analysis. Network theorems: superposition
- Thevenin and Norton’s maximum power transfer, Wye-Delta transformation. Steady state sinusoidal analysis using phasors. Linear constant coefficient differential equations; time domain analysis of simple RLC circuits
- Solution of network equations usingLaplace transform: frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits. 2-port network parameters: driving point and transfer functions. State equations for networks.
- Energy bands in silicon, intrinsic and extrinsic silicon, Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, drift current, mobility, and resistivity. Generation and recombination of carriers.p-n junction diode, Zener diode,
- Tunnel diode, BJT, JFET, MOS capacitor, MOSFET, LED, p-I-n and avalanche photo diode, Basics of LASERs, Device technology
- Integrated circuits fabrication process, oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography, n-tub, p-tub and twin-tub CMOS process.
- Small Signal Equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs and analog CMOS. Simple diode circuits, clipping, clamping, rectifier.Biasing and bias stability of transistor and FET amplifiers. Amplifiers: single-and multi-stage
- differential and operational, feedback, and power. Frequency response of amplifiers.Simple op-amp circuits. Filters. Sinusoidal oscillators; criterion for oscillation; single-transistor and op-amp configurations.Function generators and wave-shaping circuits, 555 Timers. Power supplies
- Boolean algebra, minimization of Boolean functions; logic gates; digital IC families (DTL, TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS)
- Combinatorial circuits: arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs. Sequential circuits
- latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers. Sample and hold circuits, ADCs, DACs. Semiconductor memories. Microprocessor(8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.
Signals and Systems:
- Definitions and properties ofLaplace transform, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier series, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier Transform, DFT and FFT, z-transform. Sampling theorem
- Linear Time-Invariant (LTI) Systems: definitions and properties; causality, stability, impulse response, convolution, poles and zeros, parallel and cascade structure, frequency response, group delay, phase delay. Signal transmission through LTI systems.
- Basic control system components; block diagrammatic description, reduction of block diagrams. Open loop and closed loop (feedback) systems and stability analysis of these systems
- Signal flow graphs and their use in determining transfer functions of systems; transient and steady state analysis of LTI control systems and frequency response. Tools and techniques for LTI control system analysis: root loci, Routh-Hurwitz criterion, Bode and Nyquist plots. Control system compensators
- elements of lead and lag compensation, elements of ProportionalIntegral-Derivative (PID) control. State variable representation and solution of state equation of LTI control systems.
- Random signals and noise: probability, random variables, probability density function, autocorrelation, power spectral density. Analog communication systems: amplitude and angle modulation and demodulation systems, spectral analysis of these operations, superheterodyne receivers
- elements of hardware, realizations of analog communication systems; signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) calculations for amplitude modulation (AM) and frequency modulation (FM) for low noise conditions
- Fundamentals of information theory and channel capacity theorem. Digital communication systems: pulse code modulation (PCM), differential pulse code modulation (DPCM), digital modulation schemes: amplitude, phase and frequency shift keying schemes (ASK, PSK, FSK), matched filter receivers
- bandwidth consideration and probability of error calculations for these schemes. Basics of TDMA, FDMA and CDMA and GSM
- Elements of vector calculus: divergence and curl; Gauss’ and Stokes’ theorems, Maxwell’s equations: differential and integral forms. Wave equation, Poynting vector. Plane waves: propagation through various media
- reflection and refraction; phase and group velocity; skin depth. Transmission lines: characteristic impedance
- impedance transformation; Smith chart; impedance matching; S parameters, pulse excitation. Waveguides: modes in rectangular waveguides; boundary conditions; cut-off frequencies; dispersion relations
- Basics of propagation in dielectric waveguide and optical fibers. Basics of Antennas: Dipole antennas; radiation pattern; antenna gain.
NIELIT Electronics & Telecommunication Syllabus 2021:
- Engineering Mathematics.
- Electronic Devices.
- Analog Circuits.
- Digital circuits.
- Signals and Systems.
- Control Systems.
- Analog & Digital Communications.
Simple points regarding NIELIT Scientist–B Exam:
- NIELIT Scientist B Written Examination will be conducted in OMR based and Objective type.
- Total 120 objective type Questions will be asked by candidates contains 60 questions from the respective stream and 60 questions on Generic Area.
- The Generic Area will contain Logical, Analytical Reasoning Capabilities, Quantitative and Qualitative abilities and General Awareness and Aptitude.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- There will be a Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Minimum qualifying percentage for the written examination for General- 50%, OBC Candidates -40%, SC/ST categories -30%s.
NIELIT Exam Pattern:
|Sr. no||NIELIT 2020 Exam Type||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|1.||OMR Based & Objective||Questions from Respective Streams||60||60|
|3.||Analytical Reasoning Capabilities|
Strategies to Crack NIELIT Exam
Refer NIELIT Syllabus 2021:
Exam Syllabus is one of the premier study materials which will help you in getting good marks in exam. Those who have applied for NIELIT exam may go through all topics as added in syllabus. You may download latest updated syllabus from this page.
NIELIT Previous Year Question Papers:
Previous year question paper comprises all questions which are asked in paper. So, refer these NIELIT question paper to score good marks in exam. Study these papers & make proper strategy to study.
Make proper time table & allot time to all topics as referred in syllabus. It’s better to make schedule chapter wise. Manage time in such a way that you get sufficient time for revision too.
Read Here: Latest Recruitments
Refer best Books and Study Materials:
NIELIT preparation books will guide you to crack paper. Refer all topics from these books, you may make notes chapter wise & revise them on continuous basis. Make proper schedule & allot time to all topics as added in syllabus.
Follow its Official Link to get more details about NIELIT Syllabus 2021; you can also bookmark our web portal to get latest updates on your timeline.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On