PMSSS 2021 is a Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. Through this AICTE PM Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme, students who belong to Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh region will get benefit of academic fee, maintenance allowance after qualifying class XII or equivalent examination. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) launched this PMSSS Scheme.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has started the online registration process of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) for the academic session 2021-22. The scheme PMSSS is for 10+2 students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. So, eligible and interested students must enroll for the AICTE PM Scholarship Scheme before the closing date.
|Scholarship Scheme Name||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)|
|Provided by||AICTE All India Council for Technical Education|
|Purpose||To encourage the youth of J & K and Ladakh to pursue their higher education outside the state|
|Total number of Scholarships||5000|
Every year 5000 scholarships are provided to students of Jammu & Kashmir, so that they can pursue their under graduate courses outside J&K state. Students can read complete details about PMSSS 2021-22 such as courses offered, eligibility, applying procedure etc by scrolling down this page.
PMSSS 2021 Important Dates:
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online submission of Application form start date||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of July 2021|
|Beginning of documents verification||3rd week of July 2021|
|Releasing of merit list||August 2021|
|Allocation of financial support||September 2021|
- Domicile of Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh
- Students must have passed out 10+2 examination from (JKBOSE or CBSE Schools located in J&K and Ladakh) in Academic Year 2021-22.
- Family income not exceeding more than Rs. 8.00 Lakh per annum
PMSSS 2021 Non-Eligibility Criteria
The candidates are not eligible for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme if they fall under the following categories:
- Not applied through AICTE portal
- Courses are offered from Open University
- Availing benefits from other Govt./Non-Govt. scheme
- Admission to the course is through Management quota
- Joined Institute other than those in AICTE portal
- Pursuing any Diploma/Post Graduate Program
- Admission is through Agents/NGOs
- If the student is absent during the Counselling
- Joined any other Institute other than allotted one.
PMSSS 2021 Courses
Here is the list of courses for which Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is given to the eligible students:
- General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/BCA etc.
- Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses.
Also Check Out: Aakash Sparrk 2021 Application
Financial Help Provided Through PMSSS:
For Academic Fee:
|Stream||Academic Fee||Maintenance Charges Limits||Number of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Upto Rs 30,000/-||* Uniformly Rs.|
|Upto Rs. 1.25|
|Upto Rs. 3.00|
|Total No. of Scholarships||——-||5000|
For Hostel Fee:
Uniformly Rs. 1.00 Lakh per annum (in ten equal installments)
Objectives of PMSSS:
- Through this scholarship, students will be provided academic fee and maintenance allowance.
- To make the youngsters of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh capable by educating, so that they can compete at the National Level.
- To give knowledge of culture, language and livelihood of other Indian states to the students of J&K and Ladakh
Check Here: List Of Scholarships in India
PMSSS 2021 Reservation Criteria
The reservation norms for the State of J&K in respect of SC, ST and SEBC are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme:
|Sc (Scheduled Caste)||8%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||11%|
Gujjar & Backward
|Socially and Economically backward classes||25%|
Weak & underprivileged classes/social caste (OCS)
A resident of the backward area (RBA)
A resident of adjoining actual line of control (ALC)
How to apply for the PMSSS Scholarship?
- Students must visit the official website of AICTE i.e. www.aicte-india.org
- Press on “PMSSS J&K” link appearing under “Quick Links” section on the left side of the home page.
- Read complete details about PMSSS such as advertisement, brochure, methodology etc from the opened page.
- After that, press on “Registration 2021-22” link to apply for PMSSS Registration.
- Fill up the necessary asked details and apply for PMSSS Application Form till the last date.
Apply Online: PMSSS 2021 Registration Link
Press Here: AICTE Official Website
Documents to be uploaded while filling the application form are as follows:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Domicile certificate of J&K.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income certificate
PMSSS 2021 Seat Matrix
03% Horizontal reservation is provided for Physically Handicapped (PwD: (Disability above 40%), as per Central Government Norms.
PMSSS 2021-22 Helpline Numbers:
Phone Number: 011-29581007, 011-29581518, +91-9419144030 (Consultant,PMSSS)
Email Id: email@example.com
For Technical Support: Ph: 011- 29581333, 011-29581338,
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
PMSSS 2021 FAQ’s
Question 1: What is PMSSS?
Answer: It is Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme For Students.
Question 2: What is Official Website of PMSSS 2021?
Answer: The official website of PMSSS is www.aicte-india.org
Question 3: Maximum Scholarship Amount?
Answer: The Maximum Scholarship Amount is 1,25,000 INR
Question 4: In which mode the application form for PMSSS 2021 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in offline mode only.
Question 5: What is the seat reservation policy under PMSSS 2021 scholarship scheme?
Answer: The seats reserved for students from various categories are as follows.
- SC candidates: 8%
- ST candidates: 10%
- SEBC: 22%
Question 6: How many scholarships are available under PMSSS?
Answer: The exact number of scholarships will be available only after the release of official notification. As per the last year, it is expected that there will be around 5000 scholarships.
Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 complete details are well written on this page of recruitmentresult.com Students must go through it before applying for the scholarship form.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How to Get Scholarship||Best Career Opportunities|
|Education Loans for Students||How Do Toppers Study?|
|List Of Entrance Exam in India||Best Study Apps for Students|
|How To Prepare For Scholarship||Top Universities in India|