This page has been created to give you a view of Principal Salary in India 2022 along with the tasks undertaken by the Principal of a High School. The national average Pay Scale of a high school principal is Rs. 660,067/- per year. From below section of this page, Visitors can check details about High School Principal Salary in India, Principal Salary Per Month, Principal Pay Scale, Average Principal Salary.
Principal Salary in India
Average Principal Salary in India 2022
|Assets||National Salary Data|
|School Principal Salary in India||Rs. 146k – 2m|
|Bonus||Rs. 2k – Rs. 196k|
|Profit Sharing||Rs. 0 – Rs. 25k|
|Total Pay||Rs. 175k- Rs. 2m|
Principal Remuneration Based on Experience
Check out Principal Average Salary in India from below given table
|Experience||Average Principal Salaries|
|Less than a year||Rs. 570k|
|1-4 years||Rs. 504k|
|5-9 years||Rs. 497k|
|20 years or more||Rs. 793k|
Check Out: Latest Teaching Jobs
Salary Trends during the career of a Principal
Check Out High School Principal Salary Per Month
Pay Difference by Location
|Kolkata, West Bengal||▼39%|
Skills required for High School Principal
|Skills||Principal Salary in India Per Month|
|Team Leadership||Rs. 679,412|
|Curriculum Planning||Rs. 679,412|
|People Management||Rs. 669,000|
Check Here: Latest B.Ed Jobs
Highest paying cities in India for School Principals
Get details of School Principal Salary Per Month / Principal Salary in Govt School from below:
|City||College Principal Salary in India|
|Noida, Uttar Pradesh (Principal Salary in UP)||Rs. 1,08,358/- (School Principal Salary in Uttar Pradesh)|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||Rs. 90,090/-|
|Ludhiana, Punjab||Rs. 71,458/-|
|Hyderabad, Telangana||Rs. 58,464/-|
|Bengaluru, Karnataka (Highest Salary of Principal)||Rs. 52,959/-|
|Coimbatore, Tamilnadu||Rs. 48,445/-|
|Principal Salary in Rajasthan||Rs. 44,513/-|
|Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh||Rs. 43,602/-|
Check Out: Primary School Teacher Salary in India
Principal Job Detail
The principal of a high school takes care of overall administration in a school and also finalizes the curriculum to be undertaken in an academic year. He also motivates the staff and the students towards the vision and mission of the institution. His job is also to make sure that the institution complies with all the laws and safety regulations.
How to become the Principal of a High school?
The requisite educational qualifications and the attributes that a Principal must possess have been given as follows:
- To be the Principal of school one must at least acquire a Bachelor’s degree in education (B.Ed). Many colleges and universities offer degree programs in elementary, secondary, and special education.
- A Principal must possess a teaching certificate which is issued by state as well as central governments after completion of adequate training.
- Aspiring school Principals must teach a variety of subjects to different grade levels. They must take initiatives to showcase their leadership skills in various co-curricular activities.
- For a person aspiring to be a school principal it is highly recommended that one pursues a Master’s Degree in educational administration.
- One may even consider starting with the role of a Vice – Principal and eventually becoming a principal.
Hope you are contended with the information provided on this page about the Principal salary in India and other aspects of the principal of a school. Stay tuned to get regular updates about CBSE School Principal Salary, Principal Salary in Delhi, Average High School Principal Salary in India. In order to raise a query you may leave your comment in the comment box provided below, we will try to provide you with the most appropriate solution for your concern.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Latest Private Jobs||Highest Paying Government Jobs in India|
|Jobs by Organization||Latest Recruitment|